Rogers Communications Reviews

Reset
3.1
Rogers Communications President and CEO Guy Laurence
Guy Laurence

Pros
  • Work-life balance is great but if you want to be on top of the leader-board you should put in the extra work it takes to get there (in 30 reviews)

• Good benefits package; the wage is higher than what is paied at the job market (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance was frowned upon (in 38 reviews)

• Customer Service Rep pay is deplorable (in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I adore working at Rogers - Incredible opportunities and exciting views of the future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Rogers Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love Rogers for many reasons. It's been an incredible experience and I feel like a part of a corporate culture that gets bigger and better every day. The new CEO Guy is ... awesome. He has come in and really bulldozed through a lot of 'comfortable but ineffective' ways of doing things. I'm so excited to have someone so modern take Rogers to the great places we're headed. - Amazing opportunities to learn, grow, and work with other areas of the business and move around - Access to some of the most amazing and talented teams - Incredible benefits and stability - Fantastic support by management, leaders, and colleagues

Cons

Some areas of the business are disorganized and take a long time to traverse red tape. Some of the leadership and employees are stuck in old-world thinking (scheduling lots of meetings to talk about meetings, not deciding on actions, taking a long time to get back to important decisions, etc). It's much better than it was 6 months ago, and will take time for a company of this size to catch up to those who are supporting the changes. Still working through the kinks of trying to chop off our legacy thinking, technology, and systems. It's a work in progress and takes a different way of looking at things, and while some people haven't caught up yet - it's coming along and we'll get there.

Advice to Management

Embrace change. it's 2015 - how we communicate and work needs to change with it. We can't work open and transparently without everyone onboard with moving forward. Support our employees, ensure they feel valued and like they can grow and learn.

Rogers Communications Response

Jul 7, 2015 – Employment Brand Specialist

Thank you for being so open with your feedback! We agree – we’re getting bigger and better every day, and it's because we have people like you on board! Like you said, all good things take time, and ... More

na

I worked at Rogers Communications

Pros

great work environment. management is great

Cons

rotating shifts, would have loved to work over time.

3. i love to work for rogers

Current Employee - CRS in Moncton, NB (Canada)
    Current Employee - CRS in Moncton, NB (Canada)

I have been working at Rogers Communications

Pros

the benifts are awesome the people are great thier real people with real hearts money is good insentives are good you have a great oppertunity to grow within the company we offer you a channe to go all over the world to reperastante the company . there are flexible hours to be worked you get paid a sift premium to work after 6 pm after midnight it goes up even more you receive you medical card before your first paycheck like how many companys can say that . you are offered the choice to work in any different departments and receive commision

Cons

like any other work place it has its bad days not all groups have sales incentives

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

5. Exciting, Challenging Employer Needs Effective Communicators

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Rogers Communications

Pros

There are many great opportunities for personal and career growth. A recent trend at Rogers is to mature the management skills across the organization, through training, mentoring and leadership. There are a significant number of wonderful poeple at Rogers, skilled both in their jobs and at being leaders. The projects are often very challenging, rarely mundane. This can be very stimulating for a professional.

Cons

Like any organization that is growing at a rapid rate. Rogers has cramped office facilities (notably Brampton Park). The term "denisifcation" was coined at Rogers to justify an ever=shrinking cubicle footprint. One of the most challenging areas is that of process. There is little formal documentation around day-to-day processes, and an almost total absence of communications about how to get basic things accomplished (like setting up new employees for access to some necessary systems). Rogers has evolved from many organizations into a large, national enterprise. However, there are still prevailing attitudes from the "entrepreneurial days" that make things challenging. This is espescially evident in the "silo effect" of various groups - the lines of communication can be difficult to find and use.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff; open up lines of communication; create opportunities for movement and growth within the company

6. Rogers, the best of the best to work for

Current Employee - Team Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Rogers Communications

Pros

people, opportunities for growth (for people that actually work hard), salary, benefits, working for Ted. I have never been turned away when I was in need of something and Rogers has supported me and my family through our times of need. I am forever in debted to everything that this wonderful organization has given to me. I'd also like to point out that the Rogers employee purchase program is second to none and they are passionate about their employees feeling like they are a bigger part of the franchise.

Cons

stressful because its fast paced and something new is always around the corner, but management in call centers always is.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a fantastic job. Employees are treated fairly and equitably in the Ottawa call cen.ter. I'm extremely proud to work for you.

7. I am proud to be a part of Rogers as Rogers is proud to be a part of me.

Current Employee - Technical Support Consultant in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Consultant in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Rogers Communications

Pros

one of the main reasons why i like working at rogers cable is becuase of the employees, my co-workers. everyone is respectful to each other and we're very professional about our job at hand. i am proud of working for one of the biggest companies in Canada. the job isn't too hard and the pay is good. not alot of people that work for other call centres can say this. as big as Rogers is as a company, it isn't very hard to land a job there. yes they look at experience and qualifications but if you don't have one or the other, they still look at the big picture and see how well educated you are and how interested you are in the job and also your ability to learn new things. Rogers is a growing company and everyday we have new learning curbs. by far Rogers is the best employer i have had.

Cons

I haven't come across a downside to Rogers yet. as far i can see, they are very flexible all around. for ex. not many call centres will give you close to full access to internet website, msn, webmessenger, facebook. etc. They try to accomodate with people that have 2 jobs, or students that are part time at Rogers, full time in school. THEY DIDN'T EVEN BAN YOUTUBE. once again, people are friendly, even in other departments. its one of the best workplace environment one can work at.

Advice to Management

HAVE MORE/BETTER COMMUNICATION WITH EVERYONE, not only the management below them, but the TIER 1's that are under the TM's (management).

A place with excellent morale and employee appreciation

Current Employee - CSC in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - CSC in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Rogers Communications

Pros

The environment and work ethic is so much better than anywhere else that I`ve worked. There`s just a positive vibe walking through the doors into work everyday. There`s constant feedback from managers and even our directors know us on a first name basis and are always looking for feedback on ways to make work better than it already is. The expectations set out are realistic and attainable. More than anything you`re trying to reach personal goals which drive the goals of your department. I never thought I would enjoy working in a call center as much as I do working here.

Cons

I really can`t complain about anything aside from having to deal with situations that may have been left open by another representative. That isn`t the fault of the employer though, just like any job if someone doesn`t do their job correctly it affects someone else. Other than that I guess the specific location of where I work is across town, but again it was my choice to work there and I have to make the commute because of that choice.

Advice to Management

Keep on being supportive and keep the morale up with all the activities and feedback you give!

Rogers- a great palce to work and grow

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Rogers Communications

Pros

great products, fun atmosphere that is never the same day in and day out. Good communication and recognition from CSR's to senior management. The fact that it is such a huge company their is plenty of room for growth regardless if you want to move accross country or stay right where you are

Cons

working in a mall, the uniforms and the un-pleasane customers we have to deal with. Calling into call centres and being transferred 9 times, and the rude/ not well trained call centre reps.

Advice to Management

Communication is key, listen to what we have to say because we are on the front line 40+ hours a week, we understand things and we hope you will take our suggestions to heart.

10. Rogers ROCKS!

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Rogers Communications

Pros

The workplace is amazing and they do so much to help you along when you start with the company and when you join your team. The people and managers there are the best. The career opportunities at the call centre are so diverse that when joining, it's not hard to find something that you enjoy. I really enjoy going to work and it is a great change from many of the other companies that I've worked for. You can tell that everybody is really proud to work there and they really believe in you. I wholeheartedly recommend anyone who is looking for a career to consider Rogers.

Cons

Rogers is a really big organization so at times it may be difficult to get communication to us in a timely manner. There are also decisions made at the very top which cascades down to us. When we get it, it's sometimes difficult to understand although the managers try to do their best to explain the reasons. Their benefits are also really good but when applying for them, you do have to pay upfront first and then get reimbursed. Other than that, I really enjoy the job and am looking forward to advancing my career although I have only been there a short time.

Advice to Management

Senior management are among the friendliest I've seen. They are always smiling and available to speak with you. When speaking to them, they all started in the position that I'm in which is very encouraging to see. This means that I have a chance to move up within the organization and maybe get to their level. I'd suggest they try help out with communication at times.

11. Rogers - An equal opportunity employer who recognizes its employees fairly and decently.

Current Employee - Customer Relations Specialist. in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Relations Specialist. in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Rogers Communications

Pros

Rogers has an incredible benefit package including a dental plan and full prescription coverage. The pay is more than competitive when measured with other call centres in the city. Generous incentives are paid bi-weekly while quarterly bonuses can reach in excess of $1000. Rogers offers stock options, an RRSP package, and pension plan. I have worked for Rogers since September 2007 and I have advanced through several of the entry level positions, with plans to move to a new department shortly. I have moved through these positions at my own pace and with Rogers eager for you to learn all their lines of business, moving around in the company until you find something that fits is welcomed. Of course you are expected to meet several targets and maintain good attendance but every job expects this of its employees. I've always felt respected and recognized working for Rogers.

Cons

The shifts can be difficult, Rogers seems to use a failed bidding system. It is based on seniority but it's also based on the needs of the business, meaning regardless of your preference, if your needed, you'll be working shifts on their terms.

Advice to Management

Rogers needs to focus solely on customer service. The intentions and initiatives are there, but the customer first attitude must always be maintained. In this industry, customer service is what really keeps the customer coming back. Although Rogers has implemented several positive customer service changes, I think the real issue lies with who is hired. With so many big business call centres, I think the secret to capturing the market is completely in the hands of your customer. Having confident, knowledgeable, friendly and detailed oriented representatives dealing with your clients shoud be of utmost importance.

RSS Feed </> Embed