Rockbestos Surprenant Cable

Be The First To
Add Photos

Frederick C. Schwelm Jr.

RSCC Great Place to Work... But sporatic layoffs over the past 2 years

Customer Service (Former Employee)
East Granby, CT

I worked at Rockbestos Surprenant Cable

ProsEmployees are treated with respect and their input is considered and valued.
The training I received was outstanding.
The working environment is a typical manufacturing facility, nothing outstanding and nothing horrific.
The compansation package 401, health, vision, dental is similar to other larger corporations.
Great job communicating with the employees; the goals and directions handed to them by RSCC's parent company.
Most employees have worked for the company 20 years or more.

ConsPlant safety out on the floor is an on going issue. There have been several serious accidents, including a fatality in the factory.
And while as an employee you will be recognized for your contributions, be wary... because once you do prove that you can do the job - more and more duties will be added - until you reach maximum capacity. Then, management will start to wonder aloud why you don't seem to be finishing your work and why the level of your work has fallen.
Currently they are so thin, that most of their employees are FLAT OUT trying to do their jobs and handle the duties of someone else who had been laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe tail is wagging the dog. Rockebestos is owed by a parent company who's target profits for RSCC is shaping the direction of the company. To achieve these numbers it requires laying off employees who's knowledge and experience can not be replaced. Management should apply the resources they have towards the markets and customers that are doing well at this time -instead of gettting rid of the people who have been giving 110% of their efforts through all the tough times this company has been through.

I did not like it.

I worked at Rockbestos Surprenant Cable part-time

ProsPeople were nice, but human resources were not.

ConsThe company is very disorganized.

Worst place I've ever worked

Manchester, NH

I worked at Rockbestos Surprenant Cable

ProsThey seem to be financially stable.

ConsStuck in the old days of management. Don't know how to treat people these days. Horrible leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all the upper management and put Dennis Chalk in charge. He at least understands how to deal with people.

A lot of potential being held back by its top leadership.

I worked at Rockbestos Surprenant Cable

ProsPart of a large and financially stable company.

ConsRun by a leader who has not stayed up with the times.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop leadership should retire and let the next generation take over.

Worked for Rockbestos Surprenant Cable? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockbestos Surprenant Cable reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockbestos Surprenant Cable CEO Frederick C. Schwelm Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Rockbestos Surprenant Cable employees.