Roth Staffing Reviews

• Los Angeles, CA
4.2
Roth Staffing CEO Ben Roth
Ben Roth

Absolutely amazing and more than I ever expected!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having been in the staffing/recruiting industry for many years and working in this very challenging business where people can be competitive, this is a breath of fresh air. It's the most people-centric culture I've ever encountered. The commitment to employee engagement and success is REAL. Management in the branch and region seem to truly care about co-worker success. It's an immense challenge to make a sales business fun while maintaining a performance culture but they've managed to pull it off. LOVE IT!

Cons

The technology is a bit behind but I know that they're making significant investments to improve. The culture though more than makes up for any deficit in technology.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. Quality of staffing agents seems to depend on location

Current Contractor - "Ambassador" in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - "Ambassador" in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly; at one of their locations, they seemed to really go out of their way to develop a relationship with me and place me at good places. At another location, it's felt a bit haphazard. Compared to other agencies, their follow-up is so prompt and positive

Cons

I was good at establishing relationships with new companies and represented Roth well, but I wonder if this might have meant they put me on assignments where I would be breaking in new client relationships and away from higher paying/longer term assignments with established clients

Advice to Management

Set a better ambassador payrate with client companies -- if we're good, we're worth the investment and the cut of pay given to Roth is massive, it's no wonder it's difficult to get them to pay well

Roth Staffing Response

Apr 15, 2015

Congratulations on your placement! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback as an Ambassador, here on Glassdoor. Comments such as yours shine a light on opportunities for ... More

3. They instill good habits

Former Employee - Service Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good programs to learn and grow, work/life balance

Cons

Incentive programs deteriorated over time

Horrible Career Path and Company to work for, steer away!

Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No benefits from working for them.

Cons

They were very pushy from the beginning and made promises they did not uphold. This is a very unorganized company with horrible management and ancient systems, poor compensation and low ethics. Very rude and unhelpful and compromise quality- claims to be the best but cannot uphold their own culture and promise.

Advice to Management

Find out what your ethics are before you do it.

Roth Staffing Response

Jan 12, 2014

Some of our most engaged and thriving teams are in the Los Angeles market so we are surprised to see such a negative review from a current employee? We have notified your regional leader and we hope ... More

6. Best Company I've Worked For

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked in a handful of industries and companies...I never realized working for a staffing company would be so rewarding, plus, the company itself genuinely cares about its employees and the people it serves. It's privately-owned so that means the decisions made really are about what's best for the company and not what's best for a board of shareholders. Things are pretty transparent and the company lets everyone know what's going on. They seek our input and listen to us when we gripe about the challenges we're facing ... and yet they push us to do our best and to work harder than the rest of the industry. I really, really love the values this company espouses and the fact that they sincerely want to do good things for others and always do the right thing.

Cons

The technology. Some of the systems we have at our disposal is impressive, but alot of our technology infrastructure has some catching up to do and instead of just admitting that "we're getting there" or "this is the best we can do at this time" we sometimes hear silly excuses. This is more a comment to the management of the technology department since this is NOT the case for any of the other corporate resources or organization leaders.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I love the philosophy of the Outcome Management Process and the fact that you put the burden on ME to make my workplace a great place to work. I love that we don't have "reviews," instead we get a chance to tell our manager what they can do to help me feel more engaged. Very cool.

7. My experience at Roth Staffing has been very positive. This company truly cares about the well being of its employees.

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment; great benefits; successful; fun place to work.

Cons

I have no complaints so far!

8. Dedicated to Coworker Satisfaction

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of attention to ethical work practices and to quality of service. Its great to work for a company that cares as much about the people in it as the bottom line. Its hard not to love working within a company that writes having fun into its core guiding principles.

Cons

Its a pretty aggressive with its culture education, which is kind of overwhelming at times. The "touchy-feeliness" isn't a fit for everyone.

Advice to Management

Balance the philosophy with the practicality to optimize effectibility.

9. Amazingly fun work experience! Great company!

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and fun competitive incentives. Work here if you can!

Cons

There are none! Roth Staffing is such an awesome place to work every day

10. A true strengths based organization just striving to help others and one another

Current Employee - Business Solutions Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in an office where your strengths are praised and encouraged. We all have weakness but those are not the main focus. I feel like it's a family. We talk about life, joke and laugh. The job is stressful because our product is people but having supportive co-workers who enjoy laughing reduces the stress!
    We really do try with everything in us to live by ethics and integrity. Working for a values based organization was important to me and I found it within a sales organization! Wow! I see myself here for a very long time!

Cons

Because it is a privately held company, there are less resources than maybe the larger stock exchange companies.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun in the workplace and encourage it with your peers in other offices! This job is stressful enough and we have to have fun. :)

11. My experience at Roth Staffing has been remarkable.

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think that Roth Staffing really does try to embrace and internalize the balance between work and life. I believe that because we are newer to this industry, there is a lot of growth potential and a great ability for us to conquer more of the market share.

Cons

The company doesn't capitalize on people's strengths so although it's great that we are able to do everything (flex desk), we don't have the ability to focus on one area of strength because of the emphasize placed on making sure we are evenly distributing our time.

Advice to Management

To focus more efforts on helping us in weaker areas versus just stressing on the numbers.