Rotech Healthcare Reviews

Updated March 22, 2015
89 reviews filtered by
2.1
Timothy C. Pigg

Pros
  • Benefits are available and PTO is great, incentive programs are good (in 3 reviews)

• Good PTO time, but usually to short staffed to take more than a few days at a time (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Patient care is the last thing on this company's mind (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management has no concern for problems at the local level (in 9 reviews)

1. Friendly work environment, but the day can be stressful.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and PTO, decent salary. Management seems to care about their employees, and generally welcome hearing your opinions/concerns or if you have any ideas on what you think could be a possible improvement to the company/location.

Cons

No job security, dealing with rude/upset/hysterical patients and their family members, feeling like you have so many demands during the day that you don't get to complete everything you need to during business hours.

Sometimes, policies that are implemented are not always feasible in application; they seem to be conceived by people in a cubicle that have no practical experience in the field they are making decisions on.

2. It's a job

Former Employee - Pct
    Former Employee - Pct

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Don't know. Haven't seen anything so far, other than it's a job

Cons

Work schedules make apsolutely no scents, employee vehicles are a joke. Looks as if the company went to a junk yard and found the vans. Some aren't even legal to carry oxygen do to the lack of a cage to separate the product from the driver. DOT would have a field day writing fines.

Guess what, if you want to make money you have to spend money. Buy some new vehicles. And yeah.....hire people with social skills instead of texting skills. The customer should be taken care of, not made to feel in acquit when asking for equipment. This isn't rocket science.

3. Sales Rep

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for Bonus and commissions

Cons

Culture has really gone downhill. The changes in the industry have forced them to try and do more with less. The strong focus that use to be on the patient care has been taken hostage by the bottom line.

Put the focus back on patient care.

5. Horrible

Former Employee - LCM in Morristown, TN
    Former Employee - LCM in Morristown, TN

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pto and Holidays cut too many hourly positions too keep up good patient care

Cons

Everything. Upper management. Low pay scale

Not enough time out in the trenches

6. No job security

I worked at Rotech Healthcare

Pros

PTO, flex schedule, hours people

Cons

Upper management and work load expectations

Truly horrible company!

Former Employee - Location Manager
    Former Employee - Location Manager

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PTO was solid. That's the 1 and only positive about this pile of crap.

Cons

This company and upper management couldn't care less about the employee. They go through CEO's like a teenage boy goes through tissues. There is no doubt this is a sinking ship!

Value your employees better! Try paying a good CSR a liveable rate. I was an LCM for 7 years and never felt supported or cared for by management!

8. Worst company I ever worked for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits as far as insurance and PTO time. Location manager was great, really cared about employees and protected us from upper management.

Cons

No loyalty to long term employees. Rules change everyday. I do understand this is expected in the healthcare field, but notify employees of the changes sooner rather than later. Promises are made and never kept. We were advised that that restructuring was done and there would be no more cuts, however, cuts continue.

Stop lying to employees!! If more cuts are coming than just be honest about it. Be responsible and quit passing the buck. If you don't know an answer, admit it and then find the answer.

9. Don't even Bother...Worst Company...Should Be a Sweatshop

I worked at Rotech Healthcare

Pros

There are no Pro's. The Pro would be if the company shut down.

Cons

1. Pay is Terrible 2. Never Enough Time to Get the job done 3. Don't like to give out overtime 4. OVERBOOK PATIENTS 5. Give the respiratory therapist never enough time to get the job done 5. Managers Back Stab their staff
    6. Never Enough Staff to complete the job 7. Only Concerned about the Profit and not Patient Care 8. Never had time for lunch 9. Worst Place I've ever worked 10. Only a few do most of the work...while the others sit around and do nothing 11. Uneven distribution of labor and if your working...its a sweatshop

This company is a sinking ship and no one can save it. They don't have enough people to run an office. Hire more people and less backstabbing.

Would be a better company if management would stand up and take responsibility for their own policies and procedures.

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor
    Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor

I worked at Rotech Healthcare

Pros

Great PTO like no other! Great benefit package. Would still be there if me and my job had not been terminated due to company downsizing. Good Seperation package, could have been a bit better in my opinion. Met alot of wonderful and kind people (patients and vendors) otherwise wouldn't have had chance to meet.

Cons

Current location manager and area manager at the time had no backbone! Would not adhere to company policy and procedure even though I brought it to management's (location manager and area manager) attention more than once!
    Tim Pigg himself said he would take care of those employees who stuck it out with him through the restructuring bankruptsy, which I did twice! I had a total of 14 years with this company. Over 10 years since Rotech took over. I would have taken a lesser paying job if it had been offered just to keep my job! Have had difficult time finding a suitable job ever since!

Gain some backbone! Fire those who will not adhere to company policy and procedures no matter what position they hold! Everyone is replaceable!

Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Laurel, MD

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I was working for great people until the company was purchased by Rotech in 2011 and they dismissed a lot of people and made it a smaller crazy place to work at making the employees work harder and did not care for you having a life outside of the company and then a few snow storms and if you don't drive you are out of luck. I tried to explain I was taking and was to be leaving my house at 530am to take three buses to work and I got mugged during the Christmas holiday season they didn't care I got fired after eight years of working there and I have not been able to land another job since.

Cons

see above they suck very badly

HAVE A FEAKING HEART