Rosetta Stone Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Awesome people to work with, engaging hard working, dedicated and smart.

Current Employee - E & E Sales Support in Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Employee - E & E Sales Support in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people of Rosetta Stone really are the key to their success. They are dedicated and innovative and truly care about the difference they can make by supporting an engaging and effective product line. The benefits are competitive, managers are driving communication throughout the organization. Product is effective and one that you can truly believe in.

Cons

Salary levels could be higher

Advice to Management

Focus on what we do best. Invest in systems to help back end infrastructure.

2. Great Company, Great People

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product & people are what gets me up every morning excited to do my job! The Rosetta Stone education solutions are second to none and the people we work with, internally and clients, are fantastic. Very rewarding place to work.

Cons

Just like any other company, communication can always be improved. However, this has been a big focus and the company has been making great strides.

Advice to Management

Great leadership at all levels. Rosetta Stone is headed in a wonderful direction and the future is bright! Keep the lines of communication open and keep providing wonderful solutions.

3. I feel Valued

I have been working at Rosetta Stone

Pros

The office is convenient for me and I enjoy seeing my co-workers. Support from my co-workers and management is helpful and inspiring.

Cons

Communication can be improved to instill greater company wide connection to each other.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote inter and intra office communication - including remote employees.

5. It's an everchanging whirl-wind of corporate business and new opportunities.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth Potential, Professional Team, Travel, Networking, Salary, Remote Work Options. Flexibility.

Cons

Unease with many layoff's in our past history. Departments don't know what other departments are doing and there is not a team which centralizes communications/documents etc. Some teams are less organized and professional than others.

Advice to Management

Keep doing yearly, bi-yearly questionnaires. Commit to do a few things well.

6. Not perfect, but who is...?

I have been working at Rosetta Stone

Pros

Rosetta Stone has always attracted the best kind of people. I get along extremely well with the vast majority of my co-workers. I began my career here 4 years ago and have held 4 different positions demonstrating a) the type of change that you should expect, but also b) the career development opportunities within. Strong work-life balance is encouraged.

Cons

Communication (upward and interdepartmental) tends to be a weakness. Don't offer great perks, professional development opportunities.

Advice to Management

Demonstrate stronger value for your employees' opinions and career paths.

7. Good place to work for the most part

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and culture here are really great. There are lots of young people in the office, and it's very laid back. I wear jeans to work everyday. My manager is flexible about my vacation and generally very accommodating. Also, I have found that the pay here is very good, esp compared to other companies in the DC area. I have a great work/life balance as well.

Cons

There is a resistance to change. Even when something doesn't work, the CEO and CFO don't want to change things up. I get stuck doing busy work, and don't feel like I'm adding value. Even though I've brought this up with my manager, things have not changed. I don't feel like I'm growing enough in my career here.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Get candid responses and take action. When things don't work, try something else.

Horrible leadership

Former Employee - Content Writer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Content Writer in Washington, DC

I worked at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some flexibility in hours possible, as more work will likely be forced to completion. No work life balance for some and no work at all for others, just taking advantage.
    New executive came wit friends and fired everyone, without assessments.

Cons

Unfortunately this company has been suffering the leadership issues with wrong decision making. Every time it went wrong, people who actually knew tasks were also fired and more expensive consultants and managers were brought in.

Advice to Management

Consider keeping good quality people and do not hire someone who does not know the business of this category. Evaluate and promote in-house people who knows tasks as core, and use consultant to help as sparks or cut cost.
    Getting rid of people and getting others who can do similar jobs badly or slowly in twice more salary - this is counterproductive and harmful for stock and company existence.

9. Solid part-time work.

Current Employee - Language Coach
    Current Employee - Language Coach

I have been working at Rosetta Stone

Pros

Teach from home (huge benefit through winters), flexible regarding scheduling & time off.

Cons

Leadership does not listen to teachers regarding shaping the curriculum; often times leads to the feeling of selling snake-oil; little pay for language tuition.

Advice to Management

Bump in teacher's pay, offer more regular/daytime hours

10. Wonderful Place to Work!

I have been working at Rosetta Stone

Pros

They really value the employees and constantly strive to improve products, processes, etc. My manager is quite honestly the best I've had and from the top down they care about delivering high quality products without sacrificing employees' work-life balance.

Cons

Some good people have left, but there are still so many great ones working here.

11. The company is changing...

I have been working at Rosetta Stone

Pros

The culture at Rosetta Stone is one of a kind. Never have I worked with so many talented people. The product speaks for itself and our consumers know that. It is a product I believe in -- which is extremely important for the places I decide to work.

Cons

I have been with Rosetta Stone for over 2 years and I have noticed a decline in the attention to the consumer and the employees. There used to be social events within the company and company outings. Now, we have cut back on a lot of those little things that boosted moral and created a team atmosphere. Regarding the consumers, we seem to not care about customer satisfaction as much as we used to. Seems to be profit driven now, and it makes me sad that a once phenomenal company is turning "corporate" like the rest of the lot. Sad day indeed.

Advice to Management

Simply *listen*

RSS Feed </> Embed