Rogers Corporation

Rogers Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Rogers Corporation President & CEO Bruce D. Hoechner

Bruce D. Hoechner

I had a great experience here with the job and the people I worked with.

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) Woodstock, CT

ProsThe people I worked with are really helpful and friendly. The job itself is interesting and you are treated very well here.

ConsThe location is awful. To live anywhere near a city or somewhere not as expensive as connecticut you have about an hour commute to work.

Professionally structured business that knows where it's going.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployee development, collaboration, everyone is treated as an individual. Engineering staff is strong - necessary in the industry.

ConsSometimes people are promoted when they are not ready, effects those reporting to them. Slow to move employees that are road blocks. Maybe Bruce will help change that!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what your employees are saying. And if you can't do anything about it, let them know why.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRogers is a great place to work. People are very friendly. Projects are fun to work on. Good work/life balance.

ConsThe compensation package may not be as generous as some other companies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place for Summer Internship

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Rogers, CT

ProsIt is a great place for summer internship. Generous pay ! Managers are very nice. They gave you enough space to work individually instead of watching you all day. Whenever you have a question, you can ask just about anyone, the co-works are very friendly and knowledgeable. Great learning opportunity for college students. The company pays a lot attention to their interns, you really learn things instead of making copies or coffee.

ConsDon't have much to complain, it is all depend on the department and the manager you work for.

Intern

Finance Intern (Former Employee) Rogers, CT

ProsGreat Pay, Great Coworkers, Great Manager. Everyone I met here from interviewing to working here was a joy to be around, they helped me early on and always made sure to make me feel like an employee at Rogers not an Intern. My supervisor was an absolute joy she kept me filled in on whats going on and always helped if needed. The CEO Bruce is a great guy and even had breakfast with the interns which made us all feel wanted and proud to be working here. Not to mention every other memeber of the executive team were helpful when needed and also just over great people. I highly recommend Rogers to anyone looking!

ConsLittle hectic at times, but thats business for you nothing is certain and times are changing, they always handled their business. No real cons on my end.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing and make sure to keep growing the wonderful name of Rogers!

for the most part a positive experience

Training Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood Benefits, average pay, good opportunities to advance

ConsSometimes it's about who you know

Rogers Corporation is an Awesome Company to work for!!!

Associate (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsRogers Corporation cares about its employees.
    good benifits
    good working conditions and the job is like childs play. Its that easy .
    our new safety guy Brian really cares about the employees welfare. Brian actively promotes a safe working environment.-
    good pay.
    even in a down economy we got several quarterly and annual bonuses
    Rogers corp. actively promotes continuing education as a way for advancement if one choices that route.
    The outgoing CEO Mr. Bob Wachob lead Rogers Corporation thru many sucessful years and helped open the door so we as a company can get into the LARGEST economy in the world. Bob was worth every nickel he received in his exit package.
    The new CEO Mr. Bruce Hoechner has a decade of experience in china and seems to have excellent foresight. maybe Bruce will get us to the billion dollar in sales goal.

WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY BUT ROGERS CORPORATION HAS BEEN AWESOMELY KIND TO ME.

Conspessimism in some employees really is a mental drain. But i am always learning new ways to optimize their pessimism.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and please start actively promoting optimism and get rid of all the employees who feel they owe the company nothing but expect the world.

Thank you.

Overall good company

General Manager (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsOpportunities for Learning and sharing councils
    Sharing Councils

ConsSomewhat political
    Company is static in revenue growth

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in business development to grow revenue opps

A decent company to work at.

Engineern (Former Employee) Woodstock, CT

ProsGood pay. They seem to be one of the leader in materials. The people they hire seem to know what they're doing.

ConsThey're a specialty company and are hit hard by economic downturns. Most of what they make isn't interesting from an engineering perspective. Most of the blue collar workers are in a union which makes dealing with them a nightmare sometimes. They'd rather keep the status qou because it's easier then actual do more work that would lead to growth of the company. Buildings are slightly old.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on long term growth rather then yearly profit.

Bittersweet

Anonymous (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsFrequency of pay increase. Collection is always in demand. Permanent position.

ConsWorking Saturday. being on phone constantly.
    Irate and angry customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to help your employees more with work/ home Balance.

Worked for Rogers Corporation? Contribute to the Community!