Roscor

Roscor Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul Roston

well I learned alot and had a good time doing it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mount Prospect, IL

Prosexcellent benefit package, willing to give you personal time off when needed, very generous with all employees, just overall was an enjoyable place to work.

Consnot too many downsides other than the senior vp walking around trying to make some people look bad in front of others

Advice to Senior Managementwell, I've heard that the company has downsized and performing different disciplines that when I worked there. There's really nothing more I have to add.

Frustrating

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Mount Prospect, IL

ProsHighly skilled technical and design engineers.
    Broad range of manufacturers to represent.
    Design support for large and complex communications opportunities for among the best in the industry.
    Latitude to call on a wide range of client opportunities in our assigned territories.

ConsManagement structure was very frustrating to operate within.
    Family owned and operated company (two brothers).
    Management style was was to publicly berate and belittle employees.
    Very little information shared with employees.
    Never sought employee input on decisions or directions for the company.
    Senior management bullied our suppliers and manufacturers.
    Not at all a team oriented organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have an extraordinary staff. You would serve yourselves wisely to value the intellect, insights and experience of your employees.

Great fellow co-workers, unacceptable leadership by management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery knowledgeable employees. Engineers were extremely good at what they did. Good salesman, decent location. Large facility with plenty of shop area for testing and install. Decent size warehouse with room for stock.

ConsIt’s unfortunate that most former employees will all tell you the same thing. The stories of management are all true to say the least. Room for advancement was non-existent. Raises were never given out. In the 7 years that I was there I received a raise once. The owners never rewarded their employees for hard work. Instead, it was expected that going above and beyond is just on par in their eyes. Insults, scream fests and truly horrific ways that the EVP/CEO would treat each and every one of us was just sickening. Not only the smaller guys would have to take it.. I’m talking even people who had been there 20-30 years and given everything they had to the company. He had and still continues to have no respect for any single person who has ever worked for him. Same goes for the president. Extremely selfish people who would not do a favor for you if it was in dire need. They were so cheap on spending that the building looked like a dump inside and out. Even paint which was severely needed was just left as is. Broken and stained floor tiles, leaky roof in the lobby that went unfixed, massive sinkhole in the parking lot in which the solution was to place a traffic cone near it. One of the sad things was that the two owners had taken great people (managers) who had great personalities at one time and turned them into mini versions of themselves, robots who would beat up on their own people much the same. If you ever had a suggestion about how to help or advance the company, you might as well keep it to yourself. Not only would it go unrecognized but you might get screamed at just for bringing it up. They were extremely secretive and never let their employees know anything about how the company stood financially. I truly enjoyed the people I worked with including my direct supervisor. He was a good guy… one of the few managers who still had a sense of humor. Unfortunately, everything else was bad. The downfall and closing of the company was truly no surprise for me. Run a company correctly and value your employees, suppliers and customers, and the company would still be going today. Be secretive, treat your people like garbage and care less about your customers.. and you are doomed to fail. Not to mention it’s probably a good idea to actually keep equity in the company instead of the owners keeping it all. They ran the place wrong, and they never deserved to manage people.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont ever start another company. You dont deserve to have power over a single person in this world. Nobody deserves to be treated the way I did, and the rest of us did.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

extremely over worked and treated terribly by fellow employees who think they own the company and have no respect for an

ProsRoscor has some of the brightest people in the av industry working for them ,they are also some of the hardest working also

Consextremely long hours , can't get a raise. Management , and some fellow employees , will treat you as if you are garbage no matter what. Too many employees whining to their bosses all of the time. No matter what certain employees say to other employees , nothing will ever happen to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the bad employees that treat others so badly. Make roscor a work environment employees want to be everyday , not like it currently is , as employees are afraid of other employees.

Worked for Roscor? Contribute to the Community!