Rotech Healthcare Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Timothy C. Pigg

Pros
  • The PTO is great and that's about it (in 3 reviews)

• Always learning; good PTO package (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • More about making money than patient care (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management has no concern for problems at the local level (in 9 reviews)

1. Great people to work with

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare

Pros

The people who work here are great, from the CEO down to the dedicated employees servicing patients. Everyone really cares about the work we do here.

Cons

Very fast paced so you have to be up for it.

2. Good people

Current Employee - Warehouse Clerk in Murray, KY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Clerk in Murray, KY

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good benefits and fair wage you learn a lot at this company and training I thought was excellent. I like the job because they do care about patient care and every patient that is 1# priority here when I was training this was biggest topic

Cons

I have not seen anything as con they are constantly trying to make it better and better

Advice to Management

To attract more or better talent maybe offer a litter higher starting wage but for area I work in I have to say it's fair wage

Too many managers.

Former Employee - Location Manager
    Former Employee - Location Manager

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rotech offers a good atmosphere to learn the industry and has a positive environment to be pay off a good team.

Cons

In two years I had nine managers with nine different sets of reporting instructions and policies. There was always a new policy and changing goals without enough time to do the daily work that needed to get done.

Advice to Management

Set long term goals for your location managers that are specific, attainable,measurable and consistent.

Too many employee's quit

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Rotech Healthcare

Pros

no pro's this place is horrible I couldn't wait for my temporary position to end. I dont recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

long hours 6 am - 8 pm, verbal abuse, non professional employee's

Advice to Management

don't verbally abuse your employee's and train them properly

6. pas

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roy, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roy, UT

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare

Pros

Personal time off health insurance

Cons

Finally got raise after 16 months but in order to get another one you have to take a test made up by corporate

Advice to Management

Get rid of the tests for raises and pay by job performance for wage increases

Toxic work environment

Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time

Pros

It is very difficult to think of any right now. I suppose just being employed was good?

Cons

Terrible management and supervisors. No pay increase in two years, desire being the top sales person and one of the longest employed members of the office. Supervisors consistently left for better positions. The insurance offered is a joke with an individual deductible of at least 3K. No encouragement to advance beyond your current position. "We care about patient care" is their motto, but this is far from the truth. What matters is profit alone. When we had meetings, it was never discussed how to better serve our patients, but only how much we had profited and how to expand on that.

Advice to Management

Pay a living wage to your workers, and offer them a reason to remain at Rotech.

8. Sales

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Good vacation time. Can use after first 90 days.

Cons

Company seems to always be in financial trouble

9. Positive attitude!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare

Pros

Great PTO,Benefits, flexible , forward thinking company. Treats employees well. The company CEO is wonderful. Management listens and cares. The company uses many ideas from the employees.

Cons

The industry is regulated by Medicare, state programs and insurance carriers in regards to reimbursements and the rate of cuts time after time.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with technology and become more efficient.

Patient Account Specialist

Current Employee - Patient Account Specialist- Customer Support Center East in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job,pto, holiday pay

Cons

Consist changes with account management, never effective, very repetious and boring all the time, nothing excited to make you wanna go to work, not real professional environment, lots of childish acting grown women, like high school, very few real mature women, dress code is very casual in jeans, if your dress attire is to classy and professional, you get looks and stares, you in the wrong house, the pay is ok for most people without a college degree, and maybe high school education, most of these women have graduated from fast food jobs to convergy's and connextion low pay call center jobs, so they feel important working in a nice office building. This is why most have not had pay raises in 1 to almost two years of working at this job. I would recommend it to someone that may need a job to pay bills, come to work physically, but mentally your not there, love to gossip on the low, a phony, jealous, envious, immature female. You will fit in just fine.

Advice to Management

Hire people with real account management skills and pay some real money, give raises when due and make the job more interesting. Get rid of the people that has been there over a year, just taking up space, getting paid but don't add no real value to work place or reducing your held item bottom line. It's the old employees that is holding the CSC from progressing with the dead weight

11. Terrible RUN!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The location I worked for had 3 Day weekends. But realistically other than that there's NONE! At the end of the day I felt like just another number.

Cons

Everything from management to employees I've seen it all in my LONG 4 years! And yesterday i just had to leave! A lot of backstabbing going on it's unreal!!

Advice to Management

You need to take a REAL look into your locations.

RSS Feed </> Embed