Rodda Paint

Be The First To
Add Photos

Al Mordy

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rodda Paint full-time for more than 8 years

ProsUpward mobility potential. Upper management will listen to individual employees, and is continually looking at ways to improve the company. Good pay and great benefits. Company makes you feel like family. Constantly improving to be an even better company.

ConsCommunication between corporate and stores is not 100% efficient. Technologically lacking in the stores. For an 80+ year old company the name isn't saturated enough into the market so sales associates have to work harder to inform customers about our superior products.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on the current path.

It was OKAY for a first job, low pay, and always felt like a hassle to take days off or to be sick

Customer Support (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at Rodda Paint full-time for more than 3 years

Proseasy work, typically nice people and work environment, lots of vacation time

Conslow pay, no sick days

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employee's and treat people better

Made a lot of friends - Overall good experience.

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at Rodda Paint full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVery close knit, family-oriented atmosphere. Very good people to work with/for. The President and management genuinely care about the employees.

ConsPresident of the company tends to focus too much on selling, where he should be focused on running the company as a whole and leave the selling to those people he is paying to sell. Employees who are "weak-links" never get cut and others have to make up for their weaknesses.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and cut employees who aren't pulling their weight and reward those who are. Don't be afraid to treat people differently. Most importantly: Make a decision!

very good

Outside Sales (Former Employee)
Tacoma, WA

I worked at Rodda Paint

ProsGood benifits,freedom to make decisions,decent pay,good people,a very healthy company in the market place, good products

ConsLong hours,managment does not listen to employees ideas,hard to reach goals , hard to do simple tasks such as mixing a gallon of paint

Advice to Senior ManagementMake things easy to do such as mixing a gallon of paint,invoicing,ordering etc. This will allow more time for employees to spend wit the customer

Worked for Rodda Paint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rodda Paint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rodda Paint CEO Al Mordy. All reviews posted anonymously by Rodda Paint employees.