Rockwell Automation

Rockwell Automation Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Rockwell Automation Chairman, President, and CEO Keith D. Nosbusch

Keith D. Nosbusch

Pros:
  • "Very flexible environment and excellent approach to work/life balance"
    in 27 reviews
  • "The work environment was very driven by ITIL documentation"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "The work life balance within the functions are rocky due to certain business units being somewhat unorganized"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Senior management seems to be intentionally ignorant of the situation"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work one job or grow a full career within the company.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rockwell Automation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMany opportunities for International exposure depending on your position, cool products that are cutting edge in the industry, many leadership opportunities if you can figure out what your department and boss really needs.

ConsFurther self development and training opportunities could be expanded and promoted further. Office culture pros/cons really comes down to the department you are in, I have seen good and bad cultures.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep continuously providing different avenues of training and self development for employees.

Always be part of the solutions, customerss are waiting for the answers.

Senior Buyer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rockwell Automation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsA company with greats ethis values.

ConsNo one is perfect, but woking on the continuos improvement process.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard, to achive the goals!!!

technical support Engineer

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rockwell Automation full-time for more than a year

Prosable to work on different technologies, pay is ok but it's much lower then competitor.

Consthe company is stuck using old systems and won't approve funding for better tools which can promote productivity.

Advice to Senior Managementtake advice from front end support and update some of the current systems which will benefit the end customers

Generally good, people are professional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rockwell Automation full-time

ProsGood working relationship with peers

ConsOverwhelming layers of management, changing direction

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the Talk

Working in Rockwell Automation is a nice learning experience

ProsFreedom to work, Responsibility, Friendlyness

ConsGets stressful around quarter end/year end

High market share, strong technology & solutions, good family/work balance

Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Rockwell Automation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsRockwell's strong technology development has allowed the company to win a very high market share in North America in most product areas. Field Sales resources seem to be well compensated compared to the industry. There is a lot of autonomy and freedom given to field sales to drive their business activities as they wish, although still a requirement to adhere to many business measurables. Strong support throughout management for a culture of inclusion across the organization.

ConsExecutive management tends to be fairly conservative and allows very little authority with the customer-facing resources. It can sometimes take a long time for business decisions to be made because of this. There is also very slow adoption of allowing employees to work remotely for jobs that are considered "corporate".... strong desire from management for corporate employees to live in Milwaukee/Cleveland areas.

Rockwell is a wonderful place to work.

I have been working at Rockwell Automation

ProsRockwell provides hardware, software and services that makes manufacturing easy. They serve just about every automation industry and application.

ConsThey are not valuing people over 40 with experience. All promotional opportunities are offered to people in 30's.

Ok place to work

Project Lead (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rockwell Automation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGenerally nice people but varies by location, decent salaries

ConsVery poor work life balance especially from management and their expectations, extremely poor communication and style. If you're not management you are less than nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider acting less arrogant

An enigmatic facade

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I worked at Rockwell Automation as an intern for less than a year

ProsThis is a very large and well known company. There are tons of different departments, and they were re-doing sections of the already enormous building while I was there. Everyone *seemed* so nice and friendly from the beginning, and eager to help me get situated and learn my job requirements.

ConsThe truth about this company is that they are looking for people who they don't have to pay very much to do their job. This is why they almost always have a huge influx of interns, because they can work the interns a certain amount of time without "hiring" them so that they don't have to pay benefits, etc. My friend worked here for the maximum allotted period of time for an intern and then they abruptly fired him, only to re-hire him as an intern again after the mandatory amount of "time off" had passed for them to be able to do so. During my brief stint here, I was given literally no direction whatsoever. They didn't train me or explain the position or give me tasks to do and then they wondered why I didn't understand the position. They asked me why I hadn't completed tasks that I didn't even have access to and had never heard of. The interesting and puzzling thing is that nobody said a single negative thing to me the entire 2 weeks I was there, but then they called the temp agency that I had been hired through and completely threw me under the bus saying I didn't care about the job, I was always late, and a number of other statements that were complete lies. Thanks to them I couldn't work through that temp agency again, and nothing that they said was even true. I honestly can't say that I've ever had another work experience like this.
They treat the engineers and higher ups fairly well from what I saw, but the new hires and interns are basically ignored. I have a very short learning curve, I am certain that if they would have trained me AT ALL I could have easily completed the tasks at hand. However, that was not the case. The "stabbed in the back" method they used to get rid of me was needlessly brutal as well. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this corrupt corporate giant.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was given no instructions and no training whatsoever. They called a meeting and asked me why I hadn't done a specific part of the job process that I had NEVER EVEN HEARD OF. To act like it is a new employees fault for not being trained is unacceptable, especially to lie about the reasons they didn't want me there. I was NEVER late, not once, yet they said I was late every day and had "no concern for my job." This couldn't have been farther from the truth. I am not a disgruntled employee or anything, I wasn't even there long enough to consider myself an employee. I just want to get the point across that there was an awful lot of unnecessary dishonesty and backstabbing when they could have simply said that I wasn't a good fit for the job that no one showed me how to do.

I've sincerely enjoyed my time with Rockwell Automation

I have been working at Rockwell Automation

ProsThis is a very secure company to be with

ConsNot much autonomy availible for most

Worked for Rockwell Automation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockwell Automation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockwell Automation CEO Keith D. Nosbusch. All 303 reviews posted anonymously by Rockwell Automation employees.