Rocket Clicks Reviews

Reset
4.3
Jeff Hughes
1 Rating

1. Great company, innovative people, fulfilling work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Rocket Clicks

Pros

Rocket Clicks is 20-30 incredibly smart people working together to optimize & improve company's online efforts, so you always feel that you are making a difference. The best idea always wins, so even at an intern level you can change the course of the company with a "big idea." The industry is always changing and challenging making Rocket Clicks a vessel to doing really cool things in a really cool space. The work you do is always different, so it keeps it fresh. I never am "bored" at work, or feel there is nothing to do. Management cares about the people that work here and the "team" feel is evident in everything we do. Management involves the whole team when establishing goals and initiatives, and we work together to rally around progress, and celebrates our wins. Everyone goes out of their way to recognize the hard work of others. The coaching system they use is great. Instead of scary 6 month review or annual reviews, we review our performance, give and take feedback, and set personal development goals on a bi-weekly basis. I never feel like I do not have a feel of how my manager thinks I am performing.

Cons

It's a newer company and team so we are changing things a lot as we figure out the best way to do things in our work and as a team. Although exciting, it can take some patience as the team figures out the most effective way to function.

Advice to Management

Keep providing great feedback, clarity on how people can grow and advance in the company and recognition on great work done.

2. Has been a really positive experience!

I have been working at Rocket Clicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are great! The company works hard at your development and if you are a younger employee or newer to the field, you may have access to more responsibility with Rocket Clicks than at another company with the same job title. I love what I do here and have never had a hard time getting out of bet to go there. They seem to value your input, even if they can't always take action on it. Since its a small shop, I feel that my work directly contributes to the success of the business everyday. I know exactly what value I have here because I can see the forward movement. Managers are very transparent with the team, and everyone seems to get along really well.

Cons

It's smaller, so there is not always a clear path for advancement- sometimes you have to make your own and prove the need to management, but then they are really receptive. The executive team does not have a lot of past experience directly in this field, so it helps to be patient with direction.

3. Rocket Clicks has become a fantastic place to work

I have been working at Rocket Clicks

Pros

Some of the criticisms pointed out by past employees (though a bit overblown) WERE true in the past. But Rocket Clicks has come a long way in the past year to overcome the hurdles of being a young company that was growing fast. No one is brought up from intern to full time status until they are well able to handle clients on their own. The team is very smart, and we have the client testimonials and data to prove that we do great work. Management has taken great strides to ensure that people are fairly compensated and acknowledged for a job well done. The industry is always changing, and there are always new and interesting skills to learn.

Cons

Some management decisions cause small bumps in the road leading to where the company wants to go, but these issues are becoming fewer, farther between, and less noticeable. The senior staff members have become much better at acknowledging these issues and learning from them

5. Rocket Clicks Tries to be Fun

I worked at Rocket Clicks

Pros

Young environment, casual work attire, need little experience to go a long way, pretty much 8:30-5 work schedule

Cons

Very cliquish, not much time off, few employee bonding opportunities outside of work

Advice to Management

Do more team building offsite

RSS Feed </> Embed