Rosendin Electric

Updated November 5, 2014
Updated November 5, 2014

Rosendin Electric President and CEO Tom K. Sorley
Tom K. Sorley

Great place to be employed

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Rosendin Electric full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate Management strategy is well-communicated

Cons

Many different locusts of control between managers. Here-say is very apparent when making decisions. Project management is a revolving door. On one particular project, I assisted 5 project managers over 2.5 years.

Worse Place to Work

Former Employee - Oracle in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Oracle in San Jose, CA

I worked at Rosendin Electric full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing go to report when I worked there for 2 years

Cons

ESOP is ok if the company is doing well but you have to stay 6 years to fully invested. Raises are bad.

Take care of your team. Don't make is sound like we are lucky to have a job. Why invest in your employees then turn around and give them no raises or 2% raises doesn't even cover cost of living.

OK

I worked at Rosendin Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Got work for you if your welling to work cheap.

Cons

Won't give you raise unless you ask for it.

Don't wait so long to fire people and promote those from within company.

Company president change "The great Demotivator"

Current Employee - JAFO in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - JAFO in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rosendin Electric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Rosendin many years I've seen good years and not so great years but the company was always good.. people liked working here. we appreciated our leadership and our Company president who was the Face of the company and we all knew him..it seemed as though he cared not just about the company but about the people who worked within it.. and that made people care about what they did and how they did it.. Rosendin was going places and we were all part of it.. we felt appreciated and valuable to the companies success..

Cons

Several years ago we got a new company president.. who he is.. most employees only know by name as the man is a ghost, who cares not about the employees. his new bottom line policies along with his complete failure to become the next face and responsible person for the success or failures of Rosendin shows it .. he is from the operations side of the business and only the bottom line matters.. it seems he feels as though employees, moral, determination, motivation and faith in company leadership is some else's responsibility.. over the past two years the employees under his leadership and policies have lost 24% of their ESOP plan.. what was once Rosedins selling point to new / potential employees as well as a reason to stay and work harder.. is dwindling away. Rosendin is no longer one of the best companies to work for in the bay area.. we haven't been in a few years now.. FYI leadership and success of a company starts at the top.. its also where the money is lost.. bad decisions and no responsibility... Who runs Rosendin who is this Ghost .. maybe there's a reason for his staying in the background.. I don't know all I know is the attitude and policies have reached the lower levels of this company.. and all you have to do is look around, listen and you will see and hear what employees really think about the new Rosendin..

President of Rosendin Try Toms example that seemed to resonate with folks.. and that is when you make a decision that effects the team ask yourself.... what if it was me? instead of glad it's not me.. When you're in your next executive meeting look around see how your leadership has made its way from those around you to those under them..

Good Company to work for

Current Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Rosendin Electric full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Not consistent work on the project that I am working on.

Sad

I worked at Rosendin Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Use to be a great place to work.
    Promotions from within. Management cared about their staff

Cons

Management change.
    Some managers have too big of heads. Think they are better than everyone else. Willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Management training. Listen to complaints dont just slap management on the wrist or wipe it under the rug. Especially harassment issues from supervisors. Managers taking advantage of their position.

mediorce

Current Employee - CAD Operator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - CAD Operator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rosendin Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

lots of work to go around so the day flies by pretty quickly.

Cons

to many people in management in charge over every project and not enough support for the lower-ended people on projects

get project teams to communicate better among each other. the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing.

Working for Rosendin.

I worked at Rosendin Electric full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefit packages are good.
    A somewhat pressurized working environment but overall good.
    Great people.

Cons

Large upper management turnover.
    A large company and easy to be considered just another number (employee).

Great ESOP

Current Employee - Modeler I in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Modeler I in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Rosendin Electric full-time (more than an year)

Pros

ESOP, Technology, Training, Flex Schedule, Vacation

Cons

Promotions, political office, upper managements understanding of daily tasks

commination to mid-level and entry level personal

Extra Special Company

Current Employee - Administrative/Special Projects Coordinator in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative/Special Projects Coordinator in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Rosendin Electric as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Rosendin is a company that strives to not only enhance the quality of professional skills and knowledge, of each of its employees; it, also strives to do the same for those working on assignment as contractors.

Cons

None that I can think of.

The only advice I would give, would be to allow employees who are hired to provide administrative support to a project’s onsite senior project manager/electrical team with the option to work onsite with the team and become involved in the project’s day-to-day operations and special projects. I say this from experience because Rosendin gave me this priceless opportunity in 2007 when I was hired to work as a contractor assigned to provide administrative support to Rosendin’s electrical team working onsite at the UC Berkeley campus during construction of the Sutardja Dai Hall, part of the CITRIS/Davis Hall North Project. Initially I worked as an administrative assistant, and later was given special projects to coordinate by the onsite senior project manager. The assigned projects required frequent interaction with the project’s general contractor, university professionals, subcontractors, various construction trades and other levels of professional titles, which made it mandatory for me to learn how to work as a true team player and its importance while participating in the process project management. Because of Rosendin, I learned to lead and manage myself as an individual working with others that totaled in numbers on a scale larger than I had ever worked with before. Upon its completion, working on this project with Rosendin represented and continues to represent my most memorable and rewarding work experience.

Rosendin Electric Photos