Rotech Healthcare

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Timothy C. Pigg

Pros
  • Good PTO time, but usually to short staffed to take more than a few days at a time(in 4 reviews)

• There are some great people working in this company(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Patient care is the last thing on this company's mind(in 7 reviews)

• Upper management has no concern for problems at the local level(in 7 reviews)

I like taking care of patients

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Erie, PA

ProsEveryone acts professionally and treats the patients well. If you follow the guidelines Medicare sets out for you, then there is no real problem as far as the work goes. It makes it easy knowing what is required up front. Patients appreciate that we take the time to go over everything with them and have someone on-call 24 hours.

ConsMedicare is constantly changing it's rules so re-educating the referral sources takes time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is not the best in healthcare, but it is decent for someone starting in the healthcare field.

Great job, lousy company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearned a lot about medical billing.

ConsQuestionable ethics regarding Medicare billing.

Worst management I've ever seen!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Murray, KY

ProsThe PTO is great and that's about it.

ConsThe compensation is HORRIBLE! The management at operations is the worst management i've ever seen. I would rather work in fast food then here. You would make more money to. The management has no idea what they're doing and they make the worst decisions as far as hiring management postions. There is an extremely high turnover because they are work, work, work and compensation sucks. The customer service in the call center start out at like 8 dollars an hour which is crazy! The team leaders are only making around 11 dollars and are basically running the entire call center because management has no idea what they're doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making stupid decisions and get rid of the people weighing the company down which includes but not limited to the general manager. Promotions need to be given to the people that are at the company doing more than their job description entails and not getting paid crap. Instead the promotions and opportunities go to people outside the company. The compensation is horrible. It's bad when you can work at a fast food company and get paid more than someone in the healthcare field taking care of patients.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Absolute Worst in Employee Appreciation, Patient Care and "Management"

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsA job with a paycheck

ConsThe worst place to work of my career. Many years of experience got me no where with this company. It is a dictatorship. They don't listen to or want your input. Ton of training material but no time to do it. They want you to do it on your own time but there is no access from your personal computer. I'm talking many hours of computer training videos. Management is totally disengaged from the real happenings in the office and field. It's all about numbers. Patient care is disgraceful. The team is not a team. Management does nothing to control the slackness and disrespect of staff. As if they are afraid to actually manage and make things run more effectively. They expect a salaried employee to spend extensive hours off the clock.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect and listen to your employees. They are the ones getting the business. They just might know how. People don't come to you with experience for you to try and change and dictate their way of practice.

Be ready to work alone and have a ton of responsibility you don't get compensated for.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsHours are 8:30 to 5

ConsIf you are offered a job with this company make sure you counter their offer. Pay isn't what it's cracked up to be for the responsibilities they want you to do during you scheduled shift,.

Challenging work

ProsI believe Rotech has great people as well as the work is interesting. It is challenging on a daily basis. The time off is fantastic and the benefits are standard for a corporation.

ConsPay is not that great and as much as the work is challenging, the ever changing rules with Medicare make it difficult as well. It is a difficult field. There is minimal advancement opportunity in Billing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better!

Friendly Group

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat support, nice people, relaxed culture

ConsNone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great communication throughout the ranks.

Rotech focus is on upper management

Prosgood hours eight to five and holidays off.

ConsPoor pay and when we do get a pay increase it is not really a raise .10 cents is just the cost of living pay

Advice to Senior Managementpay your self less and no bonus

work good company sucks

Prosnothing different from any other job

Conseveryday was a challenge coming to work

N/A

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Longview, TX

ProsPeople nice, friendly, and pay good

ConsFrequent changes, overtime was limited

Worked for Rotech Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!