Rochester City School District

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jean-Claude Brizard

I really enjoy working in various settings and enjoy the students in which I serve.

Per Diem Teacher (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsThe pay is good and you can get the work.

ConsThey rarely put many people of color in permanent positions . Although 100% of the students are diversed. Make sure you get the budget code because all the secretaries act like a witch when it come to payroll. They like to minimize and maximize thru title. Backstabber

Advice to Senior ManagementBe helpful. Give and you shall recieve.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Unorganized and detached from real solutions

ProsWonderful pay, benefits. Co-workers were nice, mentoring for new teachers available.

ConsSchool was a zoo. Students are allowed to get away with any type of behavioral issue, as the "consequences" are minimal, ineffective, and almost laughable. Therefore, learning is also minimal, and teachers are not supported to provide the best instruction possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave forums where both teachers and students voices are heard....so many building principals and superintendent do not know why there is such a low attendance and drop out rate....look at the behaviors of students in buildings : fights daily, students running everywhere, talking back to students, no security, minimal social work/counseling support, principals completely overwhelmed and rarely available. Students who are actually trying to learn are distracted by the awful behaviors that occur almost every 2 minutes in classrooms, disrupting instruction. Unfortunately, until something changes, and tighter rules are implemented for behaviors, nothing is going to change.

Decent

Photocopy Operator (Former Employee)

ProsThe original location was nice because it was located downtown. The people where fairly nice. The first two years there 40 hour weeks were a regular occurrence.

ConsMy work hours were scaled back to less than 40 hours a week. I received no raises the entire time i worked there but my workload increased drastically. I was offered a position in the mail room but my supervisor refused to let me go which resulted in a missed opportunity for advancement in the district.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Assistant to senior management team

ProsGreat learning experiences and wealth of knowledge

ConsFlat organizational structure and limited opportunities for growth

Ok

Teacher (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsTeacher hours, weekends off, no holidays

ConsYou will work a lot at home at night, minimal support from admins

Advice to Senior Managementsupport your staff!

Good place to get the understanding of the govt. office

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsNice people to work with

ConsLot of policies and protocols take time to get the work done

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

RCSD teaching

Teacher (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsAs a teacher, you will never work anywhere where your services are needed more.

ConsAdministrative support problems; safety issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to and support the people who are working with students daily. Get funding to students for classroom activities, and support funding that goes directly to students.

Worked for Rochester City School District? Contribute to the Community!