Rogers Corporation

Updated July 21, 2014
3.4

Rogers Corporation President & CEO Bruce D. Hoechner
Bruce D. Hoechner

I had a great experience here with the job and the people I worked with.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Woodstock, CT
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Woodstock, CT

I have been working at Rogers Corporation as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people I worked with are really helpful and friendly. The job itself is interesting and you are treated very well here.

Cons

The location is awful. To live anywhere near a city or somewhere not as expensive as connecticut you have about an hour commute to work.

Too much politics

Former Employee - Engineering in Carol Stream, IL
    Former Employee - Engineering in Carol Stream, IL

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None. It was a very stressful environment to work in. Don't get fooled by the smiles and politeness.

Cons

Managers do not recognize true talent. Instead they listen to the squeaky wheel. The louder one squeaks, the more one gets listened to , whether or not there is any merit to the issue. Some people are regarded as blue eyed wonders, who can do no wrong. Disruptive behavior was tolerated. Disrespectful behavior was tolerated. Another person who had a knack for producing beautiful slide shows was promoted over and over, even though he had little else to show.

Get rid of managers who foster the above culture and then maybe you have a chance.

Professionally structured business that knows where it's going.

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee development, collaboration, everyone is treated as an individual. Engineering staff is strong - necessary in the industry.

Cons

Sometimes people are promoted when they are not ready, effects those reporting to them. Slow to move employees that are road blocks. Maybe Bruce will help change that!

Listen to what your employees are saying. And if you can't do anything about it, let them know why.

Great place to work

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time

Pros

Rogers is a great place to work. People are very friendly. Projects are fun to work on. Good work/life balance.

Cons

The compensation package may not be as generous as some other companies.

Don't let the 'nice' fool you people who have worked there 10+ years are passive agressive and will stab you in the back

I have been working at Rogers Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

-Very polite.
    -Very mediocre personalities - no volatility - no outward hostility - always polite and conservative
    -If you strive for mediocre, if you are satisfied with being average and not pushing the envelope - this is the perfect fit in a perfectly mundane existance

Cons

--All people who are better than average leave Rogers before their 10th Anniversary.

Get rid of all of your Product Managers, Business Development Managers, and Regional Sales Managers who have been around a decade or more - should be asked to move on. They are holding the company back from growth. Bruce needs to continue sweeping these people OUT! They do nothing for the bottom line or morale.

Lack of proper leadership from the managerial level

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Woodstock, CT
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Woodstock, CT

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees are hard working and knowledgable

Cons

Upper Management is lacking in leadership skills

Need to lead by example

Great Place for Summer Internship

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Rogers, CT
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Rogers, CT

I worked at Rogers Corporation as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It is a great place for summer internship. Generous pay ! Managers are very nice. They gave you enough space to work individually instead of watching you all day. Whenever you have a question, you can ask just about anyone, the co-works are very friendly and knowledgeable. Great learning opportunity for college students. The company pays a lot attention to their interns, you really learn things instead of making copies or coffee.

Cons

Don't have much to complain, it is all depend on the department and the manager you work for.

It's OK for now

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rogers, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rogers, CT

I have been working at Rogers Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, opportunities to take on new things, good work/life balance, CEO working to change the culture in a positive way to move us into the future and keep the company growing

Cons

Many employees have been a Rogers a long time and their acceptance of new people, new processes, & new ideas is very limited. There is a consistent belief across the company that tenure protects employees from needing to prove their value or stretching beyond what has been their normal. There are employees who still believe people should live in the area to work there.

It appears many decisions get made before thinking through them and changing when negative reactions are realized. Confidentiality could be better Put more emphasis at the leadership level on the importance of developing employees by demonstrating it at the top and require it from their managers. Managers behave more like individual contributors than managers of people.

Intern

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Rogers, CT
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Rogers, CT

I worked at Rogers Corporation as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great Pay, Great Coworkers, Great Manager. Everyone I met here from interviewing to working here was a joy to be around, they helped me early on and always made sure to make me feel like an employee at Rogers not an Intern. My supervisor was an absolute joy she kept me filled in on whats going on and always helped if needed. The CEO Bruce is a great guy and even had breakfast with the interns which made us all feel wanted and proud to be working here. Not to mention every other memeber of the executive team were helpful when needed and also just over great people. I highly recommend Rogers to anyone looking!

Cons

Little hectic at times, but thats business for you nothing is certain and times are changing, they always handled their business. No real cons on my end.

Keep doing what your doing and make sure to keep growing the wonderful name of Rogers!

Was a 'nice' place to work, now turned in to a different world. Think carefully about joining.

I have been working at Rogers Corporation

Pros

Generally treat their employees well, good work/life balance, global business with attendant opportunities for travel and working with other cultures. Many employees have 20+ year tenures, which says something for the environment.

Cons

Rogers was stuck in a time warp and now global competition is a reality. This is causing a lot of turmoil in the organization with a lot of new 'talent' at the top trying to figure out what to do, and the old timers not knowing what's hit them.

Some really smart people, and some not so much. Figure out who really makes a difference and lay out the plan for the future with them.

Rogers Corporation Photos