Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
www.rosewoodhotels.com Dallas, TX 50 to 149 Employees

Rosewood Hotels & Resorts Reviews

Updated Mar 17, 2014

Radha Arora

Enjoyed my time working at rosewood hotel

SPA Fitness (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat benefits and good pay. Nice environment to work in.

ConsThere are no cons that I can think of.

Poor

Club Line Cook (Former Employee)

ProsAccessible Location In Thriving Uptown neighborhood

ConsReally Bad Management & They Do Not Promote Fro Within

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote From Within

Nice place to work.

Server (Former Employee)
    Menlo Park, CA

ProsAfter working with the company for a year, employees are issued nights to stay at other properties. The view is also a pro.

ConsIn the beginning, I was led to believe that there was happiness and equality throughout the hotel but little did I know that front of house staff are literally looked at like scum.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no management or consistency throughout the hotel.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Expanding Company, Need for Structure

Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)

Pros- Good benefits (401K, Health, Dental, Sick Leave, 2 weeks vacation per year)
    - Employees get a lot of exposure to different areas of the company
    - The expansion of the company is bringing a lot of new and exciting locations worldwide

Cons- Certain departments/teams do not invest in their employees to help them grow
    - Lack of communication throughout the entire collection which leads to disorganization
    - Guidelines are not set in place for certain positions, which leads to burdening other employees with responsibilities that are not theirs

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more structure to your teams both on-property and remote. This will allow for more organization and efficiency in each branch of the collection. It will also allow for more growth as employees will be focusing on their departments and duties rather than being spread too thin.

Potential..if recognized

Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe properties are amazing and continuously expanding, decent benefits, a large number of quality personnel and managers. Good training programs in place, if your property decides to use them.

ConsSome of the properties seemed to get overlooked by the corporate management structure and are seemingly left on their own without the proper support, training and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all of your properties equally, not just the ones that bring in the highest revenue or profit, etc.

Disorganized, Unethical Failure of a Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSeveral properties in nice locations around the world.

ConsThey are extremely "lost" right now. Rosewood was bought out in the past couple of years by a big company from Hong Kong. Since then, the company has changed dramatically for the negative. It seems that they breed dishonesty, make decisions that are unethical, make changes without thinking them through and cover up issues. I experienced lies, disrespect and eventual misery working for Rosewood and had been with the company for many years. After the buyout things started to change and began to get worse and worse and I believe this pattern will continue for some time until they figure out how to move forward and until they really make an effort to check in with those people that work day to day running their hotels. Many employees think that Rosewood's Corporate office, which has been going through lots of changes (sudden announcements that Corporate officers are no longer with the company), reorganizations, and so on is falling apart and will no longer be housed in Texas, but probably overseas. This company does not know how to get rid of the poisonous, weak people and bad eggs in their organization, or they are too afraid to. They don't think about their actions and who they put in charge. I saw the property where I worked go downhill when they put a person in charge who was so out of place and miserable to work for that long time employees started to quit because they couldn't stand going to work every day. They never knew what was coming and were fearful for their jobs and their sanity. How was that a right move? Did anyone at Corporate even think of what they were doing by putting a person who behaved like a dictator in the role and how the employees would be affected? It sure didn't seem so. In the end, I was incredibly disappointed by the company, its senior management and its lack of respect for all its employees. Even though I am eligible for rehire because I'm the one who quit, I would never again apply to work for this flailing, failing company. Good luck to those who do!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a backbone, get organized, figure out what to do so you don't crumble and disappear and think about your actions. The way the company is right now is so far from the vision of the old Rosewood that soon you'll need all new staff to replace those that leave because of your misguided, unethical direction and treatment of them. I used to like working for this company and looked forward to a long career with Rosewood, but left because I couldn't stand working somewhere where there is such weakness and such a lack of respect for employees. It's like Hong Kong is dictating to and pulling the strings of a bunch of puppets in Dallas. Do you really listen, do you really care and do you really respect the people that work for you??? It doesn't seem so.

Poor company to work, out of touch with employees.

SPA Attendant (Former Employee)
    Menlo Park, CA

ProsNice properties, generous 30% off at the spa.

ConsPoor Health care, no holiday pay/extra benefits, Management out of touch with employees, Management don't back employees, Lots of favoritism, bad food in cafeteria and employees work many hours with nothing to show for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees they can be a big help. If you say employees are "Internal Guests" treat them like it.

Great place to work

Director (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGood work/life balance, very supportive managers, free room nights

ConsCertain systems and processes are a little outdated

great people

(Current Employee)
    Menlo Park, CA

ProsThe management provides very flexible working hours to accommodate each person's need, especially when it comes to furthering one's education. The company also has tuition reimbursement for classes taken within your field of work. They are always finding new ways to be more green and innovative.

ConsDepending on which department you work with, relocation to a sister property is the only way to get a promotion. There is no continuous flow through of communication between departments which makes exceeding expectations of guests' a very difficult task.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice for Corporate: revise some of your policy and procedures as some are merely impossible to apply. For example: the void procedure in the food and beverage departments.

Rosewood, CA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Pros-The property I worked for was beautiful!
    -Flexible hours
    -Training program was very informative
    -Meeting high profile guests

Cons-Food and Bev department was very disorganized
    -Many employees disliked their job, creating a negative environment
    -Employees slacked off and got away with it
    -Lack of communication between many departments
    -Holidays do not exist anymore

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganization. Organization. Organization. Cannot stress that enough! Also management needs to work on terminating employees who create an unhealthy work environment and slack off.

Worked for Rosewood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rosewood Hotels & Resorts CEO Radha Arora . All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Rosewood Hotels & Resorts employees.