Rosetta Stone

Rosetta Stone Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Rosetta Stone President & CEO Stephen Swad

Stephen Swad

Pros
  • Learn a language at work-you have access to all 31 languages at work and at home(in 9 reviews)

• Great product and co-workers committed to language learning(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • communication from upper management not always the most clear(in 28 reviews)

• Communication from Upper Management, Work/Life balance(in 8 reviews)

Good place to work....

Director (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsBenefits, office, some senior leadership, possibilities for future success. Pay is on par with market and there is a great open door policy for the executive team.

ConsFuture is uncertain with product enhancements and moving away from CDs to mobile, web and kids products. Hopefully we can deliver against our goals and profit from the success.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate, communicate, communicate....

Excellent!

Spanish Tutor (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsExcellent people. Great tools. Opportunity to grow.

ConsKnowledge of the language and be friendly and helpful in life sessions.

Amazing company

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD

ProsI love everything about education and it's business model. I think the managers there are noteworthy.

ConsNot enough salaried positions, too much temp and contract work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive very basic stick options to new employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Friendly People

Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) Harrisonburg, VA

ProsThe work environment is great. People work well as a team and are allows open to assist you. The office is also great: free drinks and they have a nice parking area.

ConsThe training is not good. You need to learn must on your own. There are not much oportunnities to grow.

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rosslyn, VA

ProsBig enough to provide some level of stability but small enough that what you do can make a difference. Smart group of people, pleasant working environment

ConsSome managers are old school. And while they will talk about professional development depending on your department there is a good chance nothing will be done to make sure it happens as there is always something going on that puts your professional development on the back burner.

Avoid it....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a great place to work before the so called "transformation". The executives still say that it is in the "middle" of "transformation". Hopefully it creates a nice environment. I am not very optimistic though.

ConsThe people who came for the "transformation" and the people that they have brought to achieve the "transformation" has left the company in the "middle" of "transformation". I feel like it is a ship with a "don't know what to do" captain without the vital crew!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop consuming the people who brought the company to these days and the cash they built in 20+ years. I am not sure what will be left soon!

The bad outweighs the good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCasual environment. Accessible upper management. A few talented people.

ConsThe cons outweigh the pros. Too much dysfunction. Most leadership with limited experience. A lot of unhappy people who have nowhere else to go. Everyone is overworked, because every department is understaffed. Demands are big and heavy with no support.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink everything. Show appreciation to the people who are actually doing the work. Reorganize departments, hire more people to support the of amount work. Everything needs to change from top to bottom. Morale is bad and I don't believe it will get better. I'm glad I got out before it gets worse.

A Lesson in Dealing with Change, But a Good Lesson

Pros-great opportunities to develop professional skills
    -a laid back, but still professional, working environment
    -great opportunity for growth
    -wonderful way to learn a lot in a short amount of time
    -work/life balance encouraged

Cons-communication from upper management not always the most clear
    -constant changes in direction and mission can be a bit tiring and hard to keep up with

Advice to Senior Management-spend more time with front line employees to learn about the challenges they face
    -be a bit more consistent and clear with your messaging to employees.

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGreat company to work for with a lot of talented and highly motivated people.

ConsThe communication between different departments could be better.

Love the mission and vision of Rosetta Stone!

Coordinator (Current Employee) Harrisonburg, VA

ProsGreat mission with a strong management team to deliver!

ConsLong road ahead, but looking forward to growing.

Worked for Rosetta Stone? Contribute to the Community!