Rockwood Clinic

Updated January 23, 2015
2.6

Rockwood Clinic Chief Executive Officer Michael A. Patmas
Michael A. Patmas

Pros
  • Most of my coworker are great people to be around and commiserate with (in 4 reviews)

• My office in particular is filled with happy, hard working, dependable, funny, caring people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Y are there so many upper management positions that are making their pay for doing nothing (in 5 reviews)

• Layoffs immediately followed a company wide e-mail from the CEO stating there would be NO layoffs (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

We are getting there!

Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I work with several different teams and everyone is great to work with. I feel like Dr. Patmas really does hear us and is TRYING to make things better for everyone. It's not over night people. It takes some time and hard work. He's trying to clean up a mess that wasn't his. I think he's moving in the right direction.

Cons

There are so many negative people on this site. Everyone has something horrible to say. Try to find the positive or go somewhere else. When you surround yourself with darkness that's all you can see.

Please keep listening to us and working to make this the amazing company it can, and should be. Some of us haven't lost hope. And some of us are in the trenches fighting with you. Please remember that people have a limit though and in the past few years that limit has been tested. Do right by us, and we will do right by you!

Disappointed

Current Employee - Tech in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Tech in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent schedule and PTO/ sick leave benefits

Cons

Low pay, poor management, no opportunities for advancement, dissatisfied patients and employees.

Upper management doesn't care!!!!

Current Employee - Receptionist in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great hardworking people who really care about the job that they are doing.

Cons

The pay is horrible for how hard people work. There's no room for advancement for other positions. People who aren't in charge like to act like they are.

Maybe try showing a little more appreciation to the people who make the clinics run smoothly rather than talking about us behind our backs. Rockwood has the potential to be a great place to work but there's so much that has to change in order for that to happen.

Poor wages and lack of consistency

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic

Pros

great coworkers manager and doctors

Cons

Worked her for over 7 years and volunteered to take a day with no pay during the slow time of year and was told I cant because RWC is so low staffed. Im sorry but this is ridiculous. Maybe if the pay was better there wouldnt be a lack of employees

Be consistent, reinstate the float pool and pay more

Eh..good people get let go

I worked at Rockwood Clinic full-time

Pros

If great managers and workers weren't pushed away it would be a good company despite the low pay. But until then..no pros.

Cons

Lowest pay in town as far as I know; employees feel like just a number, easy to replace and nobody is interested about how you feel.

Nothing, because it will not be heard. Obviously CEOs know what they are doing, it's just not working.

Hiring Freezes/ Refusing to Fill Vacated Positions

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice, hardworking co-workers. Good hearted clinic managers.

Cons

Low pay, pathetic "raises", understaffed, overworked. Feels reminiscent of a sweat shop..... This company has so many, many problems right now.... I am seeking employment elsewhere myself. I can't take the stress and insults anymore.

Start over or throw in the towel.

Rockwood Clinic review - low pay, low morale, look elsewhere

Current Employee - Office Support Staff in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Office Support Staff in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are wonderful and very caring about their patients and doing what is best for them even though seriously understaffed.

Cons

Company is in extreme financial difficulty and has been for some years now. Believe this is largely due to lack of market forsight due to Obama plan and future planning. General support staff makes way below market wages but Rockwood is lucky as most stay because they still really care and still have hope. Recent layoffs only add to the understaffing situation. Staff that is still working is left wondering if they are the next to go, and they may very well be part of the next wave to be laid off or let go. So Morale is absolutely horrible at Rockwood and there is no light visible for changing this situation any time soon..

Take a serious paycut to show you are willing to suffer like your staff is. None of the administration is hurting salary wise.

Rockwood Medical Clinic - Fort Worth

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good people, great service for the local community

Cons

Family owned... family disjunction, working holidays and weekends is expected, even for salaried employees

Just when you think it couldn't get worse

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time

Pros

Good, caring staff who deserve to be treated much better

Cons

There is a fairly new CEO who hasn't bothered to learn much about the company which is clearly evident in his e-mails. They frequently contain glaring errors.. He's a sports enthusiast who feels the company should have an adversarial team mentality. There is also a new COO lacking people skills who has made unbelievably poor decisions. Some staff were required to go to four-day work weeks two years in a row. Now they have laid off key people leaving big gaps throughout the company. Layoffs immediately followed a company wide e-mail from the CEO stating there would be NO layoffs. Patient care no longer seems to be a priority. Meetings are filled with discussions of costs, budgets, and spreadsheets. Providers are told they have to step up production and add more patients to their schedules, plus surgical cases need to be increased. This is a company that has lost its way, its integrity, and apparently its conscience. Stay away from this company. A high percentage of staff are looking for other employment.

Remove the existing executive team (at least the COO and CEO) and restructure the company. Try to get back to basics and good patient care. Invest in the company and its employees. The focus should not be on profits at any price.

I'm getting a black eye!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are great. They work too hard to be treated this way. Period.

Cons

I am getting a black eye from all the slaps to the face we have been receiving. First we were told in June that we had to rush to get our employee evaluations done. When we got it done in a timely manner, we then had to wait to see what our raises would be, if any (this is SUPPOSED to happen every July). In September, we were FINALLY told we would receive a "merit" increase based on our reviews, but at this time no cost-of-living increase could not be given (this even though we are pathetically below market rates). Finally, last week (mid-October) we got an e-mail saying our merit increase would be given on our next check, retroactive back to September 21. No explanation, just matter-of-fact in your face. What happened to retroactive back to our July date???!!!!!! Rockwood you stole from your employees their hard-earned money. When we got our checks last Friday, suprise, suprise! We didn't even get a "merit" increase, but a straight across the board 2% raise. Merit increases are supposed to be based on our work ethic and ability to do our jobs. Leads work hard on these evaluations and employees work hard to get these evaluations. Why even bother doing them at all if our "merit" increase is going to be the same as the slackers and lazy co-workers??

Really??!!! Do you care that little about us? Thank God I will be leaving soon to be working at Providence.

Rockwood Clinic Photos