Roth Staffing Reviews

Reset
3.8
Roth Staffing CEO Ben Roth
Ben Roth

Pros
  • Our company truly lives by its Mission, Vision and Values (in 21 reviews)

• We do offer a true work/life balance allowing most of our team members a 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off) with flexible in/out times as well (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Not enough manpower in the offices to actually do more than give lip service to Candidates Mission, Vision and Values goals (in 4 reviews)

• Executive and regional management leaders are dishonest and hide behind Mission Vision Values of the company - At times, feels like a cult (in 6 reviews)

1. Business Solutions Manager

Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This staffing firm is like paradise. You receive training, endless support and you are working in a family oriented and friendly environment! I can only recommend Ultimate and Roth Staffing!

Cons

no cons so far and that will hopefully stay like that

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. BSM

Pros

Amazing Company to work for !

Cons

i dont think is any cons -

3. nice place

Pros

good people great environment love it

Cons

I dont think this place has any cons

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

5. The best in the staffing world

Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every other Friday off, good benefits, expense budget, fun co-workers

Cons

Staffing in general - exalted cars salesmen, some management was very controlling and almost manipulative, fun atmosphere but a constant sense of fear with high turnover - this is typical to staffing though.

Advice to Management

Don't micro-manage every hour of someones day

6. It's a paycheck.

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Oxnard, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Oxnard, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay weekly and the checks don't bounce.

Cons

You get paid by the hour. No sick pay, no vacation pay, no health or dental insurance. They told me that after so many billable hours I'd be eligible for holiday pay but because I had to take 4 hours off unpaid during the week prior to the holiday I then was not eligible. They didn't tell me this. My recruiter (Oxnard office) was a real snot who only cared about if the client was happy.

Advice to Management

Your contractors are how you make your money. Without us, you go broke. Treat your contractors like regular employees. Provide at a minimum 3 days sick and 1 week paid vacation for every 12 months on the contract.

Better companies out there

Pros

Won a lot of awards (they survey a lot). Pay is decent. Flex schedule but hourly.

Cons

CEO and upper management are not very involved with the company. The only time you hear from them is on quarterly "townhall" meetings. They never visit the offices in person to see what is going on or offer support. They are constantly coming up with changes and additional duties but don't add additional staff. They hire entry level people for the most part and have unrealistic performance standards for employees that have never worked in sales or recruiting or even in an office setting. Each office acts as it's own independent unit and lacks a real feeling of community despite their claims about "culture."

Advice to Management

Have a more diverse hiring plan. Older workers, vets and people of color. Offer tele-commuting, job sharing and other alternative work schedules. Realize that your "PAR" standards are unrealistic. Stop burdening your recruiters with so many administrative tasks and meetings during the day. Invest in better technology and training.

8. Customer service rep

Pros

Always willing to find me work. Cared about the candidates. I worked as a customer service rep. I enjoyed working for them

Cons

Had to record a short summary about myself in the office on the computer

MarcoPolo management

Current Employee - Recruiter in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They treat employees with gifts and prizes. The company works for some and misses with others.

Cons

Upper management never site visits. want to be trained by them You are left to be trained by average nomads. People are left to wonder if upper is capable.

Advice to Management

Travel to the offices and visit us. I would like to meet you over the rambling emails.

Great Company! Have loved working for the Ultimate Staffing Division

Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, Culture, Culture! Employee focused, great benefits, compensation, training and marketing! I have grown, experienced and been able to make great money! The management is focused on our success and growing a "remarkable company" and we are able to benefit tremendously from their focus! I would highly recommend anyone who is seeking a career with a fabulous company to join ours!

Cons

Staff level is lean in the office, could use one additional team member. Would love more contact with the upper management throughout the year also motivating and powerful to meet with them.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! And Thank you!

11. Data Entry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Timonium, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Timonium, MD

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very pleased that I was working within two days of contact. Staff is very friendly. I was in and out of the office quickly filling out paperwork.

Cons

Wasn't terribly happy with pay or the work. Have more extensive skills that what I was using. Asked to interview for other jobs, but I assume since I was already placed they didn't want to move me.

RSS Feed </> Embed