Rooms To Go Reviews

1. It is a pleasurable place to work that allows you the growth you wish for,

Current Employee - Store Manager in Grapevine, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Grapevine, TX

I have been working at Rooms To Go

Pros

Family like atmosphere, unlimited potential for growth, excellent salary with plenty of advertising support so that you always have traffic coming in. In addition, they offer one of the best customer credit opportunities which means more quotes converted to orders!

Cons

There are no cons to speak of.

Good place to stay earning enough while you get money to be free on your own independent business

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Rooms To Go

Pros

Good Pay, real good place to save and get enough money to save to buy cash. At RTG you can make happy your biller since you will pay all your bills, but will miss the best moments with your family during the weekends.

Cons

No family together complete weekend for lifetime, not even during your vacations, vacations starts on Sunday and ends on a Sat, no human power to change that...

Advice to Management

Compensation: Best Place to work
    Benefits: Best Place to work

You lose your hard earned commissioned sales should you leave the company for any reason!

Former Employee - Sales Person in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Person in DFW, TX

I worked at Rooms To Go full-time

Pros

As a commissioned sales person RTG does plenty of advertising to bring in the traffic allowing you to make money. Their commission rate is adequate and although you must work every weekend, they gear their heaviest advertising towards the weekend so it makes it worthwhile.

Cons

They recently adopted a policy in which your last say wormed is the last day you are paid commission. Since as commissioned sales people our income is our sales, they effectively keep your last 2to 3 weeks income. The reason is that 1) there are orders that may not be in stock, 2) customers that for some reason have asked for later deliveries, 3) direct from vendor deliveries which is 3 to 6 weeks 4) you are selling the calendar as recommended which puts it a 3 or 4 days out, 5) Even express is next day or if docket is full 2 days out. These are all orders that you spent time on. Your pipeline, this is money that you made for the company but you won't get paid for. They do expect you to give a two week notice, but they do not extend the courtesy to you of at least paying your commission for 2 weeks after. Even Ashley's has done this.
    They effectively bind you to them, which is great ic you have no where else to go but, should you have to leave, whether circumstances are out of your control or for personal reasons, the divorce is harsh, swift and costly.

Advice to Management

Review your new exit policy. It is unfair, and in the long run, once it becomes known how harsh it is, will cost you good future employees. Employees who will be unwilling to risk the potential loss of income. I'm not sure what knee jerk reaction caused this although rumor on the sales floor is that it has do with losing various employees to a new competitor. This is not the proper reaction. This is not how you take care of your employees past, present or future.

It's ok

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity to make good money.

Cons

Alot of micro management...pointless meetings every day. Floods the floor with not much business

Rooms To Go Response

Mar 3, 2015Recruiting

At Rooms To Go, we don't believe in micro managing our sales staff. We want them to feel like it's their business and their opportunity to make great money. We do try to provide lots of training ... More

6. Great recruiting

I have been working at Rooms To Go

Pros

Very diverse culture, friendly and satisfying on boarding process

Cons

N/A No issues at all.

Advice to Management

N/A

7. Sales training

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Rooms To Go

Pros

Great Benefits, coworkers really care about each other. The most amazing sales training I have ever attended. I have been to a few sales training seminars but never one like I recently went to. It was at the corporate office in Tampa. I expected the usual ABC of selling. This was incredibly informative and stressed how elevating each other and yourself could change your life. It made me change my way of selling and living. I left the meeting a better sales person and more important a better person. Thank you Rooms To Go

Cons

I want more of this type of training

Advice to Management

Stay the same and thank you for caring

8. Worst co I have ever work for.
    Micromanaged. Managers need to grow a set of balls

I have been working at Rooms To Go

Pros

Nothing floors are flooded which limits your income unless you work 70 hours a week. Managers are willing to walk business.

Cons

Inexperience management. Long hours not enough pay.

Advice to Management

This is not the same company that used to be. Fear and intimidation does not work

Rooms To Go Response

Mar 10, 2015Recruiting

At Rooms To Go, we do not believe in flooding our floors with sales associates. From the Executive level down, we all believe that our sales associates are the driving force behind our success, and ... More

9. ��

I worked at Rooms To Go

Pros

Great Environment && place to grow, plus learn . Everyone always is helpful and insightful and are very family oriented .

Cons

nothing to really say. it's a great company to work for .

10. I had a very positive experience at Rooms To Go.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Rooms To Go (more than 10 years)

Pros

They have a very good training program. It gets you ready to sell in a fast paced environment, and the company is great about providing all the tools you need to make great money.
    The benefits are amazing as well. From healthcare to paid time off, they show they really do care about their employees.
    I found a very friendly and family oriented work place at every store I worked in. This is often hard to find in commission sales.

Cons

We do have to work holidays. However we get comp days for them and that's when we make the most money.

11. If you are going to be in furniture Rooms To Go is definitely the perfect place.

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have never seen a company try to find more and more ways to ensure success. With success comes guaranteed opportunity for growth. (Thanks Jeff!) Some of the many positives is that you have great benefits...which those that have research know is hard to come by especially at the rates we pay to have it. You get paid time off, 401k and advertising is insane! We are ALWAYS on TV...the newspapers... the internet... And flyers in the mail.

Cons

There is really not any negatives aside from working the nights and weekends. But for the money you make its more then a fair compromise.