Rotech Healthcare Reviews

Updated August 15, 2014
Updated August 15, 2014

1.9

Timothy C. Pigg

Pros
  • Good PTO time, but usually to short staffed to take more than a few days at a time (in 4 reviews)

• There are some great people working in this company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Patient care is the last thing on this company's mind (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management has no concern for problems at the local level (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

I like taking care of patients

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Erie, PA

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone acts professionally and treats the patients well. If you follow the guidelines Medicare sets out for you, then there is no real problem as far as the work goes. It makes it easy knowing what is required up front. Patients appreciate that we take the time to go over everything with them and have someone on-call 24 hours.

Cons

Medicare is constantly changing it's rules so re-educating the referral sources takes time.

Pay is not the best in healthcare, but it is decent for someone starting in the healthcare field.

Rotech Healthcare Account manager

Former Employee - Business Account Manager
    Former Employee - Business Account Manager

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company benefits, sales literature. Interesting work.

Cons

Mismanagement culture from top of company down. Indifference to patient concerns in the name of profits, many levels above local management (area, regional, corporate management, etc..) Management at odds with sales team in current branch scheme. Creates difficulties communicating concerns from referral sources when management is "always right" and more concerned with "authority" than contributing to a winning team and empowering employees, particularly as a sales rep. Company seems to be going to hybrid manager/sales position, which is a losing strategy -with all the changing insurance nuances and customer concerns, and high level of competition from other DME companies- this is too much to put on one individual. Lower commissions yearly.

Listen to your branch employees as they are in touch with your patients and are telling you where you are winning and losing. Management fills in bogus ride along reports and never actually show up to ride along. This is evident on many levels of management, local, area, and regional. Follow though when you promise referral sources various services and follow up. Sales should be its own entity, equal with management, reporting to a sales specific manager.

Great job, lousy company

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Learned a lot about medical billing.

Cons

Questionable ethics regarding Medicare billing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst management I've ever seen!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Murray, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, KY

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The PTO is great and that's about it.

Cons

The compensation is HORRIBLE! The management at operations is the worst management i've ever seen. I would rather work in fast food then here. You would make more money to. The management has no idea what they're doing and they make the worst decisions as far as hiring management postions. There is an extremely high turnover because they are work, work, work and compensation sucks. The customer service in the call center start out at like 8 dollars an hour which is crazy! The team leaders are only making around 11 dollars and are basically running the entire call center because management has no idea what they're doing.

Stop making stupid decisions and get rid of the people weighing the company down which includes but not limited to the general manager. Promotions need to be given to the people that are at the company doing more than their job description entails and not getting paid crap. Instead the promotions and opportunities go to people outside the company. The compensation is horrible. It's bad when you can work at a fast food company and get paid more than someone in the healthcare field taking care of patients.

Be ready to work alone and have a ton of responsibility you don't get compensated for.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time

Pros

Hours are 8:30 to 5

Cons

If you are offered a job with this company make sure you counter their offer. Pay isn't what it's cracked up to be for the responsibilities they want you to do during you scheduled shift,.

Absolute Worst in Employee Appreciation, Patient Care and "Management"

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

A job with a paycheck

Cons

The worst place to work of my career. Many years of experience got me no where with this company. It is a dictatorship. They don't listen to or want your input. Ton of training material but no time to do it. They want you to do it on your own time but there is no access from your personal computer. I'm talking many hours of computer training videos. Management is totally disengaged from the real happenings in the office and field. It's all about numbers. Patient care is disgraceful. The team is not a team. Management does nothing to control the slackness and disrespect of staff. As if they are afraid to actually manage and make things run more effectively. They expect a salaried employee to spend extensive hours off the clock.

Respect and listen to your employees. They are the ones getting the business. They just might know how. People don't come to you with experience for you to try and change and dictate their way of practice.

Challenging work

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare

Pros

I believe Rotech has great people as well as the work is interesting. It is challenging on a daily basis. The time off is fantastic and the benefits are standard for a corporation.

Cons

Pay is not that great and as much as the work is challenging, the ever changing rules with Medicare make it difficult as well. It is a difficult field. There is minimal advancement opportunity in Billing.

Pay better!

I love working in home health but Rotech is not the best to work for by far.

Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist
    Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful coworkers and local staff, but corporate leaves alot to be desired.

Cons

company is unstable multiple bankruptcies and layoffs.

Friendly Group

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great support, nice people, relaxed culture

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep up the great communication throughout the ranks.

Rotech focus is on upper management

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare

Pros

good hours eight to five and holidays off.

Cons

Poor pay and when we do get a pay increase it is not really a raise .10 cents is just the cost of living pay

pay your self less and no bonus

Worked for Rotech Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!