Rolta India Reviews

Reset
2.6
Rolta India Chairman & Managing Director K. K. Singh
K. K. Singh

Pros
  • Good team and immediate managers (in 7 reviews)

• Good Company for stable and career growth (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Management, Compensation, Policies, Work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• No a secular company no holidays for Eid's, New year etc (in 3 reviews)

Not a bad place to be

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Rolta India full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team environment and plenty of work. Company is expanding and has plenty of opportunities. Pay is pretty good with yearly raises for exceptional employees.

Cons

Administrative tasks (Expense reports, travel exp) can be a hassle. Upper management is not as transparent around bonuses as we would like. The goals for the practice are not outlined as well as the overall company.

Advice to Management

Let us know if we are not reaching our goals for the quarter so we can know in advance about bonuses. Letting us know a month after quarter close is not acceptable.

Worst Company to work

Former Employee - Smartplant Consultant in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Smartplant Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Rolta India full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You learn outstanding technology in world. It is partner with Intergraph

Cons

Takes a bond. Make feel employee is salve. A negative environment.

Advice to Management

Be nice with employees...........

Tough for Sales Professionals

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rolta India full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and talent especially on the consultant side. Rolta is aggressive and expanding so there is room for successful sales talent with contacts to thrive.

Cons

Unrealistic sales goals. No training for new hires and little to no support for the sales team. If you are not someone with great connections you will struggle. No real marketing either. Be prepared for prospects not to recognize the Rolta name.

Advice to Management

More realistic goals and time frames and develop much more marketing support and company training.

Company with too many directions - no real innovations

Former Employee - GIS Technician in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Rolta India full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked within a GIS Services group at Rolta's office in Alpharetta, Ga. Our department was staffed up quickly with ample opportunity for promotion within our group at the height of our client demands.

Cons

The GIS services group was a 75 member team assembled for a massive project with a single client. Our department operated wholly seperate from the rest of the company, and it often appeared in my three years there, as if there were never any real intentions of furthering the GIS services group. There were no opportunities to move up past a Team Lead position for anyone in my department. During my time with the company, there were three different Presidents, massive overhauls in staff, and consistent inconsistency from upper-level management in terms of company direction and communications. From a marketing perspective, Rolta propagates ambiguous, industry buzzwords, but lack the inter-departmental communication and consistency in direction to execute and deliver a satisfactory product.

Advice to Management

Deal in honest terms with employees. Improve communications between India and Rolta-America. Improve specialization in one area (Oracle BI Suite) and be the best at that. Stop attempting to be a jack-of-all-trades, because in 2014, that just makes you a master of none.

Like a factory

Former Employee - GIS Technician in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Rolta India full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting projects, company provides good equipment and a comfortable work space. I miss my two wide screens very much. Company seems extremely tolerant of mistakes and personal eccentricities, probably to a fault. Pay started out well below industry average, but the squeaky wheel gets oiled. Even though employees are salary non-exempt, working more than 40 hours per week is discouraged and in the rare circumstance that it is required, it is compensated in the form of 1.5x bonuses. Good place to sharpen your GIS digitizing skills, that's pretty much all you're going to do. You would really have to screw up big-time to get fired.

Cons

Lack of support from executive level in project and lead development leaves middle and senior management handcuffed. Short term outlook creates stressful and low-morale working environment. Very little advancement opportunity, and cross-training to be adaptable to multiple roles is virtually non-existent. There is no incentive and little encouragement for continuing education or building additional skills in GIS. This is a digitizing factory, and like a factory, there is a very rigid working schedule where everyone is a clock-watcher and each 15-minute increment of your day is tracked and measured.

Advice to Management

Rigid schedule is a result of management's lack of trust for employees, who are treated and monitored, and disciplined like children. In turn, employees are not motivated to improve and become complacent. It's a vicious cycle and a downward spiral. The micro-management culture and laughable executive support for the division creates an environment where the best are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities to jump ship. It's not just about money, it's also about stability, support, and development/grooming of capable, versatile employees. My advice to the Chairman and Managing Director, K.K. Singh: the time we met, you had a weak, floppy, dead-fish handshake. I was not impressed.

Stay Away - Rolta America

I worked at Rolta India full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people in the practices and sales but other than that can't think of more

Cons

Poor management, constantly changing direction and management, nothing they offer is unique compared to other leaders in this space nor are they competitive, not many quality references. Lack of respect for sales people. Could go on and on….... My advice is only go here if you are desperate, particularly if you are sales minded.

Advice to Management

None

8. Mid-size IT services company

Current Employee - Administration in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Administration in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rolta India full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, decent benefits, great co-workers.

Cons

Long hours, feel departments are short staffed and over-worked, company has high expectations that many times feel un-achievable.

Run Away

Former Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Rolta India full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of cash from India

Cons

Too many cons to list. No direction, 80%+ consultants are contractors, no support from management. It goes on and on. Take a job here only if you are desperate.

Advice to Management

Define who you are - or what you want to be. Get a message together. Focus on something instead if trying to be everything to everyone.

best

Current Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

comp comp comp comp comp

Cons

na na na na na na

Advice to Management

na

Too many chiefs and no vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

- Pockets of strong delivery talent (but overall weak) - Talented people in industry groups (Financial Services, Oil & Gas) - Good ideas in marketing (but little execution) - Handful of good, name brand clients

Cons

- No leadership...zero...nada...no one makes decisions and no one is in charge - Sales people are all staff aug type...all but one or two actually do harm. - No vision...where are we going? What are we selling? Even if sales was good impossible to do effective sales and marketing with no vision - India has too much control

Advice to Management

- Define a vision - Make decisions - Keep your talented people (let them do what they are good at) - Shed your non-performers

RSS Feed </> Embed