Roebbelen Contracting

Roebbelen Contracting Reviews

4.3

Roebbelen Contracting President & CEO Ken Wenham
Ken Wenham

Roebbelen is a positive influence in the industry and the community and is a pleasure to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Dorado Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Pros

The people. Whether you are in the office or in the field our people make the difference. When it comes to ethics, there is not a better company to work for. The top management team is approachable and has an open door policy - something not found in companies with 300+ employees.

Cons

Because we have so many projects in so many places it is difficult to meet everyone and interact with them. At our company picnic it is great to meet those who rarely make it up to our corporate office.

Listen to everyone, no matter what level. Encourage change! Keep your promises! Include everyone.

The future is bright!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Dorado Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Pros

The last 2 years have been difficult due to the poor economy however weathering the storm hasn't. There have been some layoffs but who hasn't had to do that? The attitude of the employees all along has been to work hard and fill in where needed. We treat each other as we would our own family. I have almost 9 years with Roebbelen and love it here!

Cons

For my type of work, there's not a lot of room for advancement without a college degree.

Keep looking towards the future.

Going downhill

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  El Dorado Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in El Dorado Hills, CA

Pros

smaller company than the larger competitors. Excellent benefits. Family atmosphere.

Cons

Over bearing management, vague company direction, promises to employees not kept.

Pick a clear path and stick to it. Be realistic about your goals and economic forecasts. Stop laying off one or two people per week, pick a group and move on.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Work/ Life Balance, Management is Pretty Meh

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  El Dorado Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in El Dorado Hills, CA

Pros

Pay, benefits, variety of work, work with good people.

Cons

Senior management makes poor decisions, no vision, poor communication to employees.

Be honest with employees, actually give feedback to employees.

I am proud to be a member of the Roebbelen family.

Pros

Family atmosphere set in a great location.
    This company will continue to grow and will provide opportunities for all who want a challenge.
    Strong field crews capable of delivering quality work.

Cons

Roebbelen is capable of delivering any project they take on. Sometimes other companies are choosen for their name and not capabilities. Though most of our work is in the Bay Area, we are not always recognized as a Bay Area contractor.

Keep looking for creative ways to increase market shares. Trust and empower the great employees you have to take it to the next level!

Worked for Roebbelen Contracting? Contribute to the Community!