Rosewood Hotels & Resorts

Rosewood Hotels & Resorts Reviews

Updated January 21, 2015
Updated January 21, 2015

Radha Arora

Enjoyed my time working at rosewood hotel

Former Employee - SPA Fitness in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - SPA Fitness in Dallas, TX

I worked at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and good pay. Nice environment to work in.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Disorganized, Unethical Failure of a Company

I worked at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Several properties in nice locations around the world.

Cons

They are extremely "lost" right now. Rosewood was bought out in the past couple of years by a big company from Hong Kong. Since then, the company has changed dramatically for the negative. It seems that they breed dishonesty, make decisions that are unethical, make changes without thinking them through and cover up issues. I experienced lies, disrespect and eventual misery working for Rosewood and had been with the company for many years. After the buyout things started to change and began to get worse and worse and I believe this pattern will continue for some time until they figure out how to move forward and until they really make an effort to check in with those people that work day to day running their hotels. Many employees think that Rosewood's Corporate office, which has been going through lots of changes (sudden announcements that Corporate officers are no longer with the company), reorganizations, and so on is falling apart and will no longer be housed in Texas, but probably overseas. This company does not know how to get rid of the poisonous, weak people and bad eggs in their organization, or they are too afraid to. They don't think about their actions and who they put in charge. I saw the property where I worked go downhill when they put a person in charge who was so out of place and miserable to work for that long time employees started to quit because they couldn't stand going to work every day. They never knew what was coming and were fearful for their jobs and their sanity. How was that a right move? Did anyone at Corporate even think of what they were doing by putting a person who behaved like a dictator in the role and how the employees would be affected? It sure didn't seem so. In the end, I was incredibly disappointed by the company, its senior management and its lack of respect for all its employees. Even though I am eligible for rehire because I'm the one who quit, I would never again apply to work for this flailing, failing company. Good luck to those who do!

Get a backbone, get organized, figure out what to do so you don't crumble and disappear and think about your actions. The way the company is right now is so far from the vision of the old Rosewood that soon you'll need all new staff to replace those that leave because of your misguided, unethical direction and treatment of them. I used to like working for this company and looked forward to a long career with Rosewood, but left because I couldn't stand working somewhere where there is such weakness and such a lack of respect for employees. It's like Hong Kong is dictating to and pulling the strings of a bunch of puppets in Dallas. Do you really listen, do you really care and do you really respect the people that work for you??? It doesn't seem so.

Poor company to work, out of touch with employees.

Former Employee - SPA Attendant in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - SPA Attendant in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice properties, generous 30% off at the spa.

Cons

Poor Health care, no holiday pay/extra benefits, Management out of touch with employees, Management don't back employees, Lots of favoritism, bad food in cafeteria and employees work many hours with nothing to show for it.

Listen to your employees they can be a big help. If you say employees are "Internal Guests" treat them like it.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, very supportive managers, free room nights

Cons

Certain systems and processes are a little outdated

Rosewood, CA

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-The property I worked for was beautiful!
    -Flexible hours
    -Training program was very informative
    -Meeting high profile guests

Cons

-Food and Bev department was very disorganized
    -Many employees disliked their job, creating a negative environment
    -Employees slacked off and got away with it
    -Lack of communication between many departments
    -Holidays do not exist anymore

Organization. Organization. Organization. Cannot stress that enough! Also management needs to work on terminating employees who create an unhealthy work environment and slack off.

great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The management provides very flexible working hours to accommodate each person's need, especially when it comes to furthering one's education. The company also has tuition reimbursement for classes taken within your field of work. They are always finding new ways to be more green and innovative.

Cons

Depending on which department you work with, relocation to a sister property is the only way to get a promotion. There is no continuous flow through of communication between departments which makes exceeding expectations of guests' a very difficult task.

Advice for Corporate: revise some of your policy and procedures as some are merely impossible to apply. For example: the void procedure in the food and beverage departments.

Hard, hurts your feet, but make great money

Current Employee - Lounge Server in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Lounge Server in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts part-time (less than a year)

Pros

GREAT tips, fun people, nice management

Cons

weird things go on that you can't control, sometimes there are really difficult customers, some employees are tacky and don't have high enough standards

Make sure employees agree with the standards of the clients.

I really enjoyed working at the Carlyle Hotel In Manhattan.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Great Benefits that include free stays around the world, beautiful property, nice people to work with, ability to move around in different roles, easy to access through subway

Cons

Old building that is in desperate need of repair (back of house), tough (but fair) management, The hotel has their set ways of doing things and there is no ability to go around that.

I would work on improving the back end facilities so that the hotel increases its efficiency. Elevators in back are slow because housekeeping's processes are very antiquated.

Awful experience.

Former Employee - SPA Attendant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - SPA Attendant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

The pay is great, commission is awesome too. Discounts on services and food are good. Coworkers were pleasant, departments were friendly. Free hotel stays if you make it long enough.

Cons

Management failed to communicate, let go because I broke my foot, unwilling to work with me, constant negativity, rarely mentioned the positives, nobody knew what was going on and everyone had been told something different, management doesn't know software... lack of communication.

Please quit moving people randomly around departments. Try to hire someone qualified to run the show. Offer tech classes. Give all employees emails so we know what's going on and when.. COMMUNICATE with all of us, please.

It's Ok

Current Employee - Room Service Order Taker in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Room Service Order Taker in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Free room nights per years

Cons

Can not advance in a career.

hmm.