Rockwood Clinic

Updated October 16, 2014
2.7

Rockwood Clinic Chief Executive Officer Michael A. Patmas
Michael A. Patmas

Pros
  • Most of my coworker are great people to be around and commiserate with (in 5 reviews)

• My office in particular is filled with happy, hard working, dependable, funny, caring people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Y are there so many upper management positions that are making their pay for doing nothing (in 6 reviews)

• WE have lost some great managers just let go (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Rockwood Medical Clinic - Fort Worth

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good people, great service for the local community

Cons

Family owned... family disjunction, working holidays and weekends is expected, even for salaried employees

Rockwood Clinic review - low pay, low morale, look elsewhere

Current Employee - Office Support Staff in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Office Support Staff in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are wonderful and very caring about their patients and doing what is best for them even though seriously understaffed.

Cons

Company is in extreme financial difficulty and has been for some years now. Believe this is largely due to lack of market forsight due to Obama plan and future planning. General support staff makes way below market wages but Rockwood is lucky as most stay because they still really care and still have hope. Recent layoffs only add to the understaffing situation. Staff that is still working is left wondering if they are the next to go, and they may very well be part of the next wave to be laid off or let go. So Morale is absolutely horrible at Rockwood and there is no light visible for changing this situation any time soon..

Take a serious paycut to show you are willing to suffer like your staff is. None of the administration is hurting salary wise.

Just another ignorant worker.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Currently, the only Pro I can think of is that I love my co-workers. Morale is at an all-time low at the once loved RWC.

Cons

Since being bought out by CHS, RWC has gone down hill in a hurry. We have people in Tennessee trying to run a company being led by an administration that is playing the phony BS game. We get weekly e-mails for the CHO telling us that our company is always "patient first", but yet they continually cut our staff back, having their workers doing the job of 2 and sometimes 3 people without a raise, making it impossible to put our "patients first". We recently received an e-mail from the CEO informing us that they had to furlough some employees temporarily so that WE can receive our piddly 2.5% raise (it is now October and we were supposed to get it in July). We NEVER get a cost of living increase and a merit increase in the same year. The company simply cannot afford it; however they seem to have no problem buying up smaller clinics that they do not have the doctors to staff. As stated in previous comments (by the administration, no doubt) the grass isn't always greener on the other side and we should be happy to be working for Rockwood. I am happy that I have a job, but it would be so nice to work for a company that actually cares for its employees, and not the mighty dollar. Rockwood is a training ground for people, who eventually move on because pay and benefits are better at places like Inland Imaging and even our sister hospitals, Deaconess and Valley.

Quit treating us like we are ignorant. The weekly e-mails and Kudos are laughed at by your employees. Not until this Glass door came about did you ever recognized that Rockwood employees are severely underpaid. Now that you have openly recognized it, why don't you do something about it? We are sick of hearing about how RWC is not meeting its financial goals and "therefore we cannot give market adjustments at this time", which you truly regret, and all the while the top people are getting paid big money and getting bonuses on top of that. And why has it taken 3 months to give us the promised (30 cent) raise we were to receive in July?? Thank you Glassdoor for allowing me to vent. God forbid I do it at work, I might just be "furloughed"!

Thank god I got out!

Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Spokane, WA

I worked at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved most of the people I worked with! The people are the only reason why I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

The pay is laughable, the management did NOT care about employees. The health care plan was AWFUL. The raises are pathetic. I wonder how much the top management are making? Pay your employees a living wage! I made barely more than minimum wage with a 2 year college degree!

Listen to your employees! If your employees are happy they will stay longer than a year!

Under the chs umbrella

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pros would be that Its a job and I can leave it.

Cons

Cons are that rockwood clinic here in spokane Washington is owned by chs who is run by a seemingly out of touch idiot who hasn't a care in the world about us. I'm sure he's thinking of ways to off-road rockwood now that he's made it almost a complete failure. Decisions made for rockwood clinic in a business sense are so illogical I'm practically speechless!

Management does not have authority enough to make a real difference. CHS ceo, I can only speculate, is burnt out. Whatever he's going to do to be successful....he's probably already done it. We need a leader who has a sense of humanity.

Still waiting for that 5 cent merit raise that was promised 6 months ago......

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great People to Work with. Great hours. Great Providers.

Cons

Cheap, Cheap, Cheap. Greedy, Greedy, Greedy

Please tell the CEO and CHS that they must pay their employees what the competition is paying their employees. We lose wonderful people left and right. We work hard and are tired of getting strung along with "Kudos" (gag me) and emails telling us we will get raises, but NEVER are we told WHEN this is going to happen. SHAME on Rockwood! And the $40.00 copay for medical?? That is terrible.

Commutations, Athena the worst system ever

Current Employee - Anonymous in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Providers, co-workers and mid Managers. I love RWC and I will stay here as long as I can and do the best job I can. I want to take pride in saying I work for RWC.

Cons

Pay is not competitive, what is commutations? Employees are always told to communicate but Management hardly communicates. We have Department managers disappearing all the time and never know who to contact. WE have lost some great managers just let go. I have been with RWC for many years and it had been a wonderful place to work. Over the last 3 years with CHS take over we have lost wonderful Providers, good managers, lots of staff and many patients who are not happy with RWC anymore, long waits for appointment, staying on hold for ever and billing all messed up by Athena, also being send to collection for $5.00. We were told CHS would be silent and RWC would run as usual, that lasted one now CHS rules and seem to not care about RWC employees. CHS has better pay and benefits for their employees if CHS can dictate to RWC on how to run our Clinic then why can we have their pay and benefits they have.

No more Kudo's please. Athena is the worst system ever it doesn't take twice as long to do our jobs it takes four times as long, it is a non productive system. Dr Patmas please visit every part of RWC. Upper Managers do not set a good example to the employees. They bully and talk about people behind there backs and do not tell the truth and do not have respect for the I hate to say it lower employees. I used to say I would recommend RWC to family and friends I can't anymore.

This could be an amazing company to work for, hopefully it will continue to get better from here?!

Current Employee - Receptionist
    Current Employee - Receptionist

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Manager at my location is a very understanding woman. You get to be part of a family with this company. (Depending on the location I am sure) Our benefits with the company are ok, could obviously be better considering we work for a huge medical facility!

Cons

Do not get a high enough wage for everything that you are required to do. Some employees are confrontational if you do not work in the manner they want, and there is no resolution due to them being with the company for so long. The years spent at this company are obviously a testoment to how you are treated and what you can get away with.

Us "little people" matter! without us your company would not run! We should be appreciated and shown that we are cared about in this company. We at least deserve the compensation for what is placed in our lap every single day. I think that our CEO is doing a great job at communicating with us and keeping us in the loop with the company we are working for and I think the longer he is here, the better it will get.

love the job but hate the pay

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic part-time (more than an year)

Pros

great co-workers and new ceo is trying to bring everyone together as a team-can really see that he is making an effort

Cons

separate divisions are made to hold costs down so much that it makes the employees feel overworked and underpaid need to add more staff and not put so much extra work on existing employees to keep costs down

staff appropriately and make your office managers do their job in getting their phones answered by people calling in and returning calls is a very large problem

Happy with my job. Grass isn't always greener

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities for those willing to try. Plenty of flexibility. LOVE the people I work with.

Cons

Like everyone else, wages are a concern. Wish there was less negativity to filter through.

Keep doing what your doing. Things have been rocky, but they are getting better.

Rockwood Clinic Photos