RotoMetrics

Robert (Bob) Spiller

Ok for a beginning job

Former Employee - QC Inspector in Eureka, MO
    Former Employee - QC Inspector in Eureka, MO

I worked at RotoMetrics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Training was good and helpful

Cons

Supervisors all micromanage their employees

Have some integrity

appreciate

I have been working at RotoMetrics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Rotometrics for over 20 years and many of my friends and coworkers have been there longer than i have. Some of the things I like about working there are that they have always treated me well and pay well ,they have great benefits, they keep the company clean inside and out ,also this company has an excellent safety record and the new leadership seems to be extremely focused on quality and on time delivery and safety.

Cons

If i would have one complaint it would be for just a few negative coworkers that feel that they have to walk around making negative comments about the company and stirring the pot. Please try and appreciate your job. If you really don't like working there by all means find employment elsewhere .

As far as management I think that we currently have some intelligent, competent people in charge who are focusing on the right things quality, on time delivery and safety.

Like a concentration camp

I have been working at RotoMetrics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There is always overtime to do.

Cons

They have NO concern or consideration for their workers at all. Their attitude about about the work is, "If you don't like it our ways of working; you can walk out the door. We could train a monkey to do your job" And it doesn't seem to matter if you have been here 1 or 20 years.

First shift is continuously badgered about work flow, overtime and keeping the machines running. Apparently, they don't see that there others that just keep the machines running with nothing cutting at all. They have middle management that talks to the workers like dogs then turns around and chats for 30 minutes about personal matters or others on the job.

The manager of engraving told a worker that had already clocked out to clock back in and get back to work. And out of fear, the worker did do just that. There is nothing wrong with requiring overtime. But there are going to be times that the workers just can't stay on short notice. They need to be told that they are required to work 10 hours on certain days.

Not at Roto....they think that everyone should be at the beck and call. So much so that they insult the worker and their family by saying things like, "Remember Roto is paying your bills." These bulldozer tactics have got to stop. I wouldn't let my sworn enemy work at Roto.

They certainly live up to the moto: "The beatings will commence until moral is boosted."

Look at the wasted resources of the current management styles. They are always panicking about the work flow and calling workers into to finish dies that could be finished on second or third shift. You are spending needless amounts of money on overtime. And that money should go to the workers are who are being subjected to hours of mistreatment.

What kind of Nazi-camp are you people running? Why do you let this go on???

Hard to make money.

Current Employee - Engraving in Eureka, MO
    Current Employee - Engraving in Eureka, MO

I have been working at RotoMetrics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is a very secure job. If you put in a minimal effort, you will be rewarded with a steady, not very well paying job.
    There are a few decent benefits, like reimbursement for schooling and medical costs.

Cons

People are being hired in for a little bit less than what people are making who have been there for years. Talk about insulting. Good luck milking a few cents out of this place.

Focus on improving benefits and wages. Try to treat your valuable employees like they are actually valued. Quit hiring people off the street who have no idea how the plant runs and letting them run the show with no input from the shop floor!

A job, not a career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eureka, MO

I have been working at RotoMetrics full-time

Pros

Quality people, general stability, and good to very good lower level management. Overtime is not hard to come by.

Cons

Since the buyout by some mega-investment capital group, the ownership is and has milked every dime out of this company that they can possibly squeeze. Remember those shows that were on TV around 2000-2005, called "Flip this House?" Well, they're playing "Flip this Company" these days.

I've seen this play before. New ownership comes in, marches out the highest paid guys and replaces with 19 year olds making $10 an hour. Raises have been either non-existent or so low as to not even offset the yearly rise in health insurance premiums. Merit raises that were promised in April haven't been delivered, it's August and the clock is still ticking.

The company used to have a pretty extravagant Christmas party complete with door prizes, and a summer picnic. They did away with that, though they're now bringing back the picnics, last year's picnic was held in the scenic location of the hot, dusty parking lot, complete with burned hot dogs and broken glass for the kiddies to play in! Make sure to bring your own lawn chair!

Oh, and as a bonus, you can take your family on a tour of the factory, so your kids can see exactly why they need to get their college degree! "Daddy, why are there boogers on the wall in the bathroom?"

Equipment that has reached the end of it's useful service life is patched together as best it can be by overworked maintenance staff then expected to continue to produce precision product 24 hours a day, 5 and 6 days a week.

Upper management has time to come around and take pictures of brooms leaning against walls and messy work stations, but is nowhere to be found when an employee has an idea or issue to discuss.

All this has resulted in low workplace morale. The board chairman who came in to talk to us about the low morale thought the low morale was the result of not having a sitting CEO. Yeah, that's not it. My morale is in my pocketbook, and my pocketbook is mighty thin.

Brace yourselves for the number of people who are going to leave when the job market improves. It's already starting.

A Promising Failure

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eureka, MO

I have been working at RotoMetrics

Pros

The interaction with a competent, experienced workforce in general. I was pleased with the degree of assistance given me in my newly-created role with the time that was alotted.

Cons

I often experienced a policy of MBC (Management by Crisis). Customer orders were taken with the intent or hope that such a piece of specialty equipment could be designed, built, and shipped to within the customer's requirements. That was often not the case as delivery dates were often pushed pack by one to two weeks.

BETTER RESEARCH AND AN UNDERSTANDING OF HUMAN RESOURCE NEEDS &/OR REQUIREMENTS. POSITIONS SHOULD NOT BE DEEMED VERY NECESSARY IN ONE FISCAL BUDGET AND THEN, ELIMINATED (DUE TO NO FAULT OF THE EMPLOYEE(S) ), IN THE NEXT. A CHANGE IN MANAGEMENT DIRECTION? PERHAPS. IT MAY ALSO BE A CASE OF JUST NOT REALLY KNOWING EXACTLY WHAT TO DO ON THE PART OF COMPANY MANAGEMENT.

Long term employee

Former Employee - Office
    Former Employee - Office

I worked at RotoMetrics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people, friendly environment when it was family owned,

Cons

Once the family left he business it turned nasty and everyone was after what they could get.