Rosetta Stone Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Great Company. The Leader in Learning Software.

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time

Pros

This is an entrepreneurial environment with very exciting growth opportunities. The company produces industry leading language learning products, and has a very strong and enthusiastic customer base.

Cons

Things are not as structured as they could be. You have to be very focused, and very good at prioritization. Otherwise, you can be easily de-railed by random requests.

Advice to Management

Focus on a few core activities (and products). Do those things really well. Everything else is noise.

hmmm... yeah, really not a good company

Former Employee - Web Developer in Harrisonburg, VA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Harrisonburg, VA

I worked at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual dress policy. It wasn't unusual to see the CIO in shorts and flip flops in summer.

Cons

The currently leadership is driving the company off the cliff thanks to a series of mis guided product/company acquisitions and poor profit results. Don't take my word for it. Rosetta Stone (stock ticker RST) is a publicly traded company... Look at the performance of the S&P, NASDAQ and DOW over the last 12 months and then see RST's flatlined/declined performance growth against that. This is a company that will be lucky if it's still around in a year's time. If you'e considering RST as a career it may very well be a short lived one.

Advice to Management

Promote people who actually do their job well, rather than individuals who instead shower you with attention.

Great Product, Mediocre Company

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

- I really believed in the product, and used it often (still do today) - My manager at the store level was excellent - Decent before-commission pay

Cons

- Unrealistic goals were the same for all locations, regardless of demographics - Commission amounts were constantly being cut, and sales required to get any commissions constantly increasing - Not allowed to create marketing ideas for individual locations, and no response to local ideas from corporate

Advice to Management

The product is great, the employees are generally passionate about learning an cultures, so listen to them.

5. Great company... and one that is working towards the future!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the top down, the people are friendly and eager to answer questions and make life for you easy and becoming a member of Rosetta Stone flawless. The technology to help you do you job is top notch. A great benefit is being able to utilize the Rosetta Stone software to learn another language so I can grow with the company.

Cons

Sometimes there is a breakdown in communication. However, if you ask, you usually get a timely response.

Advice to Management

Keep asking questions. It helps reduce anxiety of being the new person when you get asked if everything is working well for you or are there any problems.

6. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Pros

Work environment is helpful and understanding while keeping the company's interests in mind. They truly know and appreciate that people are what make the company. It is also understanding for extreme and difficult situations in lives. And while there are times when you have to work hard, there are times you get to play hard. Just a generally fun company to work for with great possibilities.

Cons

I have been with the company a few years, and the health benefits are not nearly as good as they were when I started. They are definitely not the worst I have ever had. I must have gotten spoiled with how great they were when I got here.

Advice to Management

I know benefits are a cost to the company, but they also motivate the employees. And some of your employees need it more than others. Extremely good and affordable benefits would be excellent. Like we had 4 or so years ago. And maybe, just maybe, be a model for other businesses. Shave a few percent off the high execs salaries and give a bigger piece of the pie to the employees. That would give some LONG term people who care.

Pretty Good, but Not Great

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job has been a great door opener and I loved all of the people there. The pay was competitive, the benefits were good, and the work-life balance was good. The role I had was expanded to fill the needs I had as far as professional growth, which I appreciated.

Cons

The individual people were generally very nice, but there was some rivalry between departments that can be distracting to a point of being detrimental. The upper management was not as good as they could be at making tough decisions or conflict resolution.

Advice to Management

People here did not trust the management, particularly in the upper levels. There was communication that should happen more often that didn't and employees could sense it. My advice would be to be more upfront with your staff, and to trust them when making decisions, and then stick with the decisions you make.

8. It's trying to be great

Pros

Passionate people, learning is the goal, customer is important

Cons

Short term financial results out weigh future vision

Advice to Management

Don't forget about why you came here

9. Awesome people to work with, engaging hard working, dedicated and smart.

Current Employee - E & E Sales Support in Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Employee - E & E Sales Support in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people of Rosetta Stone really are the key to their success. They are dedicated and innovative and truly care about the difference they can make by supporting an engaging and effective product line. The benefits are competitive, managers are driving communication throughout the organization. Product is effective and one that you can truly believe in.

Cons

Salary levels could be higher

Advice to Management

Focus on what we do best. Invest in systems to help back end infrastructure.

10. Great Company, Great People

I have been working at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product & people are what gets me up every morning excited to do my job! The Rosetta Stone education solutions are second to none and the people we work with, internally and clients, are fantastic. Very rewarding place to work.

Cons

Just like any other company, communication can always be improved. However, this has been a big focus and the company has been making great strides.

Advice to Management

Great leadership at all levels. Rosetta Stone is headed in a wonderful direction and the future is bright! Keep the lines of communication open and keep providing wonderful solutions.

11. I feel Valued

Pros

The office is convenient for me and I enjoy seeing my co-workers. Support from my co-workers and management is helpful and inspiring.

Cons

Communication can be improved to instill greater company wide connection to each other.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote inter and intra office communication - including remote employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed