Rosetta Stone Reviews

Updated May 1, 2015
220 reviews filtered by

1. Overall a great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people, flexible schedules, open time off plan, decent benefits, good culture, fair pay. Solid reputation, great product.

Cons

Could use cultural improvements in high tech markets to stay competitive with start ups and companies like google, facebook, and apple.

2. Making the world a better place, one reader at a time

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rosetta Stone our parent company, so pros are: good benefits, wellness programs (fresh fruit delivered weekly, monthly massages), very approachable management staff, and there's a lot of opportunity to develop new ideas and lead projects. Also, high quality reading intervention products!

Cons

Sometimes the timelines for products on the roadmap are quite tight, leading to some unrealistic expectations. The management is open to adjustments, though, and helping figure out how to make things happen. There are still some challenges with cross department communication - but nothing out of the ordinary! It's a bit still unclear how the career ladder from our company will be influenced by the parent company.

3. Boulder office is a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Rosetta Stone

Pros

Rosetta Stone is an interesting company with cool products and is undertaking a serious effort to become a general learning company, nit just a language learning company. The company has offices all around the world and the Boulder office where I work is an excellent work environment. Being a software engineer, I just need to be provided with a fast Mac, a fast network, coffee and snacks. Rosetta Stone provides all of these and the people in the Boulder office are fun, friendly, and helpful. Definitely a good gig.

Cons

Working on distributed Agile teams is a bit of a problem, but we are are trying out some new Agile approaches (SAFE) so the company is trying to get teams as highly functioning as possible.

Advice to Management

Become a truly agile workplace, challenging, bit it will be well worth the effort.

5. Very Supportive!

Current Employee - Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Rosetta Stone for just under a year, and it has been an amazing company to work for! They are conscious about the work-life balance, always looking for feedback and responding to every suggestion they receive and open to change as needed. It is a wonderful group of people to work with!

Cons

As a large organization, we are still looking to improve communication across business units and smoothing out workflow from one unit to another.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your transparency and open communication!

6. Innovative Leader in the Education and Learning Space

I have been working at Rosetta Stone

Pros

Everything about Rosetta brims about how to serve Educational and Learning needs in the digital age. There are great here that have assembled to work with public and private institutions to improve and enhance communication skills and grow learning experiences whether they be for ESL, World Languages, Literacy, or Brain Fitness. This is a great place to work because your ideas are valued and "out of the box" thinking is encouraged.

Cons

Change is sometimes slow to come, but your voice is always heard and it sometimes takes time for the wheels of the enterprise to turn. As with many corporations, there is a vetting process created to ensure a system of checks and balances.

Advice to Management

Continue to value innovative ideas - where acquisition provides a short-cut, continue to do so.

Sales rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Rosetta Stone part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome company, very laid back work enviorment

Cons

Hours and pay are VERY unstable.

8. Fun & Collaborative Environment

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time

Pros

Rosetta Stone fosters an environment with a great sense of teamwork and collaboration. As long as you're in line with departmental expectations, managers always have your back, and coworkers across departments are very supportive and eager to help one another out. And the Rosetta Stone products are great!

Cons

As will any job, there can be frustrations due to a lack of communication from executives, inconsistencies with holding employees accountable, and the repetitive nature of some tasks.

9. Great company doing some really cool things

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Passionate, smart people and good leadership
    - Access to the right tools to do your job
    - Teams are always looking to improve process and are willing to make changes
    - Very generous time-off policy

Cons

- Co-located teams... you have all the right tools but you lose out on team building without the face-to-face
    - There could be better communication between departments

Typical corporate structure with typical office politics.

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are excellent, but you usually can find that at most companies.

Cons

Rosetta Stone has increasingly become more corporate since I first arrived. In my department, you are expected to meet ridiculous QA and productivity goals. A lot of opportunities to move up in company, if you have played the typical corporate politics. Definitely not a meritocracy. It just depends on who you know. I am sure most of management got in their positions of power the same. Incompetent management. Definitely a feeling of a class system between departments as well. I feel like a second rate employee within my department even though I regularly am one of the most productive agents, just because I do not play the fake corporate politics game. And then on top of that, my department seems to be considered a second rate department. Also, communication is horrid between departments.

Advice to Management

Low level management and mid level management needs to be re accessed. My department has had a lot of turnover in the last year, especially 6 months, and most of that is because of the bipolar nature of our expectations and policy, management's favoritism of particular employees, policy not being administered evenly, and just the negative atmosphere management has created and sustained. The only way to advance within the company is to best buddies with your supervisor and be a yes man. Nobody wants to speak up because they fear repercussions and not being able to advance. But most people just quit or get put on PIPs and CARs to be forced to leave or not advance.

11. Great company with great culture and come with great responsiblity and great benefit.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very proactive and working together to build something great for soci

Cons

The products will need to be integrated.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing with the product and people.

Rosetta Stone Photos