Ross Medical Education Center

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
George Grayeb

Great Place to Work-Miss working there!

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Ross Medical Education Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a solid process they use for Admissions. They are constantly checking in on employees and helping improve the experience.

Cons

PTO has to be used for snow days.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Worst work environment ever!

Former Employee - Admissions Representative
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative

I worked at Ross Medical Education Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing. I would give "0" stars if I were able to do so.

Cons

They will emotinally abuse you and expect you to be happy and all smiles about it. If you go to upper management to express your concerns they will tell you that you are "unprofessional". There is very little positive reinforcement and push you to do better out of fear. When I finally left I felt like I was leaving an emotionally abusive relationship and felt like I had Stockholm syndrome. There is seriously nothing good or beneficial to working for Ross.

Advice to Management

Stop being Hitler and treat your employees with respect and as adults capable of doing their job.

Pros and Cons

Current Employee - Instructor, Clinical Medicine in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Instructor, Clinical Medicine in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Ross Medical Education Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love teaching my students who want to be there. The lesson plans are well thought out and the tests are at an appropriate level to prepare the students for certification. I get lots of support from our Director, Asst Director, Financial Aid, Career Services, and Admissions.

Cons

Will never be allowed to work full time. Pay could definitely be better. Biggest problem is that you're expected to attend meetings, tutoring sessions, office hours, training calls, and paperwork time: all unpaid. I spend probably an extra 8 hours a week working without pay.

Advice to Management

The instructors are essentially the backbone of this company, yet they are offered no benefits, and are expected to work without pay. This needs to be remedied to keep instructors for longer than a year or two.

Ross College

Current Employee - Online Adjunct Instructor in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Online Adjunct Instructor in Flint, MI

I have been working at Ross Medical Education Center (More than a year)

Pros

Great People to work with and for! Excellent Communication! Flexible Online teaching opportunity. Staff Development. Great College with dedication to student achievement and personal success.

Cons

No full time available for Online instructors. Pay scale is stagnant and does not increase with education/certifications.

6. Just say no

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Louisville, KY

I worked at Ross Medical Education Center full-time

Pros

students get a good education when they attend Ross Medical Education center. It's a good job to grow a thick skin.

Cons

the management in admissions is rude, condescending and belittles the team. The RDoA and EVp of admissions are henchmen for CEO.

Advice to Management

To the board executive team acts the way they do because it's business as usual for the ceo! I'm sure he gave himself a bigger cola/merit then he deserved. Wake up - board - people work at Ross to gain experience and fly because they are treated terrible and paid low.

Awesome!

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions
    Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions

Pros

Very fast paced environment. Management and staff is great.

Cons

Not enough time to eat during the day!

8. Run while you can

I worked at Ross Medical Education Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many students were wonderful and worked hard. Others had the attitude that "I am paying for this so I can do what I want. They pay was good.

Cons

Admin is awful. More like Mean Girls in high school. You are either sitting at the cool kids table or not. And if you are not they will make your life miserable. They are ripping these kids off just to boost numbers. Jobs are scarce but they lead students to believe that they will be employed immediately. Huge loans with low return is the norm

Advice to Management

Listen to people have legit concerns. See past the clique to see what is really going on.

If you need guidance daily work here

Current Employee - Will Not Dislose in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Will Not Dislose in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Ross Medical Education Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a great opportunity to get experience.

Cons

Low paying, never intellectually challenging. The job really is a production job - you see so many people and if you follow the process they should enroll, if you kiss their butts and spoon feed them the education they will graduate and gain employment. There is no "magic" here, they don't even talk students into attending. Its just a process; this is why management is not hiring quality people they hire people that have been told the job would be different, job hoppers, career steppers or people that are the caliber of the entry level wage. The go-getter that ends up taking the job, they will leave within a year. People generally come into the job thinking "they" are going to change the world, give back and really drive activity. Its discouraging when you get in and its just a process, with excessive reporting and rude management ( executive level) no merit raises and a short staffed over stressed team. Some reviews on this page spoke about metrics and knowing the importance of metrics: in this company everything is measured. Metrics just a diplomatic way to say micromanagement which is a good way to say "trust issues" . The HC/benefit package is limited. Time off is limited, paid once a month. Culture is stressful and the team is short staffed, because of the nature of being talked down to in the job or the general lack of trust to get the job done everyday promotes a culture of high turnover or people that have not been in the position and need quality training (which is limited here). Its Ross wide not just one location.

Advice to Management

Stockholm syndrome is not a suggested management strategy for gaining loyalty of your team. Reward those that achieve not those that are close to you.

10. Fantastic Experience

I worked at Ross Medical Education Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was proud to be part of a company that offered quality health education programs in a practical, efficient setting. In my many positions with Ross, I most appreciated the emphasis placed upon high standards, integrity and the best possible education for the students.

Cons

At the time that I left, my position required extensive travel.

Advice to Management

I am not familiar with the current senior management.

Complete Con and Place Should be Shut-Down!

Former Employee - Admissiosns Representative in Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Admissiosns Representative in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Ross Medical Education Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have absolutely nothing positive to say about this employer- the best days of your week are Saturday and Sunday because you do not have to work!

Cons

I left my former employer to take a job as an Admissions Rep at Ross because of how the company was presented to me during the interview process. It was branded as a school that helps people who would otherwise be working minimum wage jobs get an education and get out of poverty. COMPLETE LIES. Here is the truth: Ross is a for profit school and care about nothing more than the bottom line, money. As an Admissions Rep, we are trained that EVERY potential student we meet with should attend Ross no matter their circumstances and whether or not this is really the best place for them. If a student does not enroll, it is considered your fault and you are constantly harassed, belittled, and bullied by management. Further their best idea for recruiting students is to make you spend all day calling "leads" most of which have never even heard of the school. The methods are nothing short of harassment as we call the same people 3 times a day and are taught to not take "no" as an answer. After a short time there, I soon discovered that the school is really nothing more than a successful sham. We are getting students to enroll in programs that cost $15,000+ for a CERTIFICATE that can get them a job that barely pays over minimum wage. What's worse is that all the credits earned are not transferable, therefore the student cannot even further their education at another school. The graduate statistics they have available are misleading at best- for example, they consider a job as a receptionist at an eye doctor's office a successful placement as a DENTAL ASSISTANT. Even more troubling is that they pass students at any cost because they want their full tuition money; thus, graduating ill- prepared individuals who will either never find employment or risk hurting others in their care. For me, resigning from my job came down to morality. I felt like what I was doing was wrong and essentially I was being forced to take advantage of young, low income, naïve single mothers- the bulk of their student population. I would like nothing more than to see this school shut-down and I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before a class-action lawsuit causes the whole scheme to go under.

RSS Feed </> Embed