Roehl Transport Reviews

Reset
3.6
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl

Pros
  • Good Miles, Good managers, Good Terminals, Good home time, always got taken care of, do not run into NYC, Good Maintenance program (in 3 reviews)

• They will work with drivers who request additional training; such as backing and tight quarters maneuvering (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • I haven't been home on time in 3 (in 2 reviews)

• The driver receives a list of cryptic instructions through the truck PC (in 12 reviews)

7 days on 7 days off (flatbed)

Current Employee - OTR Flatbed Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - OTR Flatbed Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Roehl Transport part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-2500-3000 mile weeks. -Great Driver Manager (Darrel) -Well maintained trucks -APU'S -Phoenix AZ Terminal is like a little family -Start 36 CPM with flatbed 39 CPM at 6 months -Get you home when the say they will.

Cons

Weekend and Night shift operations SUCK. Almost impossible to get a person on the phone during the weeked. Slow trucks, Governed at 63 MPH

Advice to Management

Answer the phone on weekends.

Loving TeamRoehl

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Roehl is paying me to get my CDL. They are one of the few companies I have found with a program like this. The instructors are top notch and are committed to making sure the students are successful, not only on the CDL exam, but in their careers as well.

Cons

Being away from home so much is tough, but manageable, and I knew it would be the hardest part before I ever started. So it's not really a con, but I had to have at least 20 words, so there it is.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep listening to your drivers and continue to give them a reason to stay with Roehl. There are great drivers on this team and alot of other companies that would likely jump to hire them, but they know that Roehl has their back no matter what. Keep the open door policy as far as drivers opinions being heard. Many positive changes have been developed in this way and it has made this company a better place to work because of it.

Roehl Transport Response

Sep 4, 2015 – Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for being a part of TeamRoehl and for the great review!

3. Company OTR

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Aston, PA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Aston, PA

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and increase plan, new and well maintained equipment, decent miles, good hometime plan

Cons

As with most trucking jobs, the dispatchers. Most did not have an understanding of how trucking works.

Advice to Management

Hire more experienced dispatchers, maybe ones with history as drivers

good company

Former Employee - Over the Road Driver in Albany, GA
    Former Employee - Over the Road Driver in Albany, GA

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

care about employees, steady work, put you up in nice rooms, Rick Roehl care about his people and FM Mike Kocher is awesome

Cons

low pay scale starting out

Good Company

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, decent equipment and maintenance, good training.

Cons

Expensive benefits, weekend and night support staff.

Advice to Management

A few more people answering the phones nights and weekends would be a nice thing.

Good company to start your career

Former Employee - Cdl A Driver in Gary, IN
    Former Employee - Cdl A Driver in Gary, IN

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great trucks, great fleet manager, good home time, treated me great while on dispatch. Very patient with me as this was my first company after CDL school. Very good medical, dental, vision, etc. I paid 35 dollars a week for medical alone which was great and deductables were I believe around $1500

Cons

I quit while on medical leave. Got harassed by a not so nice female about paperwork. I did all they asked of me but she was different than the others I had been dealiing with. She threatened me with my job if I didn't get this one page filled out by my Dr that refused to sign an exact back to work date. I am not sure when I'll be able to return to drive. I am receiving no pay right now from anyone. I want to also mention that their pay isn't up to snuff and no fuel bonuses. Both of the above were the reasons I quit. I busted my hump and didn't complain while there and the woman treated me like crap on leave.

Advice to Management

Don' t tick of your good, reliable drivers. They just might get fed up and leave.

MY unbiased opinion of Roehl Transport

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An overall friendly environment, mostly knowledgable staff, forgiving. Pretty good about getting their equipment to maintenance. Great place for beginner drivers to learn the ropes. Tend to take better care of drivers than most other companies.

Cons

Directions to shippers/consignees can be hit or miss, the occasional miscommunication. Can be overly uptight to a degree. Weekly mileage can sometimes be a hit or a miss. Can be a nuisance at times when you're trying to enjoy home time and a your FM calls you about something that's not important.

Advice to Management

It would be nice that magangement would give drivers, that gets the job done a break and just let them work. Competitive wages. Fleet managers should avoid calling drivers on their home time at all cost. Better communication overall.

Absolute worst experience of my life

Current Employee - Fleet Diver in Marshfield, WI
    Current Employee - Fleet Diver in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Availability of routes and nice terminals for the most part, and that's all I really have to say

Cons

They make you sign an agreement to drive for them for 75 thousand miles, doesn't matter if you've just graduated cdl school, they still make you pay for the "training" you received, which is basically them giving you a road test and teaching you how to do their paperwork. Their fuel and route plans are setup by a computer that has no idea how to plan a route and then they get on your case for taking a route that is shorter than the one they picked out, which would save them money, and they only pay you for dispatched miles, not the actual miles you drive to get to a place, so i've counted that they owe me for a few thousand miles already, my truck had a camera in it from the driver before me and they have done nothing but use any event against me and essentially try to prove that I can't drive, yet I've been hauling cars for over 10 years. I have been personally insulted and threatened. Because of that financial agreement, if I were to leave now, I would owe them over $5400 , because they make you pay back your sign on bonus and any tuition reimbursement you have already received. They constantly jip you on miles and depending on the fleet, good luck getting home on time. I will give them some credit here because they do try, or at least it appears that they're trying but it's no guarantee. The planners are incompetent and do not even bother looking at how many hours you have left to drive, or how long it would take you to reach the destination they're trying to plan you for. Please head my warning and stay away from this company, the amount of money they're paying you to haul freight is disgraceful. They are essentially getting their freight hauled for free. Avoid this place like the plague!!!

Advice to Management

Employee competent fleet managers that actually know how to not only treat people with respect, but also can plan a route effectively

driver

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time

Pros

good starting company new trucks all the tools you need to trip plan good support system for new drivers

Cons

low pay trucks governed at 62 tough to get detention pay sometimes will make you work for it but you will get it

Advice to Management

pay better

Van National Driver

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy interview, they provide pretty good over the road training. I was at Marshfield and the in-class training was a waste of time. Nice and respectful staff.

Cons

If you are a new driver and you don't driver 75000 for them, they will take your last check and you'll still own them money. So don't quit and try not to get fired before driving 75000 miles for them (9 months of driving)

Advice to Management

I hate how this company requires drivers to sign a 75000 miles contract even if they have a CDL. getting fired is someting different than quitting

RSS Feed </> Embed