Rocky Brands

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rocky Brands President, CEO, and Director David Sharp

David Sharp

Great company to work for with opportunity for professional development and growth

ProsRocky is active in the community. They promote continued education for employees to help with job advancement. The culture is very family oriented.

ConsCommunication between different departments is sometimes lacking.

Great Brands loved the job as District Manager

District Sales Manager (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsGreat Brands, great work life balance comparable pay. Really like the owner. I would work for them again

ConsNot enough leverage marketing against competition. Lehigh name is too old. The power behind Lehigh is the name Rocky. Lehigh is iconic but the new generation does not know them. Need accounts at major stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut Lehigh under the Rocky name and sell safety clothes and equipment along with military and hunting. It will open more doors rather than keeping Lehigh it's own entity. This rating is 2005 to 2008 but I don't see much of a change in marketing except for the upgrade to internet ordering which is very good.

Rocky Brands

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work/life balance, customer interaction while selling your products and being able to work on your own

ConsBusiness model changed for customers; this might come back to bite them

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy change model of business if it has worked ever since it was implemented

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great to work for Rocky

ProsThis is a great company to work for and they do a lot of promotion from within. They are flexible and encourage life outside of the company.

ConsSometimes it is difficult to get a foot in the door, but once you are in, it is a great place to work.

Shoe Center Manager (Former Employee) Nelsonville, OH

ProsLearned a lot on how to run a terriorties operations.

Cons90+ hours a week...exhausting. Expected to do way more than humanly possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore support

Think twice before joing this organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Nelsonville, OH

ProsThe only good reason to work for Rocky Brands is their product line. Besides that there is nothing good to say about "Rocky Brands".

ConsNo internal support, lack of inventory when needed, inflexible and autocratic management style. Management does not respect their employees unless you are a brown nose, there is no communication within the organization, low employee morale inside as well as their sales force. This is a terrible company to work for. Don't waste your time until they change ALL upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to get there head of the sand and start to listen to the expertise and knowledge of the senior employees within the company. Instead they choose to listen to managers/vps who 1) let their egos run the company 2) promote individuals who do not understand the business model and 3) are vindictive to those who do not agree with their philosophies

Worked for Rocky Brands? Contribute to the Community!