Rotana Hotel Management Reviews

Omer Z. Kaddouri

1. I'm new..

Current Employee - Clear Boy Ya Pool Boy Ya Any More in Omen, TX
    Current Employee - Clear Boy Ya Pool Boy Ya Any More in Omen, TX

I have been working at Rotana Hotel Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To work in a well known origination that allows me fully utilize my abilities, education language skill in order to create a new types of modern work. Have ambition to reach higher levels and standers of life.

Cons

The most challenging things about rotana hotel is that it's all about the hotel reputation and fame which is a part different from all other hotel in maskat, omen so I can improve my skills and as well I can work much harder in which would be mote challenging for me...

Advice to Management

I am new to the omen and I have net yet attended the rotana hotel yet but got to know by my friends and family members that the hotel and management are at it's best so I agree to them as well....

2. Director of Revenue

I have been working at Rotana Hotel Management full-time

Pros

Very fast expanding company which offers very good career opportunities

Cons

No much negative points to be mentioned

3. Well balanced

I have been working at Rotana Hotel Management full-time

Pros

For managerial positions, Rotana offers comprehensive packages and looks after all needs including full housing, utilities and transport instead of just an allowance. You're therefore, not subject to unpredictable changes in the property market.

Cons

There is a lack of succession planning for certain positions and you're therefore, stuck from moving up the ladder.

Advice to Management

Could be time to review certain positions and structures in order to retain people within the company.

5. Has potential that is runined by unqualified management

Current Employee - Director in Não-Me-Toque (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Director in Não-Me-Toque (Brazil)

Pros

Fastest growing regional brand.Inspirational CEO and COO.AVPs provide great mentorship.

Cons

Professional having worked in International chains will not adapt to the unprofessionalism here.Directors are hired then treated as ordertakers and illtreated.Due to fast expansion top positiosn are awarded to unqualified candidates who make life living hell for professionals..Avoid their Bahrain properties, top management is worst ever.UAE properties are better.

Advice to Management

Listen to the feedback from Management who leave.Consider why you have such a high turnover of management.do not give inexperienced candidates positions of power.do not have blind faith in ICT's and listen to both sides ,,,there is a lot of irregularities in ternally.Look deeper!

6. Local company , global ambitions

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Rotana Hotel Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Personal and value driven organization ,putting stakeholders in the forefront. Fast growing ,respectedand well structured company.Courage to pioneer in regions less popular with other operators.

Cons

Apart from the United Arab Emirates ,company operates in challenging destinations. Reputation based predominately in the Middle East

7. Unbelievable experience

I have been working at Rotana Hotel Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Diversity meeting new costumers everyday and solving different day to day problems

Cons

low budget salary and continuous manning to the management

8. It's been a great and challenging experience, And also developing experience

Pros

Human resources team are doing a great job, been able to provide departmental growth, through constantly training and keeping them updated with what's happening around the company and their office is always open to hear ur opinion or make suggestions.2. The working environment is very conducive for staff and guest. 3. More especially the staff welfare and housing provided meets standard, I can gladly say.

Cons

The bilingual differences, most times u find it difficult to understand a colleague due their inability to speak proper English or understand it, cos most of the staff are from Asian part of the world,

Advice to Management

They should review salary rate as it's efficient compared to the service delivery. And make proper decision when employing staff,

9. Rotana is a leading hospitality management company, so keen on the satisfaction of both guests and employees/colleagues.

Current Employee - Learning & Development Manager in Al Ghardaqah (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Learning & Development Manager in Al Ghardaqah (Egypt)

I have been working at Rotana Hotel Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rotana believes in a treasured-time experience for owners, partners, colleagues and guests. Rotana focuses on some key issues such as Human Resources Development, consistency in delivering guest service , exceeding guest expectations ,and work-life balance.

Cons

Actually and honestly, Rotana is one of the best hotel chains I've ever worked for.

10. unless you are a westerner or Lebanese , no chance to grow

Pros

nothing special , except they have a lot of properties in UAE and region , so if you know someone in other property you have a chance to move

Cons

low pay , horrible accommodation , treating staff based on relations and nationalities

Advice to Management

promote people based in the skills not passports , and please get a better accommodation , they are hospitality personnel not construction laborers

11. Great Place to work and be developed

I have been working at Rotana Hotel Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of trainings that can truly helped you grow in your career. Career growth is also fast as it is a big chain of hotels and colleagues are able to transfer from one property to another.

Cons

Since the hotel is quite busy and full chances are employees had to extend hours. It is quite a challenge for the employees working in housekeeping, front office and food and beverage when the occupancy is busy.

Advice to Management

Go down to the rank and file, talk to them and get to know them not only once in a while but more often. If you can also dine with them in the colleague outlet would be much much more appreciated.

RSS Feed </> Embed