Rosetta

Updated January 26, 2015
2.6

Rosetta CEO Tom Adamski
Tom Adamski

Pros
  • Work/life balance is optimal as team members can work from home or early/late as needed (in 13 reviews)

• Able to work on big-name clients and on large projects right when you start (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance is "encouraged" but there are consequences for those who take advantage of it (in 8 reviews)

• High turnover: Most employees do not stay more than a year or 2 (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Mostly positive

I have been working at Rosetta

Pros

Great people
    Usually interesting work
    Great work life balance

Cons

High turnover
    Poor culture across offices

The hours were harsh, but the final execution made it all worth it.

Former Employee - Planning in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Planning in New York, NY

I worked at Rosetta full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A chance to work with great people and work on strong accounts.

Cons

WHen the company was bought out by a holding company. The organization lost its startup feel and attitudes changed.

Respect the talent you have. Let them do the amazing work you / I hired them to do.

Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Rosetta full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The leadership is very open and willing to help you. The benefits were pretty good.

Cons

A lot of disorganization in the company when I left as they were getting ready for a restructure.

Improve work-life balance and make it standard. I worked for some bosses who thought it was important and others who didn't.

Always changing

Current Employee - Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rosetta

Pros

Great experience and a good place to start your career.

Cons

long hours, leaders have changed often in the past few years

Need leaders not managers

**CONTRACTORS BEWARE**

Current Employee - SQA Contractor in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - SQA Contractor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rosetta as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Engaging work, when you can get it.

Cons

Often can't get it, particularly at the end of the year when I worked there. That's when they renegotiate contracts with their ad partners. As they depend on them for revenue, if there's no contract, there's no work. Hence, nothing to pay their contractors. My hours went from 40 (industry standard) to 20 the week of Christmas to 10 the next . January, I averaged about 5 hours per week. NOT a living wage.

Also, communication was ABYSMAL. Noone knew what anyone else was doing, including the managers. And good luck getting responses to your questions if your team is located remotely. 8 out of 10 of my emails and phone calls were outright ignored.

Disclose the situation upon hire so contractors know what they (potentially) are getting into. Also, if you hire someone "fulltime" (40 hours per week) then whittle their hours down to nothing, you should not be surprised if they decide to put their two weeks in to hunt for a new job. And when they do, you should allow them to work out the meager hours they have left instead of terminating them outright. I was an extremely dedicated, experienced, and if I may say so, talented worker and I deserved that courtesy ...and so did several others you unceremoniously dismissed.

A Work Hard, Play Hard Internship with Lots of Industry Training Opportunities

Former Employee - Junior Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Junior Associate in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Rosetta as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, you are treated like spoiled kids. You get to go on outings and happy hours with lots of free food. There are always treats in the office. The entire team seems to be really dedicated to making sure you have a great experience. You can take as many training courses beyond a very generous onboarding as your workload allows in whatever subjects interest you. All the employees are very smart so it is also a great networking experience. The upper level management truly have an open door policy and are willing to meet with you and answer any questions you have, or give career advice.

Cons

Performance reviews are good, but if one employee you pick to do your review secretly has a problem with you, it can throw everything off. There are going to be bad seeds anywhere but if you get stuck with one as your "buddy" it can make for a poor experience. Mine was great, but my colleague had a bad experience with hers.

Great culture, leadership, and work environment!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rosetta full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Great company culture. People are hard-working, yet rewarded for their contributions. Very flexible working hours, and a laid back environment. Wearing jeans to work is great
    - Career Managers are assigned to each employee to evaluate where you want to take your career.
    - Pay is good
    - Great Benefits
    - The people here are fun to be around! many impromptu happy hours, sports outings, etc.

Cons

a lot of change at times, but it always seems to come together.

Keep up the good work with communication to employees, commitment to career growth, and customer loyalty!

When a good firm becomes a corporate cog

I worked at Rosetta full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are still some very nice and smart people so in some circumstances it can be nice day at the office.
    ...and who would turn down free soda ; )

Maybe a good place for a recent college grads to break-in into agency life and just have a taste of what not look for in a future employment.

Cons

It used to have very good culture for innovative project and great team work but not anymore. Bad management, lack of professionalism in most areas of "expertise". People can get promoted and laid off within the same quarter. List goes on...

Stop being soulless corporation that eats its own tail and do as you say. You are in people business first.

Great place to work (for me)

Former Employee - Senior Associate, Rosetta Consulting Practice in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Associate, Rosetta Consulting Practice in New York, NY

I worked at Rosetta full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

+ Great team and office culture with plenty of events in the office or outside of the office
    + Good learning experience with many different types of projects. I learned a lot, fast.
    + Plenty of responsibility given to junior staff, with the right level of managerial oversight

Cons

- Extremely silo'd culture, with very little interaction across departments. Ignore everything in this review if you are not looking at the Rosetta Consulting group.
    - Experiences vary drastically from person to person and project to project - your mileage may vary.
    - Lots of layoffs after I left. I loved Rosetta when I was there, but I'm not sure it's still the same place.

Changes, changes and more changes

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Rosetta full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about working at Rosetta were the other employees you get to work with. Many friendships are formed and most employees really like working with each other.

Cons

Leadership was always an issue. They would say one thing and do another. They also were vague when hard questions were asked and sometimes the people who needed to know were the last to know about changes.

Reward employees who work hard and are the backbone of the company. You cannot just reward based on title alone.