Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Reviews in Canada

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Rogers Communications President and CEO Guy Laurence

Guy Laurence

Pros
  • Good benefits, defined benefit pension plan, 50% discount on all services(in 44 reviews)

• Rogers offers flexibility, work life balance and great benefits(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be challenging but mostly it's a personal choice vs(in 33 reviews)

• Cost cutting and layoffs have caused the rest of the resources to be overworked with no work life balance(in 10 reviews)

469 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

BCR Wireline Hybrid

BCR Wireline Hybrid (Current Employee) Brampton, ON (Canada)

ProsExcellent opportunity for advancement. Managers are very easy to talk to and office morale is GREAT. Love my job and my customers.

ConsYou have to master the systems on your own. Too many technical system issues resulting in lost sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be best if we had the opportunity to work more closely with the IT team internally so that when a system upgrade is done it does not impact our ability to make and close sales.

Challenging, dynamic, internal mobility! If you drive for success, come and work at Rogers.

Prostechnology, media, communication. Young and dynamic.

Consnothing to be shared for the moment. Cons depends of what you are searching for and what type of culture you are seeking for.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to be shared

Great people and great rewards

ProsInnovative and dynamique environment and great people

ConsWork / life balance

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best employer I've ever been employed with.

Recruiter (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsOverall culture, Huge growth opportunities, Training, Employee Value Offering, Benefits, Employee Share Plan, Employee Discount, Entrepreneurial culture.

ConsCompensation, barriers between certain departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider reviewing compensation to what market/industry values currently are.

great place to work for

Intern (Former Employee) Regina, SK (Canada)

Prosgood culture, knowledgeable people, reasonable hours

Conswhile you can easily get promoted, your salary won't increase as much

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Great Place to Work!

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsRogers offers flexibility, work life balance and great benefits. It is fast paced for sure, be ready to move quickly and change your priorities.

ConsThe fast pace of change sometimes has you gasping to catch up.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus and bring the silos of the company together.

Rogers Communications Social Media Specialist, Talent Strategy responded to this review

Apr 29, 2014

Thanks for your response, we definitely do keep things at a fast pace around here. Cross-functional team work is always on our agenda, we will continue to make progress here.

Great Place to work- Great rewards

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros- opportunity to grow
    -friendly environment
    -rewards/incentives
    -great total rewards compensation

Cons-work life balance, I was involved in a lot of project work, sometimes I would get too caught up :)

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job when it comes to employee value offering, interested to see Guy Laurence in action. Had a great experience working with rogers, I would love to work there again.

Apr 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, we're glad you enjoyed your experience here. Project work can definitely get busy! We will keep focusing on driving the employee value offering forward.

Co-worker are very Co-Operative

Warehouse Material Handler (Current Employee) Vaughan, ON (Canada)

ProsFriendly work Atmosphere, Safe,& clean warehouse very well Organised,

Consits a very good company to get growth lots of new things to learn

Advice to Senior Managementyou have Growth in this company

Apr 29, 2014

Thanks for your response! We are glad you are enjoying a friendly and safe work environment. We definitely do have growth opportunities so be sure to keep your revisit your development plan often.

Sales Rep

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsRogers is based on customer service. so I was hired on that basis. have to say, best job ever, people i work with are equal like minded and the managers are always awesome. the money comes no matter what, sooner if your personable. i love this job.

ive been 4 months and its already showing money wise.

Consthe wage isnt great starting out, but what job is. only con is a hard start to see some money. might work with sharks, therefore just the fact of being new can hinder sales. (first time salesperson) if you have worked in sales you will pick up fast.

Apr 29, 2014

Thank you for your review and welcome! We're glad you love your job. Be sure to ask questions to team members to help you pick up some on the job tips.

I had the great experienced working with rogers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey treat their employees fair and help develop their employees needs.

ConsBeing incoming call and understanding the customers need is not always the customer will be happy you do give customer that we appreciate their business.

Advice to Senior ManagementHope I get the job opportunity and you will be happy that you hire the right candidate with my previous experienced at sales plus I have the ability to grow with the company and a great learner.

Apr 29, 2014

Thanks for such a positive response! Please visit our online job postings and set up job alerts so that you can find the right role for you.

Worked for Rogers Communications? Contribute to the Community!