Roth Staffing Reviews

183 reviews filtered by
3.9
Roth Staffing CEO Ben Roth
Ben Roth

Pros
  • Belief in our Mission, Vision and Values (in 21 reviews)

• This company offers a work/life balance that is unmatched in our industry (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Not enough manpower in the offices to actually do more than give lip service to Candidates Mission, Vision and Values goals (in 4 reviews)

• Executive and regional management leaders are dishonest and hide behind Mission Vision Values of the company - At times, feels like a cult (in 6 reviews)

1. Great

I have been working at Roth Staffing

Pros

Organized, respectful, traditional values, professional

Cons

I don't have any negative comments

2. Manager

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent and real culture. Hire only the best of the best - and it shows. A lot of hard work, but a lot of fun along the way as well. Close friends and enjoyable coworkers within the office. Thoughts and ideas are heard and acted upon via Senior Leadership. Best work/life balance I have ever had.

Cons

Can be pulled in many directions as there is a lot to get done and stay on top of. Sometimes time spent at the office is more "valued" than actual results.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to the field and trust the judgement of those that have been hired. Keep up the good work and let's go build this company.

3. Average

Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager
    Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company spends an enormous amount of time, resources and energy on their internal culture. The side effect is the ambassador suffers greatly by not getting the proper market focus. The company is so preoccupied with morale, it loses sight of the real goal which is to find people jobs. If we could cut out half of the wasted time, with Town Halls and Culture discussions, we might accomplish greater feats and become known in the industry. Another Pro, we can leave at 3pm every Friday.

Cons

Hiring is beyond a challenge. Hiring process takes far too long. Some internal prospects get interview six times and still a no comes from above. Prospects lose interest and start making fun of you for referring them. We have a ton of turnover but still we interview people five times. We need better market branding and the ability to come with our own strategies rather than just renaming other companies plans. The names of the divisions are unknown to every client I visit and my office has been in business for over 10 years. Our Regional Manager is a ghost. Myth even.

Advice to Management

The leaders resemble more of a witness protection staff I have no confidence in them. Our Branch Manager wants to do a job fair for everything. We get one file clerk job and she bellows, "Job Fair". I have no confidence in the group.

5. My review

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing

Pros

Ledgent is the Accounting/Finance department of Roth Staffing, I enjoyed working for the company the salaries was great.

Cons

most of the company contract assignment just was not long enough.

Mar 11, 2015

Many thanks for sharing your feedback regarding your experience as an Ambassador in Pleasanton, California. Our Ledgent Finance & Accounting Team of Pleasanton will be very glad to learn that you ... More

Great company to work for.

Current Contractor - Collection Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Collection Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Roth Staffing as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits and assignments given.

Cons

The location of the office

Mar 11, 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback as an Ambassador in Houston, Texas!

We are glad to learn that you appreciate and enjoy the position and benefits provided. Our
    ... More

7. Best place to work!

Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for professional and financial growth. Consistently a leader in coworker satisfaction. Competitive compensation plans, flexible work schedules and highly visible and approachable executive team.

Cons

Currently does not offer all business lines in national footprint.

Advice to Management

Continue with frequent and clear communication of company goals.

8. They don't really keep in touch

I have been working at Roth Staffing

Pros

Nice employees, clean neat and courteous

Cons

more follow through with applicants

Apr 15, 2015

Many thanks for sharing your experience as an Ambassador with Roth Staffing! While we’re glad to learn you have enjoyed working with our friendly and courteous team, we’re sorry to learn that you ... More

9. A great place to work!

I have been working at Roth Staffing

Pros

The culture encourages me to approach each and every interaction with the intent of creating a positive experience. The work culture brings out the best in me and motivates me to give it my all. The company is open to learning about new and creative ways to encourage a work-life balance and strive to be an employer of choice. Recognition is abundant in this environment, and built into weekly company-wide meetings. The high level of talent within the organization is impressive, and is only outmatched by the level of kindness and professionalism of each employee. Roth Staffing is a strength based organization so there is a great amount of emphasis placed on drawing on strengths and incorporating these elements in career-pathing efforts. The environment encourages learning, cross-training and flexibility in a position to allow for one to customize and specialize in a specific area. This is great for someone who is an independent worker and open to learning. Heavy emphasis on culture both internally and externally when dealing with clients and vendors.

Cons

Training is an on-going need, to maintain consistency and process flow in the work place; however the company announced it was rolling out an abundance of training in 2015. Lastly, there needs to be a greater amount invested in IT infrastructure.

Advice to Management

n/a

10. Quality of staffing agents seems to depend on location

Current Contractor - "Ambassador" in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - "Ambassador" in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly; at one of their locations, they seemed to really go out of their way to develop a relationship with me and place me at good places. At another location, it's felt a bit haphazard. Compared to other agencies, their follow-up is so prompt and positive

Cons

I was good at establishing relationships with new companies and represented Roth well, but I wonder if this might have meant they put me on assignments where I would be breaking in new client relationships and away from higher paying/longer term assignments with established clients

Advice to Management

Set a better ambassador payrate with client companies -- if we're good, we're worth the investment and the cut of pay given to Roth is massive, it's no wonder it's difficult to get them to pay well

Apr 15, 2015

Congratulations on your placement! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback as an Ambassador, here on Glassdoor. Comments such as yours shine a light on opportunities for ... More

11. Associate Recruiter

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Applied to company, interview process took a month for management to find something suitable for myself. Recent college grad, good compensation.

Cons

Not many, Corporate office would be more interesting to work in

Advice to Management

Management needs to give more guidance to younger employees