Rockwell Collins

www.rockwellcollins.com

Rockwell Collins Reviews in San Diego, CA

Updated Feb 5, 2014

Kelly Ortberg

Pros
  • A non-trivial number projects in maintenance that provide good work-life balance(in 46 reviews)

• At the moment, we have some pretty good benefits (week off at Christmas time)(in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • Cedar Rapids Iowa is not an ideal area to retain talented employees(in 65 reviews)

• No Work Life balance, HR doesn't have the minimum idea of employees needs(in 17 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This is a process driven company.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat intelligent people. I worked for a smaller BU with diverse products and projects to work on. Opportunity to work and various aspects of the products.

ConsToo much processes which cause stagnate any innovation idea. Local management do not have discretionary funding for engineering to try new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo less counting numbers. Put investment in long term products that are less affected by the annual congressional budget.

Not a good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Poway, CA

ProsI made a couple of good friends and worked with a couple of people I liked and respected.

ConsPoway management was horrific, didn't listen to employees when they voice issues with management, released employees under less than honest reasoning, upper management is narrow-minded. Started as a small company and maintained the clique mentality of "newcomers not welcome".

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of most of your managers in Poway and get real ones...people that aren't engineers and have some people skills. Listen to what your staff is saying. Walk the walk and talk the talk. Show your staff you mean what you say and are really working to improve. Don't sit in your office with your door closed and expect things to change.

Good company to work for.

Electoral Engineer (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsFriendly people to work with. Relaxed, professional environment to work in.

ConsNot many cons at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to spend some more money on product innovation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to retire at.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Poway, CA

ProsStability within the commercial and defense industry is a good thing for job security.

ConsA lot of process and a lot of the career growth is found in Cedar Rapids. The office outside of the main HQ are lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your top performers better and stop trying to satisfy the status quo.

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!