Roland Realty Reviews

1 Rating

1. Well-run Business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Roland Realty (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent management and maintenance staff, flexible hours, good benefits. Very knowledgeable crew that keeps it laid back while maintaining a hard work attitude.

Cons

Honestly, there are no cons of working here. The only real negative aspect applies to the people who aren't employed at Roland. It's a very small, family-run business so there usually aren't any openings in the year (other than temporary turnover positions).

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing. There is a reason why Roland has maintained such a good reputation.

2. Hard work

Former Employee - Turn Over
    Former Employee - Turn Over

I worked at Roland Realty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great pay, get to keep what you find. Co-workers are very interesting people and one of the more respectable leasing companies in champaign.

Cons

You have to work long hours. Some of the places are gross and the work is not universal across each group. Can't clean your own apartment and the regular workers get to clean the nicer places. There are times with no a/c.

Advice to Management

hire more reliable people

3. Great Temporary Summer Job

I worked at Roland Realty

Pros

Easy to get hired for either session 1 or 2 during turnover season, Physical work but not overwhelming. Great pay for the time you put in, expect overtime which you are paid accordingly for. Free range to listen to music and very little rules other than get done what you're assigned.

Cons

None, it is what is. They don't hide anything. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get dirty cleaning up after college kids for a week or two, then its worth doing.

5. Fun place to work, great people, good salary

Former Employee - Marketer in Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Marketer in Champaign, IL

I worked at Roland Realty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Taking on a lot of responsibility -The company is run by students so everyone is the same age -Loved the people I worked with, the staff is very social at and outside of the workplace -Pays well -The job helped me get called back to several other jobs because it was a well-respected position/company

Cons

-Often a lack of organization as everything is run by students -Training for the job took a long time as different people only knew certain things -Required to work a lot of hours but you earn a lot of money

6. good

Former Employee - IT Tech
    Former Employee - IT Tech

I worked at Roland Realty

Pros

yes, nice place to work

Cons

nothing bad but quit stress due to the high pressur

Advice to Management

good

7. Awesome

I worked at Roland Realty

Pros

Mix of office paperwork and getting around the campus Coworkers are the best I've ever had Great resume builder Greatly shaped my work ethic

Cons

Slow commission in springtime Some properties seem as if they will never get leased.

Advice to Management

Continue being awesome.

8. Extraordinary college job

I have been working at Roland Realty

Pros

Roland is great for working with your school schedule. Another awesome element is the culture - super chill and fun. If you're a people person and enjoy some friendly competition, you'll do well here.

Cons

While they are pretty good about working around your schedule, sometimes they are late to letting you know the schedule. Also, a lot can change quickly. Communication can always be improved.

Advice to Management

Remember we are students, things change (or we lack planning skills, deal with it). Don't throw all standards out the window. Some employees clearly put in a greater effort than others.

RSS Feed </> Embed