Rockwell Automation

76 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The best of the best!

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe culture, people and work life balance is something that excites me to come into work everyday!

ConsLike any other company, it is difficult to gain headcount. The Milwaukee Headquarters building seems out of date.

Opportunity with challenges

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Mequon, WI

ProsGood job with opprotunity to gain knowlwege in customer servise and project management in Highly matrix organisation

ConsNo clear directions from immidiate supervisory stuff, no backing from seniour management,

Great First Work Place

Hardware Development Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsHealthy Competition within the team
    Experienced people who encourage younger new employees to learn and move ahead.

ConsNeeds higher ratio of younger crowd to bring in new ideas and update the system.
    Can do better with allowing innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the Engineers for realistic schedules. Take the risk for newer ideas.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work one job or grow a full career within the company.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsMany opportunities for International exposure depending on your position, cool products that are cutting edge in the industry, many leadership opportunities if you can figure out what your department and boss really needs.

ConsFurther self development and training opportunities could be expanded and promoted further. Office culture pros/cons really comes down to the department you are in, I have seen good and bad cultures.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep continuously providing different avenues of training and self development for employees.

Ok place to work

Project Lead (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsGenerally nice people but varies by location, decent salaries

ConsVery poor work life balance especially from management and their expectations, extremely poor communication and style. If you're not management you are less than nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider acting less arrogant

Great Company to Start In

Engineering Technician (Former Employee)
    Mequon, WI

ProsRockwell was a solid company to work for in Milwaukee. Great people. Great products. Great Research and Development. I worked in the R&D Dept and it was a cool contract opportunity. If your job is done well and you want more than they will gladly give it to you. Poking ones head up above the cubicles can give fantastic career results!

and as a side note...awesome cafeteria.

ConsToo much contract work. This left a fractured dynamic between full-time, contractors, and foreign hired engineers.

Ambiguity in the future. Because this company heavily hires contractors, it leaves all involved with less of a stake to have a vested interest in future success of the company and it shows.

People who have worked there for decades can be soured to building relationships and new contractors/hires quickly loose steam due to high turnovers.

Heath care needs improvement (astronomically high)

Energy at corporate is not high. All the empty space in the vast AB building is not very promising.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management at Rockwell is very solid but its commitment to the employees depends on "the market". I would recommend plucking the brightest from contractors and adding them to full time status more quickly. I have never had so much job satisfaction as I had in Mequon, WI working with the fine team of engineers and PM team on the Rhino project, but it was very stressful to try to maintain the concentration needed to add value to my position knowing that on the end of completion I would be terminated or my contract would end. I'm not sure if upper management even pays attention to all the griping and that can happen on here, but one thing is clear: Rockwell is definitely training great talent for other companies rather than retaining great talent for itself. This new trend of hiring great techs cheap and on contract is not good long-term for their products, customers, or long-term full-time employees.

Great opportunities for the hard worker

Finance, Accounting (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsFlexible work environment. Overall good work-life balance. Rockwell has reasonable benefits and a good corporate office that has a large cafeteria, health center and fitness center.

ConsDifficult to ensure continuous growth with the company unless you are willing to relocate internationally. The work life balance within the functions are rocky due to certain business units being somewhat unorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time creating opportunities for females within the Finance realm.

Not what it used to be

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsPay is decent for this area of Wisconsin.

ConsZero work/life balance in some BUs. Ops is notorious. Ops loves to run understaffed and have their employees leave their personal life behind. While other BUs have deadbeat employees who don't even work a full week, amd produce little or nothing while they are at thier desk. VERY uneven treatment. And they trumpet healthy this and healthy that as management pushes the employees who actually produce, to a work life of constant stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a break from giving yourselves bonuses and cashing all those stock options like winning lottery tickets, and start showing the grunts who do the real work that paid for your gravy train lifestyle, the respect they deserve.

c#, c++ programming

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

Prosgood work environment and teams

Consfeedback took longer than desired

Project engineer

Project Engineering (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsRockwell is a great place to work

ConsThe workload can be high

Worked for Rockwell Automation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockwell Automation reviews and ratings in Milwaukee, WI — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockwell Automation CEO Keith D. Nosbusch. All 76 reviews posted anonymously by Rockwell Automation employees.