Rockwood Clinic

Not yet rated.

Rockwood Clinic Chief Executive Officer Michael A. Patmas

Michael A. Patmas

Fear and loathing at Rockwood Clinic

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

ProsMany openings.
    Good place to work if nobody else will hire you.

ConsEvery employee is a number. Every patient is a number. It is all about money. What happened to quality patient care? Company has gone downhill under new owners CHS.

Employees are underpaid. New practice is to only to counter-offer a raise once employee starts looking elsewhere.

I see a lot of resumes from discouraged Rockwood employees looking to leave.

Kevin Sweeny was the heart and soul of Rockwood Clinic. It is not surprising that he was one of the many good executives that CHS forced out.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a step back. Stop! Look at what you built over many years in the Spokane community. Rockwood was once highly respected and the employer of choice. Now your employee satisfaction is in the tank. Your patients feel it as well. They feel like numbers and not cared for. What happened?

No Respect for Employees, Little Pay for skill level and required workload.

ProsConvenient locations, many- and frequent- job openings.

ConsHard work, and substandard pay, regardless of experience and/or skill level. Lack of support in times of increased workload. Inaction on part of senior management when additional support is requested- even when repeatedly requested. Misleading information regarding pay raises, with no follow through. Overworked providers,clinical staff, and front office, leading to decrease in quality of patient care and unhappy employees. Employees that do not feel respected, heard, or taken care of, leading to breakdown of a company that has gotten too large and too greedy. Rockwood has lost sight of the very thing they claim to care the most about- their patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to, and respect employees. Take their questions and concerns seriously. Realize that by taking good care of your employees, that you are making the company a much better, stronger entity overall, and for the longterm. Keep up with, or even exceed, the pay rates of your competitors.

Educational

Receptionist (Current Employee)
    Spokane, WA

ProsGreat people who really care about patients needs.

ConsUpper management not caring about employees

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to say

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe Dr.s I worked with

Consthe management is very poor

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate with employees and do your job

At Times There are Bizarre Undercurrents

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Spokane, WA

ProsOrganized, structured, helpful and nice people.

ConsPeople are nice to your face then engage in mean-spirited back-biting in e-mails to each other about you. Overall, I liked working there and appreciated many elements of the company--the orientation, the people that were sincerely nice and helpful, the ability to do my job without being heavily micromanaged. The suggestions I got from my manager were very helpful. There seems to be a very high rate of turnover and turnover at the highest levels of the organization, so perhaps people have gotten tired of the merger with CHS and want to start fresh somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe automated HR system needs to work more smoothly. I wrote a personal thank you letter for an interview and got a canned HR e-mail "thanks but we've selected someone else for the position" a few hours later. It made me less than enthusiastic about the company since the manager said she had more interviews scheduled the following week.

Rockwood Clinic isn't what it used to be

Spokane, WA

ProsLongstanding positive reputation in the community and a brand that continues to grow.
    Dedicated, hard working, and compassionate employees and physicians.
    Rarely ever look at the clock bored because I'm doing the job of three people.
    Lots of opportunity to improve things.

ConsTalented leadership and physicians are slowly migrating to competing hospitals due to haphazard administration and lack of strategic management.
    Quality of workforce is diminishing as the wage rates at Rockwood continue to decline. You get what you pay for.
    Administration may be credentialed to provide healthcare, but certainly are in no place to be running a business.
    IT is frequently an issue, leaving many employees struggling to perform their job efficiently, if at all. This places the patients at risk with no physician access to health care information in a clinical decision making situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementRockwood needs a vision and a champion to rally the troops and make it happen. Replace existing administration with trustworthy professionals who know how to make solid business decisions based on facts, not fear.
    Enable your workforce to do their jobs by removing obstacles and providing the resources necessary to efficiently perform their jobs.
    Sincerely respect and honor the backbone of the company--the employees.
    Provide better service to your patients.

unprofessional

Receptionist (Current Employee)

ProsAlways have job openings and alot.. okay benefits, discounts for shock and chefs games, alot of good doctors and convenient locations in the area.

ConsVery unprofessional, management does not listen to the employess, alot of micro managing.
    They do not respect the good and dependable employees.The pay is low for the work they expect.

Worked for Rockwood Clinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockwood Clinic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockwood Clinic CEO Michael A. Patmas. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Rockwood Clinic employees.