Rogan's Shoes

Rogan's Shoes Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pat Rogan

Not very difficult job, but overall Rogan's is a very strong employee-value-based environment.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Sheboygan, WI

ProsLaid-back atmosphere (apart from busy times)
    Great people to work with (particularly the managers)
    Very understanding management
    Promotional incentives for selling (not pushed as a quota)

ConsLong days
    Customers can be irrational
    At times, employees can be difficult, as it is a younger employee median avg
    Certain jobs may not be as "glorious" as others. Ie. taking out the trash, cleaning bathrooms, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, the store's efficiency is based on how the managers are going to treat the employees, and respond to adversity, but also how the employees treat the customers, and their efficacy towards the job. Which all tend to be relatively high from what I have seen, though it may be different from store to store. *I have worked at two of them.

Great Wisconsin Business to Work For

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsWorking at Rogan's Shoes is a great College job. They are very flexible with scheduling around classes. The environment is always very positive and friendly. You also learn great skills about communicating and it means to have a job.

ConsYou are on you're feet a lot, so a good pair of shoes are definitely a wise investment.

Great place to work in retail.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Brookfield, WI

ProsFamily owned business. People are great. Management can teach you a lot if you listen.

ConsFor the consistent employees the pay could be a little better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep teaching you sales associates what you know. It pays off.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for a highschool Student

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsRelatively flexible hours, coworkers can be fun, and it is very easy work.

ConsThe pay is awful, after years here there is little to no advancement opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate loyal employees, more people will stick around then.

Best high school to college job there is!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Green Bay, WI

ProsFun atmosphere with awesome people to work with. Great job in general. You're responsibilities are able to grow with time. Promo's make working a lot more fun and rewarding.

ConsBest job ever but unfortunately its retail pay so you cant stay there forever. The tools we use all seem to be used crap that other stores got rid of like computers/ register/ displays/ racks.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better computer systems/registers. Would help Rogan's image and make things much easier for employees.

Standing with little to do

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Kenosha, WI

ProsInteresting coworkers, personable managers, very flexible scheduling. If you need a day off, it's pretty much guaranteed which is very nice. Store closes early on Saturdays and Sundays so you have the whole night to yourself.

ConsBoredom, standing all day, sub-par employees, little to no chance for raises. Our store was empty for most of the night which caused some insanity as you stood there with little to do. Do not expect any raises, regardless of how well you work. This is understandable though, because the work isn't hard. Also, it doesn't really matter how well you do your job. It's pretty much impossible to get fired unless you steal and you'll be paid the same anyways.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing as well as it is possible in your situation.

Fun relaxed place to work

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Appleton, WI

ProsLow stress job, relaxed management, actually providing a good service to customers, good sales experience and money handling experience

ConsWork can get repetitive, occasional rude or difficult customers, a few sub-par coworkers

Worked for Rogan's Shoes? Contribute to the Community!