Rosetta

Rosetta Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Rosetta CEO Tom Adamski

Tom Adamski

Pros
  • Great work life balance if you are not staffed on a project(in 9 reviews)

• Big name clients that look great on a resume, youthful culture for kids right out of college(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Lower pay justified with non existent work life balance(in 7 reviews)

• Long hours and there is a lack of a clean, organized collaboration process between offices(in 9 reviews)

A job

Art Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgood place to learn your trade and how big agencies tend to operate

Consbureaucratic hoops make the place super frustrating to get your job done or advance

Welcome to the Meat Grinder

Director (Former Employee) Hamilton, NJ

ProsThere are a great many talented, hardworking and loyal employees. Additionally, the office environment is very nice and the location is great for traveling to NYC.

ConsI found that senior management did a lot of talking but with no real action. Employees are pushed to their limits with promise after promise but no real delivery. For the many years I worked there, it was always the same. In addition, the road to promotion is sometimes related to who you know and what you've done for them (personally). A real "buddy" system.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace all the current long time senior management. It will be the only way to get the company back on track.

Keep away from Rosetta

Creative (Current Employee) Hamilton, NJ

ProsGood location next to train station; Starbucks coffee machine

ConsHorrible upper management. No effort is made to connect with those who are actually doing the work. Very poor at landing new business. Training is non-existent. The overall environment is very click-ish.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves. People need to feel that management has their best interests in mind. Overall morale is the worst than any agency I've been a part of. Need to learn that building morale within the agency is much more than having beer and potato chips once a month. Management is clueless.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work if you enjoy a fast pace working environment

Senior Technology Associate (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThere's a great atmosphere in Technology. Most co-workers are up out of their seats collaborating with one another to get tasks completed. The facility is very modern and the equipment they set you up with is pretty awesome.

I think the pay is pretty competitive, and the perks are just as rewarding. You are treated like an adult at Rosetta, meaning, they operate on flex hours....the expectation is simply that you properly manage your workload.

ConsThis company is definitely understaffed. The hours are long and deadlines are extremely aggressive so there is little time for hand holding here. You either sink or swim.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncorporate a more structured training for new hires. The on boarding itself is great, but once the first couple days are over, management needs to have new hires in Commerce training immediately.

Rosetta is overall a fun, exciting place to work.

Associate Designer (Current Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA

ProsThe team I work on is full of bright, talented people who love what they do and work well together to create next level work. The internal culture is good and the working environment is fun and conducive for creating great work.

ConsLong hours and there is a lack of a clean, organized collaboration process between offices. Understaffed at times. Management sometimes doesn't have a clear understanding of the skill set of associate level employees. Salaries do not reflect workload and the quality of work produced. Attrition is high and hiring is not efficient or fast enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementPoll employees to gather much needed feedback. The promotion process is too drawn out and takes far to long to take effect and salary adjustments should take place yearly. Recruitment needs to be streamlined and new policies should be put in place to explain to recruits what Rosetta does. New hires should go through a much longer on boarding process and the process should be more casual and personal.

Great people, except for senior leadership (Marketing Strategies & Insights) (marketing consultancy team)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork with great people who have strong backgrounds and experiences

50/50 chance of being placed on a project that is interesting vs. a mundane body shop project

Great work life balance if you are not staffed on a project

Cons1. Poor business planning: Not sure if it was because they were acquired by Publicis, but all of senior leadership and especially the senior leadership in Marketing Strategies and Insights now have poor business planning.

Whenever there are projects, the senior leadership ramps up hiring and in the following months a couple accounts are completed or lost, there are massive layoffs. Better business forecasting and planning can help smooth this out (less costs of hiring and ridding employees) and provide a more stable environment for better employee morale

2. Moving fiscal calendar: In the last couple years, the fiscal year has moved further and further back. (e.g. fiscal was beginning of summer then moved to August, now it is October). This is just a ploy to not pay out bonuses and promotions in a 12 month time period and they are able to avoid raises/bonuses as often as they are supposed to give it out. The worst part is the senior leadership tries to give the team the run around by believing that everybody does not notice this!

e.g. promotions are given out in Feb, and salary raises/bonuses to match are given by beginning of summer or even earlier and now are not officially taking place until end of the fiscal year (give you the responsibility but not the extra pay that is supposed to come with it)

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a vision and execute better business planning so there is less fluctuation in the level of work that is available to the rest of the staff. Understandable that the work will ebb and flow with a small/medium sized shop, but providing a stable environment is important.

Do not treat your employees like they are children (moving fiscal calendar, you don't think employees will notice?)

Lack of consistent vision and experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are smart and (for the most part) very collaborative. Interesting projects at some very good clients. When practice areas work together, the results can be very impressive.

ConsSenior management has changed "visions" a number of times over 18 months - often redefining what they want the company to be and how the different functions should work together. CEO doesn't have experience running the different types of functions assembled so operating models are still being revised.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with a single vision and try to find people who know how to better integrate the different capabilities.

Interesting, visible work

Junior Technical Associate (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsWork on visible products for potentially many big name clients.
    Business casual culture with lots of fun integrated in.

ConsNot a very high paying job for entry level web developer, not even close to what you would see for a developer in the Bay area.

Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hamilton, NJ

ProsThere's no management. You can pretty much not show up for work for weeks at a time and no one will notice. I guess thats a pro. The only decent thing about Rosetta was the vacation time.

ConsThe type of work and quality of work was terrible. Morale was horrible. They overcharge their clients then outsource the work to interns and contractors. They only care about your chargeability and that your time sheets are in on time. They lie about everything. There's no room for growth, and even if you happen to get promoted by dumb luck you'll still be doing the same terrible work you were before. One partner told a whole department outright Rosetta's salaries could never match the market rate. HR ignores you and often messes up paychecks and benefits. Pay increases if anything are laughable. The lower level employees who do the majority of the work are guaranteed no bonuses. There is no process and no communication. When I left it was during a mass exodus of miserable employees (on top of the frequent layoffs) from all departments. For all the time I worked there I could not for the life of me tell you who my boss was.

Advice to Senior ManagementShut down and cut your losses.

Smart management, stable environment and good experience

Director (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsYou will learn a lot here. Very smart people, in a rapidly growing company. Management is very prudent with their money, which means salary/benefits are OK, but you're not constantly worrying about job stability.

ConsIt is changing a lot, especially with new management and the Publicis acquisition. Management is somewhat disconnected from the day-to-day aspects of the business, which wasn't always the case. Even at a Director/VP level, you don't feel like you play a role in shaping the future of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the basics that made this a great company. Work alongside your account people, project managers and front-line creatives. They have a lot of passion for the work and the clients, yet they feel you aren't listening to your clients.

Worked for Rosetta? Contribute to the Community!