Roehl Transport Reviews

Updated March 13, 2015
53 reviews filtered by
3.5
Rick Roehl

Pros
  • Excellent home time, good miles, I get between 2200 and 3500 average (in 3 reviews)

• I listened everyday to the Fleet Managers, work with their Drivers (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • I haven't been home on time in 3 (in 2 reviews)

• The driver receives a list of cryptic instructions through the truck PC (in 12 reviews)

Enjoyable company to work for. Family orientated, family owned, School is excellent!.

Current Employee - Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Current Employee - Driver in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport

Pros

If a novice or inexperienced driver the school is a great way to learn how to drive.

Cons

None to speak of really. Maybe a better stereo?

Keep up the good work...it may not seem appreciated but it is.

Mar 17, 2015Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for the review. The stereos in our trucks are bluetooth-enabled and also have XM/Sirius Satellite Radio functionality.

Top Notch Company

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Roehl Transport cares about the success of its employees. They consistently live their values of safety and driver success. Their training has enabled me to make a comfortable living and spend good, quality time with my family. My fleet manager treats me with respect and expediently handles any problems that arise. My experiences here have been nothing but positive.

Cons

There have been no cons thus far.

Mar 17, 2015Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for the feedback. If you do experience any issues, please be sure to share them either directly with your Fleet Manager or via the My Roehl smartphone app.

Best Company

Current Intern - Workforce Development
    Current Intern - Workforce Development

I have been working at Roehl Transport as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

Roehl has a great value system and they live their values. I started as a Company Driver, then became a Driver Trainer and got of the road to be an Orientation Instructor. During my time here I have always been treated respectfully, my concerns have always been heard and resolved. Training is very GOOD and it is recurrent; if you are not comfortable with your skills you can request to get more training and they will give it to you.
     Best starting pay in the industry for entry level drivers, best home time, well maintained equipment (usually not older than 4 yrs.), they are always looking for feedback an trying to improve.
     Definitely worth checking them out.

Cons

I really don't see anything wrong with this corporation, however, there is a few rotten apples that they need to remove from the company and I am confident they will.
     Tarp pay for driver is low, not worth the risk of a fall or injury.
     Safety department always treats you like a criminal if you make mistakes.(not fair)

Keep living your values, never become a corporation detached from your employees; they make you what you are.

Mar 17, 2015Marketing & Communications Manager

This is a very nice review. Thank you for the feedback. The issue of paying for tarping was brought up in our February TeamRoehl Live event as well. Putting our values on the wall and then living ... More

Company was great for a starter to long term

Former Employee - OTR Flatbed Driver in Gary, IN
    Former Employee - OTR Flatbed Driver in Gary, IN

I worked at Roehl Transport

Pros

Safety was their main concern,, kept me busy which makes money.. very organized,,, Training was very complete

Cons

Were not flexible as stated from moving from flatbed to Van divisions.
    Were quick to judge you for a ticket of accident that may not have been your fault.

Should be a little nicer when you speak of concerns or problems your having with different department within the organization... there attitude is its always the drivers fault.
    Paricualary the Safety and Compliance Dept. run by a female SS officer.

Mar 17, 2015Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for the feedback. Our reputation as one of the safest carriers in the nation is earned by our drivers and other teammates behaving safely, with tight policies and procedures in place (plus ... More

great starter company

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National in Ellenwood, GA
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National in Ellenwood, GA

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When starting from school this is a great place to get you on your way . The school they provide is one of the best. I found my own near home but the offered tuition reimbursement and their OTR training is not a lengthy one . I was out about 10 or 11 days then I was sent home or 3 days so home time was not bad for a newbie . Health benefits were the best i have seen and the cheapest premiums... Fleet mgr and all other office staff was polite and easy to talk to most of the time . The only reason I stayed for the year that I did was because of the other drivers ... The drivers became a family after from home .

Cons

Over micro-manage the drivers and Scrutinized everything the driver does (new and seasoned). Fleet managers lie and tell the drivers anything to get them off the phone . My biggest reason for leaving after a year with Roehl was when I was empty and sat with no plan for over 5 hrs ( witch happened a lot ) or more like 8+ hrs. Weekends and nights were the worst to get a hold of someone or anyone . I waited on hold several times after 5 pm for 30 + mins. before I just hung up and did what I felt best , then dealt with management in the a.m. You are sitting and wasting your clock most of the time . I was out 14 days and home 2 my choice and after they taxed the crap outta my check I never saw more then half of my earnings . I was national and stayed in the north east and I live in the mid south so I would dead head over 100 miles almost every home time . A common complaint from drivers I feel was lack of communication and respect from the office staff.

The planners and customer service need to be revamped . The maintenance department in almost every terminal needs to be fired and qualified techs . ( MINUS Marshfield ) Preventable cost should not include MUD FLAPS or damaged equipment while parked at the safe place , if the damaged was caused by a different driver . Communication between the planners and the drivers with directions needs improvement.

Best place I found to work.

Current Employee - Instructor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

what I like the most is that you are treated as a person and not just a number .Roehl has the best home time I have seen in the industry and everyone wants to see the driver succeed ,also there training program is second to none as far as I'm concerned. The opportunities are unless at Roehl , If you are hired as a driver and want to move up in the company. Roehl will give you the opportunity to do so.

Cons

It is what it is .this is trucking.

8. Where did they pay go?

I worked at Roehl Transport

Pros

safety is always, always first.

Cons

fleet manager tried to dictate breaks, take control of truck, and would try to have push with low low low or no hours.

drivers drive the trucks

Great Company

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is lots of room for personal and career growth. Roehl has great company values and is very involved in the local community.

Cons

Vacation time is light for the most tenured employees.

Continue to improve policy and process. People have lots of great ideas and I love to see that Roehl is soliciting feedback continuously.

Micromanage to dead

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National in Charleston, SC

I worked at Roehl Transport

Pros

Their equipment are in good condition. Not having someone over your shoulders while doing your job. The opportunity to travel.

Cons

They try to micromanage everything instead of letting professional drivers do our job. If they are wrong they never take responsibility but always places blame on driver. They have no respect for the people who are the life blood of their business.

Please fix the above issues.

Information Technology Group

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time

Pros

Great team to work with
    Management cares about employees and the future growth of team
    Learning opportunities encouraged

Cons

Small team, frequent on call support

Be more transparent as to company goals