Rockford Park District

Add Photos

Tim Dimke

It was good.

I have been working at Rockford Park District

ProsThey had flexible hours for some positions which I found to be helpful especially as it was a summer position. It was nice to have flexible hours over the summer.

ConsI never felt safe in the location where I worked which was the downtown office. Downtown Rockford is not somewhere I want to spend much time.

Most fulfilling job I could've asked for!

Therapeutic Recreation Program Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Rockford Park District part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe therapeutic recreation department does incredible work serving individuals with disabilities in the community. Every program director I had the opportunity to work with was extremely personable and relatable. It won't take long before your coworkers become some of your best friends! It's also very easy to pick up hours in other programs you may not necessarily be assigned to work upon being hired. Overall, it's a fun, flexible, and fulfilling environment if you're willing to work!

ConsA potential downside might be the distance you may have to drive to some program sites. Program directors/coordinators try to be considerate of the distance you'll have to travel to work, but you might have to compromise a bit if you want to pick up additional hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

The employees are great, and are always willing to help!

Key Seasonal/Program Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rockford Park District part-time for more than a year

ProsThe people you work with love having fun. There is a great work and play atmosphere. In my experience everyone was willing to help. You truly work as a team on almost everything. A lot of potential upward mobility if you are willing to put in your time.

ConsThough there is a lot of upward mobility, it is never known when you will get the promotion. Due to budget cuts you now must wait for someone to retire or move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place to work!

Landscape Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rockford Park District

ProsExcellent work environment with great co-workers. There are many opportunities for growth.

ConsWorking for the public means that all projects have a greater impact and require balancing many sometimes competing interests; this requires extra sensitivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Fair, not great or bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rockford Park District

ProsPassionate people who care about their city

ConsNot much growth potential in the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to some of your people and incorporate the ideas that will actually bring benefit to the public and increase revenue to the districs

Worked for Rockford Park District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockford Park District reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockford Park District CEO Tim Dimke. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Rockford Park District employees.