Rolta India Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

2.6

Rolta India Chairman & Managing Director K. K. Singh
K. K. Singh

Pros
  • Good Team Mgmt as colleagues/ coworkers are friendly and helpfull (in 5 reviews)

• Good Company for stable and career growth (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of support from executive level in project and lead development leaves middle and senior management handcuffed (in 3 reviews)

• Lack of respect for sales people (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a bad place to be

Current Employee - Managing Consultant  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Rolta India full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good team environment and plenty of work. Company is expanding and has plenty of opportunities. Pay is pretty good with yearly raises for exceptional employees.

Cons

Administrative tasks (Expense reports, travel exp) can be a hassle. Upper management is not as transparent around bonuses as we would like. The goals for the practice are not outlined as well as the overall company.

Let us know if we are not reaching our goals for the quarter so we can know in advance about bonuses. Letting us know a month after quarter close is not acceptable.

Like a factory

Former Employee - GIS Technician  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - GIS Technician in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Rolta India full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting projects, company provides good equipment and a comfortable work space. I miss my two wide screens very much. Company seems extremely tolerant of mistakes and personal eccentricities, probably to a fault. Pay started out well below industry average, but the squeaky wheel gets oiled. Even though employees are salary non-exempt, working more than 40 hours per week is discouraged and in the rare circumstance that it is required, it is compensated in the form of 1.5x bonuses. Good place to sharpen your GIS digitizing skills, that's pretty much all you're going to do. You would really have to screw up big-time to get fired.

Cons

Lack of support from executive level in project and lead development leaves middle and senior management handcuffed. Short term outlook creates stressful and low-morale working environment. Very little advancement opportunity, and cross-training to be adaptable to multiple roles is virtually non-existent. There is no incentive and little encouragement for continuing education or building additional skills in GIS. This is a digitizing factory, and like a factory, there is a very rigid working schedule where everyone is a clock-watcher and each 15-minute increment of your day is tracked and measured.

Rigid schedule is a result of management's lack of trust for employees, who are treated and monitored, and disciplined like children. In turn, employees are not motivated to improve and become complacent. It's a vicious cycle and a downward spiral. The micro-management culture and laughable executive support for the division creates an environment where the best are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities to jump ship. It's not just about money, it's also about stability, support, and development/grooming of capable, versatile employees.

My advice to the Chairman and Managing Director, K.K. Singh: the time we met, you had a weak, floppy, dead-fish handshake. I was not impressed.

Stay Away - Rolta America

I worked at Rolta India full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some good people in the practices and sales but other than that can't think of more

Cons

Poor management, constantly changing direction and management, nothing they offer is unique compared to other leaders in this space nor are they competitive, not many quality references. Lack of respect for sales people. Could go on and on….... My advice is only go here if you are desperate, particularly if you are sales minded.

None

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mid-size IT services company

Current Employee - Administration  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Administration in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rolta India full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, decent benefits, great co-workers.

Cons

Long hours, feel departments are short staffed and over-worked, company has high expectations that many times feel un-achievable.

Run Away

Former Employee - Sales  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Rolta India full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of cash from India

Cons

Too many cons to list. No direction, 80%+ consultants are contractors, no support from management. It goes on and on. Take a job here only if you are desperate.

Define who you are - or what you want to be. Get a message together. Focus on something instead if trying to be everything to everyone.

best

Current Employee - Sales  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Rolta India

Pros

comp comp comp comp comp

Cons

na na na na na na

na

Too many chiefs and no vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rolta India

Pros

- Pockets of strong delivery talent (but overall weak)
    - Talented people in industry groups (Financial Services, Oil & Gas)
    - Good ideas in marketing (but little execution)
    - Handful of good, name brand clients

Cons

- No leadership...zero...nada...no one makes decisions and no one is in charge
    - Sales people are all staff aug type...all but one or two actually do harm.
    - No vision...where are we going? What are we selling? Even if sales was good impossible to do effective sales and marketing with no vision
    - India has too much control

- Define a vision
    - Make decisions
    - Keep your talented people (let them do what they are good at)
    - Shed your non-performers

Good

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rolta India

Pros

None.It is very good experience

Cons

Not much project related environment

No room for advancement

Current Employee - GIS Technician  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - GIS Technician in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Rolta India

Pros

Great opportunity for GIS juniors or grads

Cons

No room for advancement for Senior Level GIS. Lower salaries comparied to other private sector companies

Increase salaries. Create new opportunites at work and encourage furthing education and Conference exposure.

Great place to learn GIS

Current Employee - GIS Technician  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - GIS Technician in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Rolta India

Pros

Fantastic training; patient management; interesting work; located in beautiful Alpharetta, GA; Lots of help to get you up to speed as a new GIS Technician.

Cons

Contract only for at least the first six months. After that you can become full time. Pay is average to low end for GIS Technician.

Provide more praise for good work. Provide financial incentives for work done ahead of schedule and for work with low error count.

Worked for Rolta India? Contribute to the Community!