Rodan + Fields Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
CEO

Pros
  • Work from home, advance at your pace (in 4 reviews)

• The products are amazing, whats not to love (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It may take time to build your business depending on your personal activity, but by consistently working your business results will come your way (in 3 reviews)

• This is a direct sales company, and a direct derivative of Rodan (in 3 reviews)

Changing Skin. Changing Lives.

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rodan + Fields full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tremendous growth and involved leadership teams. Execs and C-levels make themselves available and DO want to hear from all levels of the company. Flexible work schedules that allow me to work from home and in the office to allow perfect work/life balance. Both offices are within walking distance to restaurants, shops, etc.

Cons

Company is growing faster than it can manage, at times. We are not hiring at the same level we're adding revenue and consultants, so internal operations are hitting roadblocks because of resource challenges. Internal processes need maturing.

Advice to Management

Listen to your managers regarding resource needs. We can't manage the growth of the company with the same number of employees we had when we were less profitable.

2. Great Potential but has growing pains

Current Employee - Business Intel Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Intel Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rodan + Fields full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast growing successful company. Great products and fun people to work with

Cons

Depending on Department, not managed well. Always been push to deadlines

Advice to Management

Concentrates on dates rather then delivering fully functional projects

3. Independent Consultant

Current Employee - Independent Consultant
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant

I have been working at Rodan + Fields part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, relaxed, excel at your own pace, discounted products

Cons

Must be a self-starter to see any real income.

5. The Real Deal.

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

I first joined this venture because it promised to be different than other multilevel marketing opportunities and allowed me to work flexibly. The main difference is there is no stocking or shipping of product and it is internet based company. The skincare products are excellent, there is good positive energy in the company, and potential for real growth in the market.

Cons

What I found is that is there is alot of "spin" around owning your own business. This is just like most multilevel marketing companies. I have found I have very little control over many parts of the process which is not like owning my own business. There have been inventory problems, shipping delays, systems issues and long waits on the customer service telephone line, all of which I have no control. I manage many of my customer accounts because if they had to call and wait for 25 minutes on the phone for service they would surely cancel their account. Though it is internet based several transactions cannot be done on-line and do require phone call. After expenses and time invested I have made very little money, despite a large customer base. Sure you make a commission on product but after taking out expenses (consultants are encouraged to buy product to both use and distribute as samples) and taxes I make very little. To make money you really need to regularly recruit people to sign on as consultants under you. I have trouble recruiting (selling) this as a wonderful business opportunity given all the current frustrations caused by a company growing faster than it can handle.

Advice to Management

Invest in your systems and product inventory. Customer Service should not require a customer to wait on hold for 20 or 25 minutes. Many functions could be done on-line if the website were enhanced. Understand consultants are the face of the company and many of us end up looking poorly when there are inventory problems, shipping delays and poor service. The products are excellent but not so good that people will put up with these type of issues. There are other good skincare products on the market.

6. Consultant

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

Excellent products. Great support from upline.

Cons

You do have to "hustle" to many any $$ but that's how any network marketing works, so I guess you can't call that a "con" just the nature of this business

7. Contact me for the best non-job job you could ever Imagine! https ://Shamel.myrandf.com

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Rodan + Fields part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Modify your business mild it into your own create the life you have always imagined!

Cons

If you don't like being on the phone once in awhile or being somewhat social this job opportunity is not for you!

Consultant

I have been working at Rodan + Fields part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there is HUGE opportunity for making a lot of money.

Cons

the products are overpriced for the average consumer the shipping and handling charges are an insult to the consumer, it's a rip off that they are surely making money off. everyone does free shipping online ! Consultants get a very little break on $ and have to pay for shipping and handling and purchase product every month $100 . the website is very difficult to navigate for newbies and customers exploring or trying to order. the company is a BIG unorganized mess when a new product id launched..website crashes. constantly run out of product. They need to get a GRIP !

Advice to Management

read the comments and learn from your consultants and customers...

Words and don't match action

I have been working at Rodan + Fields full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free monthly products Cool office and great location Smart people Pay is okay

Cons

Management can be harsh to employees Lots of politics because of customers having such close access to Sr. Management Has a rough time delivering software in a timely manner and with quality Engineering talent is 95% outsourced to India

Advice to Management

Hire engineers that actually work for R+F and reduce our dependance on outsourced talent Prioritize your projects (technical and non-technical). Too much is happening at one time and will end up with nothing getting done unless management makes choices on what is important.

10. Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rodan + Fields full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small working environment, a lot of opportunities of advancement in San Francisco since it's a growing company. Decent salaries, with a lot of great benefits and perks.

Cons

The company is going through it's growing pains. A lot of system issues and it needs to behave like a big company if that is where is the direction of the company is.

Advice to Management

More transparency and opportunity to have the employees express their thoughts.

Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Atmore, AL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atmore, AL

I have been working at Rodan + Fields (Less than a year)

Pros

Self-employed, able to set hours, flexible, interact with people, work as often or little as you want, sales experience, excellent products.

Cons

Inconsistent pay and commission, required to purchase a minimum amount of products even when they are not needed, product is too expensive making it difficult to sell.

Advice to Management

Should not require consultants to purchase a minimum amount monthly.

RSS Feed </> Embed