Rosendin Electric

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Rosendin Electric President and CEO Tom K. Sorley

Tom K. Sorley

Working for Rosendin.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefit packages are good.
    A somewhat pressurized working environment but overall good.
    Great people.

ConsLarge upper management turnover.
    A large company and easy to be considered just another number (employee).

Great ESOP

Modeler I (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsESOP, Technology, Training, Flex Schedule, Vacation

ConsPromotions, political office, upper managements understanding of daily tasks

Advice to Senior Managementcommination to mid-level and entry level personal

Don't Pay

ProsNothing to report for this company. I they treat employees with 2% pay increase.

ConsThe culture at Rosendin is really bad. With a pay increase between 2 - 3% it's really bad even though the company continues to buy 5k laptops,. iPhones, iPads and Droids. Users are still not getting the right pay

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to start taking care of their employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extra Special Company

Administrative/Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsRosendin is a company that strives to not only enhance the quality of professional skills and knowledge, of each of its employees; it, also strives to do the same for those working on assignment as contractors.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice I would give, would be to allow employees who are hired to provide administrative support to a project’s onsite senior project manager/electrical team with the option to work onsite with the team and become involved in the project’s day-to-day operations and special projects. I say this from experience because Rosendin gave me this priceless opportunity in 2007 when I was hired to work as a contractor assigned to provide administrative support to Rosendin’s electrical team working onsite at the UC Berkeley campus during construction of the Sutardja Dai Hall, part of the CITRIS/Davis Hall North Project. Initially I worked as an administrative assistant, and later was given special projects to coordinate by the onsite senior project manager. The assigned projects required frequent interaction with the project’s general contractor, university professionals, subcontractors, various construction trades and other levels of professional titles, which made it mandatory for me to learn how to work as a true team player and its importance while participating in the process project management. Because of Rosendin, I learned to lead and manage myself as an individual working with others that totaled in numbers on a scale larger than I had ever worked with before. Upon its completion, working on this project with Rosendin represented and continues to represent my most memorable and rewarding work experience.

Great place to work, but could not advance

Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsPaychecks were good every payday, had all the tools we needed,

ConsNeeded to get rid of the Sacramento Super. aka BM

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the Sacramento Super.

Very Poor Senior Management Decisions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsBenefits are great for employees/families

Cons- I was discriminated against for a promotion due to my health
    - Management doesn't listen to the employees
    - Management highly favors long time employees whom are friends with

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your personal friendships outside of the office. Learn to listen to your employees, just because someone is in a management/supervisor role does not mean they are capable of the duties

Project Management

Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits for all company employees.

Cons-Production focused.
    -Highly political.
    -Care about bottom line.
    -No loyalty to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your project managers and staff the tools to be successful and not look at them as "non-productive" overhead. Use earn value as a tool on your projects to help see how efficient the teams are spending labor dollars. Change the field bonus incentive model so it forces teams to be work collaboratively.

Ineffective Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dulles, VA

ProsGood Benefits - vacation time, salary, and health care. I enjoyed working with most of the co-workers. Some opportunity for advancement

ConsManagement at the Virginia office is uncommunicative and not productive. They don't listen to their employees and it has cost them quite a bit of business.

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsGreat money for internship, Very involved with project

ConsNo organization at all, no room for advancement it seemed, I wanted to go work other projects but I didn't know if they would keep me or not.

An experience second to none.

Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsLarge company, seeking inteligent projects, room to grow with-in the company as long as work is available. Various aspects of the electrical industry is a plus.

ConsMass hire, mass fire when times are good and bad. Did not have the opportunity to receive all the training as described available during new hire orientation.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees the tools and opportunities to grow with in. Each employee has different levels of experience. Without the employees growing professionally, the company will suffer.

Worked for Rosendin Electric? Contribute to the Community!