Rockwell Automation

Rockwell Automation Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Rockwell Automation Chairman, President, and CEO Keith D. Nosbusch

Keith D. Nosbusch

Pros
  • The culture, people and work life balance is something that excites me to come into work everyday (in 30 reviews)

• The work environment was very driven by ITIL documentation (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be out of whack - hours can be demanding (in 12 reviews)

• Senior management seems to be intentionally ignorant of the situation (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome growth potential!!!

ProsThe career development is outstanding, they really help you pick the path to where you want to go. They also will then provide you with the tools and coaching necessary to fulfill your vision.

ConsThe work life can get a little crazy, but the learning from the stress and the challenges you'll face are second to none for your career!

Advice to Senior Managementhelp everyone understand their piece in the overall strategy - less silos and polarity metrics

Rockwell Automation Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are a number of different career opportunities.

ConsThere is a corporate type atmosphere.

Awesome Company to work for long-term

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mayfield Heights, OH

ProsFlexible work schedule, summer hours (Four 9-hr days, half day Friday), good cafeteria, gift shop, and workout facilities, organized activities for young people, continued learning is promoted, good video training for employees.

Many of the employees have been here for all of their lives. They say it is a great company to work for at that RA takes care of them.

ConsLack of communication between upper management and developers.. changes are just thrown at developers with little input or notice, slow to change, much of the software and tools are outdated

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work with flexible work hours! M

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Pros- Half day Fridays between Memorial and Labor days (work four 9 full and 1 half day)
    - Great benefits
    - A lot of extra curricular activities/groups to join within the organization.
    - Corporate responsibility is apparent in upper leadership and cascades top down.
    - Highly focused on ethics and training employees.

Cons- Employee growth opportunities at times seems to be lacking.
    - Cubed environment feels cramped and uninviting at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on following through with employee growth initiatives and offer more employee incentives/perks.

Great Company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsBeing such a large company, you would expect a strict fast-paced environment. However, this is not the case. While there are deadlines to be met and plenty of work to do, in many cases your left to complete it at your own pace; as long as you're meeting deadlines of course. Topped off with a large host of benefits and friendly staff members, it's a great environment for anyone looking for long-term employment or even to gain some valuable experience before moving on.

ConsWhile co-workers do tend to be friendly, many of the older employees that make up a vast majority of the company tend to be stuck in there way, straying away from new processes that interfere with "their way of doing things."

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an open mind to new innovations and don't be afraid to enforce them to make things "easier" in the long run.

Stodgy, old company run like a stodgy old company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe work; highly-technical model predictive control; side-by-side with the sharpest tacks in the box.

ConsStodgy, old company run like a stodgy old company buying innovations they know nothing about; running a software company like a sweatshop.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the way.

Great internship

Prosgreat starting company, lots to do

ConsThere be too much Red Tape,

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the future leaders and develop that talent

Highly ethical company

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsIf you want a particular experience, the company will usually help you get it
    Company is highly ethical
    The company has many highly talented individuals

ConsWork life balance can be out of whack - hours can be demanding
    Like any big corporation, re-orgs happen all the time - in the good times and bad
    Rockwell has a full automation portfolio but lacks other power products such as transformers, switchgear, etc. which can make it hard to win jobs

Opportunity with challenges

Project Manager (Current Employee) Mequon, WI

ProsGood job with opprotunity to gain knowlwege in customer servise and project management in Highly matrix organisation

ConsNo clear directions from immidiate supervisory stuff, no backing from seniour management,

Strong Company, Great Values

ProsExcellent coworkers. Great work environment. Highly Ethical.

ConsBenefits are not the strong point.

Worked for Rockwell Automation? Contribute to the Community!