Rogers Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rogers Corporation President & CEO Bruce D. Hoechner

Bruce D. Hoechner

Professionally structured business that knows where it's going.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEmployee development, collaboration, everyone is treated as an individual. Engineering staff is strong - necessary in the industry.

ConsSometimes people are promoted when they are not ready, effects those reporting to them. Slow to move employees that are road blocks. Maybe Bruce will help change that!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what your employees are saying. And if you can't do anything about it, let them know why.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time

ProsRogers is a great place to work. People are very friendly. Projects are fun to work on. Good work/life balance.

ConsThe compensation package may not be as generous as some other companies.

Lack of proper leadership from the managerial level

Production Supervisor (Former Employee)
Woodstock, CT

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsEmployees are hard working and knowledgable

ConsUpper Management is lacking in leadership skills

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to lead by example

Don't let the 'nice' fool you people who have worked there 10+ years are passive agressive and will stab you in the back

I have been working at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros-Very polite.
-Very mediocre personalities - no volatility - no outward hostility - always polite and conservative
-If you strive for mediocre, if you are satisfied with being average and not pushing the envelope - this is the perfect fit in a perfectly mundane existance

Cons--All people who are better than average leave Rogers before their 10th Anniversary.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all of your Product Managers, Business Development Managers, and Regional Sales Managers who have been around a decade or more - should be asked to move on. They are holding the company back from growth. Bruce needs to continue sweeping these people OUT! They do nothing for the bottom line or morale.

It's OK for now

Rogers, CT

I have been working at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits, opportunities to take on new things, good work/life balance, CEO working to change the culture in a positive way to move us into the future and keep the company growing

ConsMany employees have been a Rogers a long time and their acceptance of new people, new processes, & new ideas is very limited. There is a consistent belief across the company that tenure protects employees from needing to prove their value or stretching beyond what has been their normal. There are employees who still believe people should live in the area to work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt appears many decisions get made before thinking through them and changing when negative reactions are realized. Confidentiality could be better Put more emphasis at the leadership level on the importance of developing employees by demonstrating it at the top and require it from their managers. Managers behave more like individual contributors than managers of people.

Great Place for Summer Internship

Summer Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Rogers Corporation as an intern for less than a year

ProsIt is a great place for summer internship. Generous pay ! Managers are very nice. They gave you enough space to work individually instead of watching you all day. Whenever you have a question, you can ask just about anyone, the co-works are very friendly and knowledgeable. Great learning opportunity for college students. The company pays a lot attention to their interns, you really learn things instead of making copies or coffee.

ConsDon't have much to complain, it is all depend on the department and the manager you work for.

Intern

Finance Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Rogers Corporation as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat Pay, Great Coworkers, Great Manager. Everyone I met here from interviewing to working here was a joy to be around, they helped me early on and always made sure to make me feel like an employee at Rogers not an Intern. My supervisor was an absolute joy she kept me filled in on whats going on and always helped if needed. The CEO Bruce is a great guy and even had breakfast with the interns which made us all feel wanted and proud to be working here. Not to mention every other memeber of the executive team were helpful when needed and also just over great people. I highly recommend Rogers to anyone looking!

ConsLittle hectic at times, but thats business for you nothing is certain and times are changing, they always handled their business. No real cons on my end.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing and make sure to keep growing the wonderful name of Rogers!

Was a 'nice' place to work, now turned in to a different world. Think carefully about joining.

I have been working at Rogers Corporation

ProsGenerally treat their employees well, good work/life balance, global business with attendant opportunities for travel and working with other cultures. Many employees have 20+ year tenures, which says something for the environment.

ConsRogers was stuck in a time warp and now global competition is a reality. This is causing a lot of turmoil in the organization with a lot of new 'talent' at the top trying to figure out what to do, and the old timers not knowing what's hit them.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome really smart people, and some not so much. Figure out who really makes a difference and lay out the plan for the future with them.

Rogers Corp.

I have been working at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood people to work with
Very knowlegeable on their products and markets
Sometimes willing to try new things

Conssometimes too slow to make changes

Advice to Senior Managementsometimes too conservative

Nothing Fancy

Industrial Engineer (Current Employee)
Carol Stream, IL

I have been working at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFriendly colleagues, Good relationship building, Good work/life balance.

ConsVery limited opportunities for growth, lots of office politics at a corporate level, old and out of date facilities, limited bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementStop congratulating yourself and focus on employee development.

Worked for Rogers Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rogers Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rogers Corporation CEO Bruce D. Hoechner. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Rogers Corporation employees.