Rolls-Royce Reviews

379 reviews filtered by
3.4
Rolls-Royce CEO John Rishton
John Rishton

Pros
  • Good work life balance possible and some very paternal (if outdated) HR policies (in 33 reviews)

• There are also good benefits and initiatives to recognize good worker (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Culture is not suitable for anyone who believes in work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Senior management tend to secure their roles through experience rather than skill (in 12 reviews)

1. A very rewarding experience. They treat the employees very well and respect the input.

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Rolls-Royce

Pros

Very friendly environment, they train you in the things you'll be doing and some more. You'll walk out with a smile and more knowledge.

Cons

The salary can be a bit better for the full time positions (from what I saw) and they should give a bit more room for moving around in the facility

Keep what you are doing, motivate your engineers, increase your worker's benefits and create a better hiring procedure. The current one is not that good.

2. Great

I have been working at Rolls-Royce

Pros

Opportunities for growth and development

Cons

very process driven aerospace industry

None

3. Work at Rolls Royce plc

Current Employee - Staff Technologist in Derby, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Staff Technologist in Derby, England (UK)

I have been working at Rolls-Royce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very informal work environment even if it is a global company

Cons

Performance Appraisal of Individuals is not objective amongst different functions

5. Good British company to work for

Former Employee - Project Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Rolls-Royce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Its Graduate Programme is one of the best in the country.
    Lots of opportunities within the company, lots of training is provided if required.
    Being an employee, you will feel proud being part of a great British Global Brand

Cons

Like any other company, politics, people, etc.

Don't lose sight of the Brand!

6. Leadership Graduate Scheme

Current Employee - Graduate (Leadership Program) in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate (Leadership Program) in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Rolls-Royce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A lot of breadth, challenging, good working hours, international exposure

Cons

Not much freedom to select roles

7. Very interesting

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Rolls-Royce as an intern

Pros

Good exposure to business and cutting edge technology

Cons

Locations in the UK are not the most attractive

8. Awesome working condition. Very likeable

I worked at Rolls-Royce

Pros

The environment is electric. You can learn so much by just being curious and focused. Nothing competes with roll royce

Cons

Very challenging. Tough timings. Very far from my hometown. Doesnt give many vacations

All are good. Nothing got to say about them

9. A 2 month review.

Current Employee - Higher Manufacturing Apprentice in Derby, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Higher Manufacturing Apprentice in Derby, England (UK)

I have been working at Rolls-Royce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The facilities at Rolls-Royce are, as you'd expect, phenominal. In the first 2 months I have been trained on CNC milling, manual milling, attended college (foundation degree) twice and i'm about to take a weeks holiday. The environment is one of trust and responsibility, but also one full of experienced characters who are all so keen to help. As a higher, I have been given my own laptop and although it only works on site (for security reasons) It is still incredibly humbling and useful. Despite the company is currently at a low point as the CEO, John Rishton, has announced a short fall in profit. That said, spirits are high and attitude is exceptional as ever.

Cons

I feel there is a lack of leadership. We have to figure our own problems out which is as expected. However, when the coolant tank needs emptying by site services and we are in week one of our job I feel it is a bit steep to make us faf around for 2 days trying to sort it out when we have got assessed tasks to be completing.

Though independance is an important quality in any aspect of life, you cannot learn to run if you havent yet walked. I feel like a little more guidance is needed for the first few steps, then we can do the rest.
    The lack of ADL made it increasingly stressful for the first few weeks, especially as mine was only declared 3 weeks ago, I know some people are still waiting to find out theirs. I feel this should be sorted before the apprenticeship start and an introduction to your ADL would have been useful on the induction day.
    It may be wise to sort something with Derby College in order for the laptops to work there. It would make completing college work at home much easier if we could have it all in one place. At the moment it is all fairly daunting - combined with the relocation, the work load from both Rolls-Royce and college.

10. Great Employer for Young Engineers

Current Employee - Defence Engineer in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Defence Engineer in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Rolls-Royce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Global company, with the option to work in a wide range of sectors including defence and civil aerospace, nuclear and marine. Training available for engineers to be able to develop in an area that really interests them. Very good holiday and payment plan. Really good work ethic from most employees!

Cons

So many employees of certain ages that there are very limited routes to progression to higher levels (and pay grades) however if you pick the right area and work well the rewards are there. As with other technical companies there are employees that have particular knowledge to a process and so when they are absent or busy this can cause bottlenecks with work further down the line.

Advise common expectations across the managers. I have worked under two, the first I was graded as significantly above expectations, the second I felt I worked harder and longer hours but only met expectations.

11. Amazing company and brand!

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Rolls-Royce full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love the culture of transparency, passion for excellence, and growth. I've been with the company for less than a year and yet I've discovered that the people at Rolls-Royce are great working with.

Cons

I'm still new to the company and as far as I know, there's nothing I've discovered the cons yet. So I guess everything is ok!