Rogers and Holland Jewelers

Rogers and Holland Jewelers Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

I love the people you meet and the company.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsRogers & Hollands Jewelers if a great company to work for if you enjoy working with people and are not shy. I believe in our companies standards and quality. You have control over your hourly rate and bonuses when you meet your goals.

ConsYour overall pay is based on what you make in sales, so only take the job if your great with people and can sell! Hours of operation are Sunday to Sunday, with only select holidays off when mall is closed.

No Respect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you're willing to work for awful pay, long hours and be undervalued, management has your back. Decent discounts on products.

ConsManagement will show you the door if you try to move on- ask to step down and they'll ask you to quit without words. Pay is terrible, with very little room for growth, and no respect from leadership or corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate your employees better, and offer more room for growth. Basic respect is also a good idea.

Poor Training and Management did not respect former commitments

Office Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOvertime pay during the holiday season

ConsI gave my availability at the interview. I said I was not available on a specific day and time. I was told that this would be okay. For the time that I worked here I pretty much had to work every single week at the day and time I had another commitment. I tried talking to the manager 3 times and was not listened to.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect employees availability.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I never knew the definition of greed, until I worked there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers, casual environment, good discounts on merchandise

ConsHorrible pay, mediocre benefits, cheap

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees better compensation for their hard work. Time for the parents to retire and/or not take a salary which could used to compensate employees. Quit punishing employees for the bad business decisions you make.

Very poor

Accountant (Current Employee) Matteson, IL

ProsGreat employee discounts on jewelry and accessories

ConsFairy below the national average salary

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some sort of incentives to employees to do better at tehir jobs

Rogers & Hollands Jewelers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsThey are the largest family owned jewelry store in the United States. They maintain their high integrity while trying to be competitive with corporate jewelry stores.

ConsIf you don't make your sales goal, which is based upon your hourly rate, then you can't get a promotion and therefore a raise. Also if you miss your sales goal several months in a row, you could be docked in your hourly rate or even fired because you are not making for their store what they are paying you to work. This works for some people but not others.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't try to match the coporate competition at their game - stand apart and be different from them. Make yourself unique rather than trying to cut corners to save as much as possible.

Exciting, educational and rewarding

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to make someone else's best moments!! Find the right piece of jewelry, and you can absolutely create a WOW moment for someone else. Even if you don't find the exact piece, there are other ways to create a repeat customer. The company offers training, and opportunities are endless. Commissions and bonuses are paid to employees on top of salary, and can be very competitive.

ConsOn occasion, sales are slow, and you have to create sales opportunities. There is a lot to do, and that can be both good and bad. Sometimes there are issues between associates, as you work to earn commissions. This causes some competition, and not always good.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinual training during slow periods, team meetings, morale builders, after hours events....Team building!!

Good company to work for - but there is always room for improvement.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsSince Rogers & Hollands is a family owned company, they put great pride into their product and believe in providing the best customer service possible. The training which is provided is top notch, and for a retail organization, the discount which is provided to the associates is also quite good.

ConsLong hours during the holidays. Occasionally having to deal with unreasonable guests with unrealistic expectations. Competition from other jewelers in a mall environment can be challenging when you are trying to educate the guest on the best quality for their dollar - (they aren't always willing to compare apples to apples... more along the lines of apples to potatoes).

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to listen to all associates for suggestions for improving processes within the business. Posting of open positions within the company for career advancement would be helpful. Make sure that all information (sales, promotions, changes in process/procedure) in communicated not only to the store manager, but to all associates.

Worked for Rogers and Holland Jewelers? Contribute to the Community!