Rotech Healthcare

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
2.0

Timothy C. Pigg

Pros
  • Benefits are available and PTO is great, incentive programs are good (in 3 reviews)

• Good PTO time, but usually to short staffed to take more than a few days at a time (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Patient care is the last thing on this company's mind (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management has no concern for problems at the local level (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Good luck

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great PTO and total independence

Cons

Zero Leadership. Cowardly and constant shoulder shrugging

If you can't take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen

You get to know each other like family; there is constant change in billing policies.

Former Employee - Collections Specialist
    Former Employee - Collections Specialist

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was on the best team. We had an excellent supervisor. she worked to make things happen and was a true visionary and leader. Everyone at Rotech wants to help other. They have a very laid back dress/behavior code.

Cons

There is a lot of bureaucracy and chain of command so much that it's hard to get things done the best way.
    More about making money than patient care. Too much overtime in some departments.

Would do it again, but not for so long.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PTO is generous, lots of autonomy (in corporate roles), worked with a great team who kept me there longer than I should have stayed.

Cons

Pay is low, you're doing the jobs of two or three people, and there's no long-range planning. Every time a new set of financial projections come in, your priorities completely change to the "new" thing that will really help the company.

Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Ames, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Ames, IA

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, independence, hands on training, great PTO

Cons

Commission schedule is poorly structured, as is upper management. Too many people at the top of the company who are very out of touch with reality, and the daily struggles of this job. Towards the end of my time with Rotech, corperate was trying to minimize our customer service to our patients, which was originally the basis of the company, such great customer service.

Management needs to recognize the flaws in their systems. Its ridiculous to have sales reps promoting and advertising phenomenal customer service when the actual quality of service given is sub-par. Doctors aren't stupid people and they aren't going to refer patients to a terrible company just because the sales rep brings treats.

Change is Good

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time

Pros

Rotech is a company of hard working people trying their best to care for the ill, broken and elderly. Benefits are available and PTO is great, incentive programs are good. Recently there have been many changes including upper management. There have been growing pains, but the "ship is up-righting itself under the new CEO". There is advancement possibilities.

Cons

All stores are bound by what purchasing will allow for purchase-thinking outside the box is not encouraged. Repeatedly being told the same thing in varying ways.

Trust your managers to make the correct judgment in what is needed and hear their input.

Ever Changing, Supervisors make rules per employees they like!

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Comfortable work environment.
    Decent Pay and Benefits
    Friendly co-workers

Cons

Most Supervisors suck. You will get wrote up for being sick if you did not plan ahead for it and take time off for it. Your job changes just as much as you change your underwear. Was not supposed to be in a call center role; but ended up answering calls for a call center and the phones never stopped ringing.

horrible

Current Employee - PAs in Roy, UT
    Current Employee - PAs in Roy, UT

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome PTO and floating holidays.

Cons

No employee recognition. Lazy people.

Pay attention to the people who work hard.. start cleaning house and get rid of the ones who dont.

Poor management from bottom to top!

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are no longer any Pros to describe this company.

Cons

Their motto is way off base. "We care about patient care" translates to "We care about hiring idiot managers that have no idea how to run a location or company!"

I like taking care of patients

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Erie, PA

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone acts professionally and treats the patients well. If you follow the guidelines Medicare sets out for you, then there is no real problem as far as the work goes. It makes it easy knowing what is required up front. Patients appreciate that we take the time to go over everything with them and have someone on-call 24 hours.

Cons

Medicare is constantly changing it's rules so re-educating the referral sources takes time.

Pay is not the best in healthcare, but it is decent for someone starting in the healthcare field.

Rotech Healthcare Account manager

Former Employee - Business Account Manager
    Former Employee - Business Account Manager

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company benefits, sales literature. Interesting work.

Cons

Mismanagement culture from top of company down. Indifference to patient concerns in the name of profits, many levels above local management (area, regional, corporate management, etc..) Management at odds with sales team in current branch scheme. Creates difficulties communicating concerns from referral sources when management is "always right" and more concerned with "authority" than contributing to a winning team and empowering employees, particularly as a sales rep. Company seems to be going to hybrid manager/sales position, which is a losing strategy -with all the changing insurance nuances and customer concerns, and high level of competition from other DME companies- this is too much to put on one individual. Lower commissions yearly.

Listen to your branch employees as they are in touch with your patients and are telling you where you are winning and losing. Management fills in bogus ride along reports and never actually show up to ride along. This is evident on many levels of management, local, area, and regional. Follow though when you promise referral sources various services and follow up. Sales should be its own entity, equal with management, reporting to a sales specific manager.