Rollins

2.1

Rollins President, CEO, COO, and Director; Chairman, Orkin Gary W. Rollins
Gary W. Rollins

Contract Employees

I have been working at Rollins

Pros

Lots of work at call center with a variety of systems such as Microsoft XP/7, IE8/9/10, VoIP, wireless, mobile devices, AS400 and applications. Pleasing environment and friendly people. You will gain a lot of experience.

Cons

They regularly let good IT contractors go for minor reasons. It doesn't seem likely that a contract position will evolve into a hire position.

Their strategy must be keeping costs low but the service to in-house clients suffers.

It's not performance, it's who likes you.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Covington, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Covington, GA

I worked at Rollins full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a good amount of money to be made even with little to no experience

Cons

Others were allowed to stay longer because either a male manager wanted to sleep with them or someone else in management liked them. It has little to do with performance.

The turnover rate is high because of how management is run and the interoffice relationships are out of control. Married men and women have sex with their subordinates and it's the worst kept secret. They date to keep their jobs.

Could be great resting on old reputation

I worked at Rollins full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Training, Well known Brand name

Cons

Too much fear and intimidation style management. Not open at all. Too much focus on the bottom line and not on the horizon. Military style management. Poor utilization of tech available.

It has been said that the biggest waste is not utilizing the talents of your people. Employees are your greatest asset . Stop with the blame game, empower your people and pay them. Get up to speed on your paperless pursuit, Managers bottom line is not the way to motivate people, you will burn them out and the bad stay behind. Adopt Salesforce as your CRM tool.

I was a top sales rep, and abosultely dreaded being there

Current Employee - New Customer Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - New Customer Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rollins full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None. I was the top sales rep, with sales revenue over a million annually. I think I took home 45k?? Thanks a latte.

Cons

I had the misfortune of landing at job at Rollins Customer Service center right after I graduated college. I was put on a "sales" team that had more meetings about "office gossip" than anything of real value. My manager at the time was unqualified to lead any group of people, and probably the most negative person in a leadership role that I have ever encountered. Our job security was threatened on a weekly basis, punitive action was practiced every day, and favoritism was at an all time high. The team even sunk to a low of deleting internal lead forms so their close ratio would be higher. Unethical, unbelievable, talent beware.

Stop isolating and bastardizing people in the field. They work much HARDER & LONGER than the folks at the admin office. After the Rollins brothers are too old to run the family business, change the culture from the top down. Pay your folks a livable wage.

Unethical! I was terminated after being hit by another vehicle!!

I worked at Rollins full-time

Pros

I can't think of even ONE! Very disappointing!

Cons

Someone else makes your schedule
    12 hour days
    Minimal Equipment
    Have to pay for company vehicle
    Company doesn't care about employees

Change unethical company policies! Stand up for your employees!

Company with great work culture but moving faster could take it from good to great

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rollins full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive salary, Smart people, Motivated, Not a complicated industry, Old world charm, Surprising ahead of the curve in some aspects, Very long average employee tenure

Cons

Not-so-great benefits, Uptight dress code, VERY slow on long pending tech upgrades, No work from home

Create leadership track for younger employees who hold promise, not just for the 20+ year veterans

Absolutely terrible; negative environment, negative management, no value placed on employees, new or old.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Rollins full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No pros that I could find; knew after 1 week that it was not the place for me.

Cons

To have a department where cameras are in use very disheartening; the building I was in (RAC) was not handicapped accessible (how is that possible in 2014?). Got one positive comment in 10 weeks with the company, and I have over 30 years experience in my area of expertise.

Get some training in positive communication skills and how to train employees!!!!

Miserable company to work for- Toxic

Current Employee - Director, Information Technology in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director, Information Technology in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rollins full-time

Pros

getting a paycheck is about it.

Cons

Men must wear a tie and no facial hair- stuck in the 50's. Obsolete.
    Do you want Pest Control on Black Friday- or Are you thinking about that during the Thanksgiving Holiday? Rollins you must work black friday. Same with the day after Christmas if it falls on a weekday. Really Gary Rollins?

* Ignorant upper and middle IT management
          Obvious lack of higher education and managerial experience among upper IT management. Bullies and predators

* Obviously planning to outsource IT constantly driving good people away

* Obsolete systems -

* Nepotism and favoritism are the rule within IT. Which leads to a very scared and dissatisfied workplace. Not judged by your skills, only thing that matters is to be liked by the right people.

RETIRE!

Horrible

Current Employee - Pest Control Tech in Longwood, FL
    Current Employee - Pest Control Tech in Longwood, FL

I have been working at Rollins full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Take home truck, some benefits, not much else.

Cons

I work with managers that are incompetent, only looking out for their bonuses. Will write you up for minor infractions to show how "capable" they are. Cannot even contact mgrs. when needed for asst, only get voicemail. Threats to keep job by quantity not quality.

Cannot keep hiring new people without experience to cut costs. A lot of veteran techs will take happy customers with then to new company.

Employee Satisfaction isn't a priority

I have been working at Rollins full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Financially Stable as a company. There's a branch or location in almost every state in the US and Canada.

Cons

The culture is very conservative which leads to a lack of creativity which is attractive to young employees. Leadership isn't up to par, revolving door and there is no team work among employees. The motivation to come in and give it your all isn't there when you constantly feel restricted and oppressed.