Roper Apparel & Footwear

Not yet rated.

Gary Mandelbaum

It was ok.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsIf you like western apparel, they have an excellent program for employees to buy apparel at a greatly discounted rate.

ConsUpper management doesn't really knowor understand how the employees feel.

They make a good product and there are some nice perks, but management is terrible.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsYou can buy apparel and boots at a great discount. They have a corporate wellness program. (They workout at lunch.) We work 1/2 days on Fridays.

ConsIt is a two level company...management and everyone else. There is very little opportunity for advancement. There is a 401K, but no company contribution or match. The new offices are very dark. Only management can even see a window. There is an attitude that we are easily replaceable. When business is down, there are no raises, and when business is up, there are no raises, just maybe a small bonus. I've been there a few years and have never had a review. I think some of management used to be pee-ons themselves and so they take it out on their staff by treating them like pee-ons.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with your staff. Give reviews. Realize that people need to feel that they can grow. People need goals. Control freaks don't make very good managers...delegate. Act like you value your employee. Show appreciation for a job well done.

Worked for Roper Apparel & Footwear? Contribute to the Community!