Rogers State University

Updated June 14, 2014
Updated June 14, 2014
2.9

CEO

Great opportunities and love the ability to be able to pass along knowledge as an adjunct professor.

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor  in  Claremore, OK
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Claremore, OK

I have been working at Rogers State University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great reputable university. I earned my associates and bachelors degree at this school. I highly recommend this university to students and potential employees.

Cons

Would like to see the university to allow their online adjunct professors to work as a full time employee.

Please consider allowing full time online adjunct professors.

Under-staffed, under-paid and under-appreciated.

Current Employee - Financial Aid Counselor  in  Claremore, OK
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Counselor in Claremore, OK

I have been working at Rogers State University full-time

Pros

The benefits are really good. Employer-paid health insurance and low cost vision/dental are offered. The university also offers tuition assistance for up to 7 credit hours in the fall/spring and 3 hours in the summer semester.

Cons

Minimal training, minimal pay, no recognition, employees are seen as highly replaceable.
    Some departments on campus are really good and some are really bad. The pay for all departments is really bad unless you are in an executive position.

Consider employee morale in all decisions. It would be more beneficial and cost saving to retain good employees rather than have to hire and train new employees often.

Work review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Claremore, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremore, OK

I have been working at Rogers State University

Pros

Benefits & time off, maybe retirement package

Cons

Good old boys club. Advancement great if in with right people. President definitely a politician. Says what he thinks you want to hear.

Respect staff more. Look and see who is really the loyal employees!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a challenging but fun and friendly place to work, and rarely stressful.

Current Employee - Computer Support Technician  in  Claremore, OK
    Current Employee - Computer Support Technician in Claremore, OK

I have been working at Rogers State University

Pros

My job is a very social one. As a support technician, it is my job to fix problems or otherwise compensate for the needs of computers of staff, faculty, and student computer labs. I get plenty of exercise because I walk from my office to wherever the problem or issue exists. Most of the customers (the term customer is used to describe any employee, be it staff or faculty, and also students in some cases. They are not paying customers.) are very friendly and after working here for so long, I have gotten to know almost all of them to some degree.

Not only is the social aspect great, but I learn a lot outside of my own career field. For example, I may go work on a biology professor's computer system to install some new software that was requested. In doing so, I may not know anything about it at first, but the professor most likely knows a lot about the software (or else it would not have been requested and purchased), and can give me a good explanation of what it does. I may then leave his or her office with some new knowledge of biology.

One of the best beneifits to working here are the days off. In addition to the vacation/sick hours, I am off any day that the school is closed for business (very few exceptions to this). For example, the school is closed for spring break (although in some cases there is a CHANCE that it would have to be open, it hasn't happened in the four years I've worked here), so I am also off work for spring break.

Cons

The university is still small and growing, so the budget isn't as large as many other companies or even state institutions may have. Therefore, we don't always have the absolute most up-to-date equipment to use, and have to be a little more frugal with our resources (some companies may release a computer system from their inventory the day it goes out of warranty; however, we tend to make a computer last as long as we can, provided that it still meets the needs of the user and our own requirements, even if it is not as fast as a brand new one).

The pay isn't extremely high, although it is not too bad, especially considering all the off-hours included (sick, vacation, personal, and breaks).

To senior management of my department, I would suggest to listen to and better consider ideas of the people lower on the totem-pole, and make stronger arguments to the university administration to increase our departments available spendings.

Worked for Rogers State University? Contribute to the Community!