Ross University

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great place

Senior ADA (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible, good place to work

ConsLack of communication from executives

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more information

Highly political and dysfunctional management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to help students who want to become doctors
    Input is appreciated and heard

ConsHighly political and high school drama is prevalent
    No clear separation of roles and departments
    Departments were shifted to other states
    Very high turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementClear up roles and responsibilities and build a team environment

Once upon a time...

Admissions Associate (Current Employee) North Brunswick, NJ

ProsWork life balance, benefits, good coworkers, fair reimbursements

ConsOpportunities for growth, poor communication, naive upper level management

Advice to Senior ManagementOnce upon a time Ross University was an excellent place to work, but with much employee relocation, poor communication from the higher ups, little to no room for growth, and a growing "corporate" environment, the university I was once proud to represent has gone the way of other for profit schools. I find myself making phone calls to prospective students, sending an enormous amount of emails, and trying to "sell" the university rather than speak as an admissions professional.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is great.

Administrative Staff (Current Employee) Roseau (Dominica)

ProsGreat environment., Great employee benefits.

ConsMay have to commute to and from work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this moment

Exploits locals

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Basseterre (Saint Kitts and Nevis)

Prosfree education only pay for books, staff and staff relationships

Conshorrible pay, unfair treatment for locals, no advancement opportunities, every man for themselves mentality, too many management relationships

Advice to Senior Managementtreat the people who make your company a success much better!

Pleasant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen I was there, Ross U was wealthy enough to hire an army of temps and contractors, as well as supply water coolers, a Keurig brewer, and the occasional catered lunch. Even if you're only a temp, Ross will treat you as well as their regular employees and help you blend in. Many of the temps or contractors are eventually offered full-time positions if they stay long enough. The culture is very laid-back.

ConsWith all the growth and increased staffing, the office felt crowded at times. The cubicles and conference rooms always felt a bit cramped to me. The temps and contractors are there because the regular staff is often overworked. Expect to deal with some screeching hens and the smell of everyone's lunches around noon. The location is also a bit inconvenient: arriving and leaving via entrance/exit ramps on Rt 1 is a bit of a hassle, especially during construction or rough weather. Also, since Ross is part of DeVry, expect all the pros and cons that come with being part of a publicly-traded for-profit university.

Worked for Ross University? Contribute to the Community!