Roehl Transport Reviews

Reset
3.6
Roehl Transport President and COO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl

Pros
  • Good Miles, Good managers, Good Terminals, Good home time, always got taken care of, do not run into NYC, Good Maintenance program (in 3 reviews)

• They will work with drivers who request additional training; such as backing and tight quarters maneuvering (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • I haven't been home on time in 3 (in 2 reviews)

• The driver receives a list of cryptic instructions through the truck PC (in 12 reviews)

Good company to start your career

Former Employee - Cdl A Driver in Gary, IN
    Former Employee - Cdl A Driver in Gary, IN

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great trucks, great fleet manager, good home time, treated me great while on dispatch. Very patient with me as this was my first company after CDL school. Very good medical, dental, vision, etc. I paid 35 dollars a week for medical alone which was great and deductables were I believe around $1500

Cons

I quit while on medical leave. Got harassed by a not so nice female about paperwork. I did all they asked of me but she was different than the others I had been dealiing with. She threatened me with my job if I didn't get this one page filled out by my Dr that refused to sign an exact back to work date. I am not sure when I'll be able to return to drive. I am receiving no pay right now from anyone. I want to also mention that their pay isn't up to snuff and no fuel bonuses. Both of the above were the reasons I quit. I busted my hump and didn't complain while there and the woman treated me like crap on leave.

Advice to Management

Don' t tick of your good, reliable drivers. They just might get fed up and leave.

2. MY unbiased opinion of Roehl Transport

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An overall friendly environment, mostly knowledgable staff, forgiving. Pretty good about getting their equipment to maintenance. Great place for beginner drivers to learn the ropes. Tend to take better care of drivers than most other companies.

Cons

Directions to shippers/consignees can be hit or miss, the occasional miscommunication. Can be overly uptight to a degree. Weekly mileage can sometimes be a hit or a miss. Can be a nuisance at times when you're trying to enjoy home time and a your FM calls you about something that's not important.

Advice to Management

It would be nice that magangement would give drivers, that gets the job done a break and just let them work. Competitive wages. Fleet managers should avoid calling drivers on their home time at all cost. Better communication overall.

3. driver

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time

Pros

good starting company new trucks all the tools you need to trip plan good support system for new drivers

Cons

low pay trucks governed at 62 tough to get detention pay sometimes will make you work for it but you will get it

Advice to Management

pay better

Van National Driver

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy interview, they provide pretty good over the road training. I was at Marshfield and the in-class training was a waste of time. Nice and respectful staff.

Cons

If you are a new driver and you don't driver 75000 for them, they will take your last check and you'll still own them money. So don't quit and try not to get fired before driving 75000 miles for them (9 months of driving)

Advice to Management

I hate how this company requires drivers to sign a 75000 miles contract even if they have a CDL. getting fired is someting different than quitting

Owner Operator

Current Employee - Owner Operator in Marshfield, WI
    Current Employee - Owner Operator in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport

Pros

Trucking is a tough business. Understand that ALL trucking companies deal with the troubles that come inherently with trucking. As a Driver they worked with me 95 percent of the time. The other 5 percent I worked with THEM . Its give and take. Percentages are based on actual loads, not some random numbers. Equipment is A+. FM's keep you loaded. average 2800 miles a week. New truck drivers will love this company cause they know you gonna mess it up . The first six month program is designed so that WHEN you mess up its not detrimental to your paycheck . Scorecards doesnt count till after the first 6 months. Great facilities. Communication excellent . Excellent mobile app for turning in paperwork. ELOGS. Streamlined maintenance.

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary that stands out. Notes to shippers and cons that get your there more efficiently need to be updated better.

Advice to Management

Continue to strengthen your drivers paychecks.

Roehl Transport Response

Jun 5, 2015 – Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for this great review and for being a valuable partner!

Great

I worked at Roehl Transport

Pros

Schedule was great easy to work around.

Cons

The insurance is higher than I thought

Advice to Management

N/A

General Info

Current Employee - Flatbed OTR in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Flatbed OTR in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

.425 cpm for flatbed OTR. 1st month I averaged 2500-3000+ miles per week. My 2nd month Im averaging 2000 -2400 per week. I chose to stay out 36 days OTR off 7 days. Your choice, some guys do 14 on, 3-4 days off. It's really up to you. Equipment is ok from a company driver perspective. Freight liner Cascadia's and Intrrnational Pro Stars.

Cons

Anal when it comes to staying on route. I'm not accustomed to staying on their route so I find it very annoying, payscale fluctuate based on your performance per quarter (90 days). Could loose or gain a cent or two for 90 days then you get back to your normal cpm. Roehl seem to care about theri drivers. Mind you, My analysis is based on two months of employment in the flatbed division.

Advice to Management

Two many policies. You have rules for rules. When a driver runs hard for the company which generate company revenue, he wants to be left alone. At least I do. As long as I pickup and deliver on schedule & free of accidents I don't want to here from you period. Don't even call to say hello. By: Hassan Muhammad

Solid Company

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family oriented, fair pay, great training. Overall dispatchers were available and competent.

Cons

There are some bad apples in dispatch. Attitudes can be a problem. If you live in the west, difficult to get home. Will work mainly I-65 from north to south.

Great Cdl school

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National in Iron Mountain, MI
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National in Iron Mountain, MI

I have been working at Roehl Transport (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to start out. Thorough schooling and only two weeks over the road with a trainer after schooling. Decent homete School cost only 3000 Is free if you drive 120.000 miles

Cons

No local in my area Pay is not keeping up with other companies. 35 cpm after 1 year Mechanics are rude

Advice to Management

Upgrade the Midwest pay and I will stay long term m-f schedule se people can have a life in iron mountain

Driver Orientation Instructor

Current Employee - Driver Orientation Instructor in Marshfield, WI
    Current Employee - Driver Orientation Instructor in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All employees have the same values. Cooperation and concern for for all parts of the team. Many opportunities within the company.

Cons

I really can not think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

RSS Feed </> Embed