Rohm and Haas

www.rohmhaas.com

Rohm and Haas Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014
Rohm and Haas – Philadelphia – “Street view of the Rohm and Haas headquarter…”

Rohm and Haas Chairman, President, and CEO Raj Gupta

Raj Gupta

Great company to work for.

IT Specialist (Former Employee) Springhouse Branch Post Office, PA

ProsSalary and Benefits were the best.

ConsThe company was sold and many jobs were outsourced.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't need t micro manage.

A GREAT Company

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Phila, PA

ProsAr Rohm and Haas Company, employees were treated with respect. Their was a family atmosphere that fostered good performance. The company gave it's employees everything they need to perform well in their jobs. Also, Rohm and Haas management recognized that in order to be a "World Class" Specialty Chemical Company, you had to have a First Class IT Organization.

ConsThey tended to keep poor performers around to long by moving them around

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating and expanding into Emerging Markets

Business units great to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBelieved in growing talent internally

ConsAllowed fiefdoms to develop in remote areas like the Knowledge Center

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experience with Rolm & Haas

Optical Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat place for growth. Lots of latitude once established. Good people to work with. Abundance of resources.

ConsIf your not on the radar you don't exist. Once the ball gets going and direction of market changes. sometimes its hard to change direction if the momentum is large.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your customers and validate no matter how big the customer.

Good company gone.

IT Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGood location. Close to mass transit. Interesting work.

ConsThe merger with Dow Co was not publicised and led to many fulltimers to jump ship.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

The best company I have ever worked for.

Lab Technician (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsAlthough Rohm and Hass is now Dow Chemical, it was the greatest company to work for in way of how they treated their people. They appreciated the work you done and always let you know. They give you a sense of pride working for them. They also cared about your safety and your balance for work and home life. Rohm and Haas was good to me for 30yrs. How many people in today's world can say they really enjoy going to work every day? I did!

ConsThe only down side for Rohm and Haas I can think of is when they sold out to Dow Chemical. It was no longer a people place. No matter what you done it was never enough. They push their people to a breaking point.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood people are retiring due the the low morale. Get the plants back to the way it was under Rohm and Haas. I would have stayed more then 30yrs. if it were still R & H.

Good place to work when it was still Rohm & Haas

Senior Scientist (Current Employee) Spring House, PA

ProsCompany was a good place to work when it was still R&H. Fair to employees and many bright and dedicated co-workers.

ConsLeft when the company was bought out by Dow. Friends who remain do not seem quite as positive about how they are being treated by Dow.

Advice to Senior ManagementFormer R&H workers who remain after the take over should be valued by new management. After a period of adjustment, they will make valuable contributions to the success of Dow.

great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

Proslearned a lot while i worked here. everyone was very willing to teach me and took a personal interest in my career development.

Consthe office setting was somewhat impersonal. i feel that the upper management hid behind closed doors and the lower level employees were not given much interaction.

Advice to Senior Managementwish you hadn't sold to dow. you took an amazing family business in the local area and sold it to a bigger competitor who has destroyed the company in search of the next dollar.

In the transition ....

Research Manager (Former Employee) Spring House, PA

ProsResponse depends on the business unit. The powder group was fast paced with lots of opportunity to grow and succeed. Less degree oriented and more "show me the results" to gain the promotion or position. Great supportive team to work with.

ConsWork/life balance could be non-existant if you are not careful. Not easy to move from one business unit to another,

Advice to Senior ManagementGo Dow .. or Akzo I mean. In the transition to Akzo keep the employees encouraged, well informed, and recognized for their contributions and successes, no matter how small they may seem.

Rohm and Haas is now part of Dow Chemicals

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsRohm and Haas was a great employer. The salary, benefits and bonuses were excellent, as were the opportunities for talented and motivated people to advance in their careers.

ConsThe company went through reorganizations before and following its sale to Dow. Many jobs were lost, which is stressful to those who were retained, as well as to those who were not.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope Dow continues to recognize the gold mine of talent it acquired through its purchase of Rohm and Haas, and that they reward the retained employees accordingly.

Worked for Rohm and Haas? Contribute to the Community!