Rollins College

Rollins College Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Not yet rated.

Craig M. McAllaster, EdD

Rollins is a great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBeautiful campus, commitment to professional development

ConsLots of politics to navigate

Great place for employees to work and feel appreciated

Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe benefits here were outstanding. It's one of the few companies I've worked for that offered a generous maternity leave policy, as well as general paid time off. The benefits were affordable and quite satisfactory.

ConsSalaries were a bit low. Upward mobility can be difficult because the benefits are so good that it seemed turnover was low. It's a smaller institution so transferring to another unit for promotion was not always an option.

Graduate Assistant Position

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) Winter Park, FL

ProsHourly pay, part time work, tuition remission if you are a graduate student at Rollins. You are invited to do training and there are many career advancement and learning opportunities.

ConsThe busy times at work are the busy times for your classes (first few weeks, mid-term time, and finals time), but it is manageable with planning.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shiny on the outside, dull on the inside

Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsIt is an appealing school -- small size, great reputation, beautiful campus, high employee satisfaction (for most), good pay, flexibility, etc.

ConsI think this will really depend on the school/department you work in and your coworkers. I was in a very small department (just me and my manager) but we were within a larger unit with more colleagues around us. The cons for me were this:

- no real training as my supervisor was way too overworked to commit to any real time with me
    - no team dynamic at all (even though I was around other people they were not very friendly and took little to no initiative to welcome me besides the initial hello...)
    - there is a great amount of "rumbling" under the surface (although Rollins consistently rates high in employees satisfaction people are not really THAT happy... there is a lot of tension between faculty and administration and lack of confidence in the school's leadership)
    - no performance review (I was there a little over a year and never had a performance conversation... It was signed by my manager and even his manager but was never discussed with me)
    - I just didn't feel like I was being challenged (was often bored!), didn't feel like I was being invested in, and didn't feel like I had a real future there

Rollins College: A professional work environment where one can explore career goals.

Residential Assistant (Current Employee) Winter Park, FL

ProsThe students and the staff/faculty are all diverse individuals who make the campus a vibrant melting pot of knowledge.

ConsWhile most college departments are effective, I have found that other offices seem to be performing at a lower level than expected.

Good experience but alot of politics involved in advancement within departments.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat benefits, tuition remisison, great opportunities

ConsVery political, There's a definite invisible line seperating the higher up administrators from the staff . Not alot of co-mingling between departments. Many personal agendas being pushed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more money on staff morale with things such as teambuilding events away from property and rewarding excellent work. Spend less time in meetings and more time making changes by getting out there in the community with the students and staff.

I strongly dislike this place.

Student Liaison (Current Employee) Winter Park, FL

ProsPotential discount on education but that is only after years of servitude.

ConsThe people who go to the school

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect everyone, not only those with money

Great experience!

ProsGreat and nice faculty and staff!

ConsThe hours can be a little rough

creative, open-minded forward thinking employees, yet close-minded, eliteist upper management

Student Advisor (Former Employee) Winter Park, FL

ProsThe benefits are great, and there is a strong community among the employees That allows for life-long friendships, people rarely leave.

ConsThere is a strong push for excellence that sometimes leads to numb-minding, boring workshops and seminars that meant for the betterment of "the Rollins Company."

Advice to Senior Managementpromote some people!

gem of a college; weak leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Winter Park, FL

ProsBeautiful campus; enriching day to day life

Consstudents are often not serious about academics; administration is weak

Advice to Senior Managementchange leadership; hire visionary leader

Worked for Rollins College? Contribute to the Community!