Rockfish Interactive

Updated August 11, 2014
3.8

Rockfish Interactive Founder & CEO Kenny Tomlin
Kenny Tomlin

Positive environment & growing team!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great thought leaders that live our core values, amazing flexibility in hours and schedule and just a really fun (and brilliant) group of people. The office is growing and I'm glad to be among the trailblazers. I look forward to going into work and learning about new client wins, exciting value adds or just a fun app or game.

Cons

More quiet than what I'm used to, but we have our moments.

Innovative Environment!

I worked at Rockfish Interactive full-time

Pros

Great company with a fun, friendly, and hard working environment. Plus the work is really cool!

Cons

I do not have any complaints about working at this company.

Worst leadership

I worked at Rockfish Interactive as a contractor

Pros

They seem to be getting decent clients.

Cons

I spent about 3 months freelancing for these people and just never want to see them again. Let's see, I saw the CSO scream at people. Multiple meetings that didn't have any purpose. Lots of backstabbing between different departments. For example, the content group poised against the creative group. A lot of these people came from backgrounds not even related to digital, so trying to explain simple tasks... The communication was dreadful. Completely inexperienced people somehow being handed leadership and management positions. It was really chaotic. It took FOREVER TO GET PAID. Which is weird because I was sold something completely different walking in the door. Smoke and Mirrors. Anyway, so glad I didn't take a job there.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great team, great culture, bad politics.

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of great daily incentives and team bonding activities. This is just built in with their culture.

Cons

New management may be turning that culture into a fight for survival. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

One of the best places to ever be

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time

Pros

What an incredible place with truly unlimited opportunity. Every day brings on new challenges, and exciting new adventures. No matter what you do there, everyone is always willing to help you out with any situation.
    The personal and professional growth that you gain from working there is truly unlimited. Rockfish really makes an tremendous investment in it's people, and has really provided a lot of amazing careers for many people.

Cons

The kegs run out too often

Take the time to stop by your employee's desk and just ask how they are doing. If they have any issues, listen, but then take action.

Excellent Company with Excellent Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work alongside some of the most talented people in the industry. People who easily join together to accomplish the mission at hand, whether that is current client work or something internally focused. YouEarnedIt allows me to recognize my colleagues for great work and they do the same for me. I love the growth and the change as it makes for an exciting and rewarding professional environment. Unlimited PTO is fantastic, but the best part of working at Rockfish is that senior leadership is ALWAYS willing to listen...the only place I've ever worked that truly supported the Open Door Policy with real accessibility to leaders.

Cons

Rapid growth can be uncomfortable for some employees and takes some getting used to. Opening new offices frequently which is not always great.

Find the sweet spot and focus on growing what we do best.

Disorganized

Former Employee - Developer  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Developer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Rockfish Interactive as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great team and fun projects

Cons

No communication between departments. Very difficult to get paid as a contractor.

Set a core team on a project, the project I was involved had team members coming in and out so fast that no-one had a clue what was going on. Only one other person of the thirty odd people that came on and off of that team knew the technology that the client had asked for and unfortunately the project leads paid no attention to his suggestions.

Fantastic internship experience

Former Employee - Summer Intern  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Rockfish Interactive as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The work environment is fantastic -- there is a strong balance between the high efficiency in work and the casual atmosphere. The company is rapidly growing so there are a lot of opportunities to take on additional responsibility. All of the employees are extremely friendly.
    Rockfish benefits from having a startup culture, but also providing the opportunity to work for big clients.

Cons

There is not much to say here. One possible con would be working in one of the smaller cities they are based out of, if you prefer a big-city lifestylw.

Keep-up the great work!

If you have little digital experience and like working for ranting executives with zero skills

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at Rockfish Interactive full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can get that bs agency perk culture anywhere. It's the same old agency in terrible locations

Cons

I consistently run into people who have worked or done work here and we all talk about the same things: Useless ECD, horrific CSO, terrible VP of Content and search, but lots of good people who work their asses off. Truly, it's a miracle that they manage to thrive. They do it by hiring low wage people with little experience and train them to follow their path. It' s their path or the highway, by the way, don't bother to voice a difference of opinion.

Meh...you won't listen.

Great place to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture - Great people, great minds, and a whole lot of fun
    Responsibility - You are constantly challenged and given responsibilities if you earn them
    Autonomy - Ability to get work done on your own accord and prove your worth

Cons

Work/life balance - Sometimes incredibly difficult to maintain balance - but that's agency life
    Career growth - lacks the maturity and process to give you a very clear career direction

Worked for Rockfish Interactive? Contribute to the Community!