Rogers Corporation

Bruce D. Hoechner

Too much politics

Engineering (Former Employee)
    Carol Stream, IL

ProsNone. It was a very stressful environment to work in. Don't get fooled by the smiles and politeness.

ConsManagers do not recognize true talent. Instead they listen to the squeaky wheel. The louder one squeaks, the more one gets listened to , whether or not there is any merit to the issue. Some people are regarded as blue eyed wonders, who can do no wrong. Disruptive behavior was tolerated. Disrespectful behavior was tolerated. Another person who had a knack for producing beautiful slide shows was promoted over and over, even though he had little else to show.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of managers who foster the above culture and then maybe you have a chance.

Senior Designer, Rogers

Senior Designer - Technology Development (Current Employee)
    Brampton, ON (Canada)

ProsGood Benefits, Work Life Balance, Gym on site, Learning opportunities

ConsSlow work environment, politics, average salary

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove compensation, make the environment more dynamic, reduce politics

Human Resources

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some great departments to work in.

ConsIts a very political and hierarchy organization.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professionally structured business that knows where it's going.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployee development, collaboration, everyone is treated as an individual. Engineering staff is strong - necessary in the industry.

ConsSometimes people are promoted when they are not ready, effects those reporting to them. Slow to move employees that are road blocks. Maybe Bruce will help change that!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what your employees are saying. And if you can't do anything about it, let them know why.

Don't let the 'nice' fool you people who have worked there 10+ years are passive agressive and will stab you in the back

Pros-Very polite.
    -Very mediocre personalities - no volatility - no outward hostility - always polite and conservative
    -If you strive for mediocre, if you are satisfied with being average and not pushing the envelope - this is the perfect fit in a perfectly mundane existance

Cons--All people who are better than average leave Rogers before their 10th Anniversary.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all of your Product Managers, Business Development Managers, and Regional Sales Managers who have been around a decade or more - should be asked to move on. They are holding the company back from growth. Bruce needs to continue sweeping these people OUT! They do nothing for the bottom line or morale.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRogers is a great place to work. People are very friendly. Projects are fun to work on. Good work/life balance.

ConsThe compensation package may not be as generous as some other companies.

Lack of proper leadership from the managerial level

Production Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Woodstock, CT

ProsEmployees are hard working and knowledgable

ConsUpper Management is lacking in leadership skills

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to lead by example

It's OK for now

Rogers, CT

ProsGood benefits, opportunities to take on new things, good work/life balance, CEO working to change the culture in a positive way to move us into the future and keep the company growing

ConsMany employees have been a Rogers a long time and their acceptance of new people, new processes, & new ideas is very limited. There is a consistent belief across the company that tenure protects employees from needing to prove their value or stretching beyond what has been their normal. There are employees who still believe people should live in the area to work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt appears many decisions get made before thinking through them and changing when negative reactions are realized. Confidentiality could be better Put more emphasis at the leadership level on the importance of developing employees by demonstrating it at the top and require it from their managers. Managers behave more like individual contributors than managers of people.

Great Place for Summer Internship

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
    Rogers, CT

ProsIt is a great place for summer internship. Generous pay ! Managers are very nice. They gave you enough space to work individually instead of watching you all day. Whenever you have a question, you can ask just about anyone, the co-works are very friendly and knowledgeable. Great learning opportunity for college students. The company pays a lot attention to their interns, you really learn things instead of making copies or coffee.

ConsDon't have much to complain, it is all depend on the department and the manager you work for.

Intern

Finance Intern (Former Employee)
    Rogers, CT

ProsGreat Pay, Great Coworkers, Great Manager. Everyone I met here from interviewing to working here was a joy to be around, they helped me early on and always made sure to make me feel like an employee at Rogers not an Intern. My supervisor was an absolute joy she kept me filled in on whats going on and always helped if needed. The CEO Bruce is a great guy and even had breakfast with the interns which made us all feel wanted and proud to be working here. Not to mention every other memeber of the executive team were helpful when needed and also just over great people. I highly recommend Rogers to anyone looking!

ConsLittle hectic at times, but thats business for you nothing is certain and times are changing, they always handled their business. No real cons on my end.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing and make sure to keep growing the wonderful name of Rogers!

Worked for Rogers Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Rogers Corporation Videos

Rogers Corporation – Why Work for Us?

About Rogers Corporation At Rogers Corporation, we are passionate about helping the world's leading innovators solve their toughest material challenges and create a cleaner, safer, and more connected… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rogers Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rogers Corporation CEO Bruce D. Hoechner. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Rogers Corporation employees.