Round Table Pizza

www.roundtablepizza.com

Round Table Pizza Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

J. Robert McCourt

Pros
  • Flexible schedule while I went to college(in 4 reviews)

• Clean, Educational, Understanding employers, customer service(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is limited mobility and room for advancement(in 3 reviews)

• Sometimes stoner high school kids would get hired who didn't really care about anything(in 4 reviews)

Great start out job

Server (Former Employee) Burlingame, CA

ProsI love the food, the company structure, the customers are usually pretty easy too.

ConsYou get a night ground that you sort of need to be emotional ready for and mature enough to handle.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, go national, you'll make it with the breadsticks!!!

It was alright

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) Pico Rivera, CA

ProsDiscounts on food and such

ConsWould have only a few people on shift, when it got really busy we would have to skip our breaks to make sure that we got everything done on time before we clocked out

pizza delivary

Pizza Delivery (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosmy manager gave me unlimited free food

ConsThere is very little room for upward mobility and they don't really value their employees. The wages are horrible, luckily I was a delivery driver so I had tips still, but I know of people who've worked there for 5 years that were still making 9 dollars an hour.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Can be a good starter job for younger kids. Delivery driving is the best position to have.

ProsCo-workers are supportive of each other. flexible schedule for the most part. Depending on what position you hold. Delivery drivers can make almost just as much as a store manager makes. Typically 50% off personal pizza, 25% off bigger items. Free food for supervisors. Offers 401K (depending on the franchise). Bonuses for high scores on customer audits. Fun and rewarding company rally's and annual awards parties.

ConsOnce again depending on the franchise no more than 28 hrs a week offered for most employees. Busy times can become a little overwhelming if not properly staffed. Wages stay around minimum for most employees. Store managers can only top off around $15 - $17 and hour. Raises are rarely given unless you ask for them and even then they can be hard to come by since certain labor cost targets have to be met.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe look into doing employe evaluations on a regular basis and give raises on a consistent basis to those who put in the hard work.

Not a Bad Place to Work

Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsPretty good flexibility with wanting to do other things in life. Not a demanding job so things are pretty chill most of the time.

ConsDealing with stubborn customers. They say the customer is always right, but that is not always the case but you need to work with that mentality anyways.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if there was job growth. Once you reach the manager level for a store, you are kind of stuck. Not really any chance to move on into a possible corporate career or any program to join to take that initiative to get a higher level job that just manager of a store.

Fun job.

Pizza Delivery Driver (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsSometimes disorganized. Nice staff. Energetic

ConsSometimes bad tips. Sometimes good tips

Advice to Senior Managementno advice

Crew member to shift supervisor

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Tracy, CA

ProsDiscounts and free pizza, I met many great people both customers and coworkers. Management is encouraging and I had a great time working here when I worked as a crew member.

ConsAfter being promoted to Shift Supervisor, although I was still in high school, I was given a key and now work 6 days a week 4:30-10:30 or later. Sometimes they schedule me 9 days in a row, sometimes they ask me to work at other locations and I have to fight to get paid for it. They only leave me and a couple of immigrant ladies to close the restaurant. They get upset with me when it's 10:15 and I'm asking customers to leave because we close at 10, and we do not get finished cleaning until 11 or later. Not enough people are scheduled to close. They pay me $8.75 despite the many hours I work and criticism from other coworkers I endure after I clean up their mistakes. Owners are cheap, there are never band aids or other first aid supplies. Their goal is to take in as much profit with as few workers as possible, leaving many of us stressed. They are too cheap to hire more people or give us time off. I still have not been given a supervisor name tag or polo, despite closing the restaurant nearly every night. Very corrupt owners and higher level management.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your workers in mind. If someone asks for help, help them. Keep necessary first aid supplies on hand and do not break labor laws, especially child labor laws.

Driver - Good college job

Delivery Driver (Former Employee)

ProsSomewhat independent, as I was delivering pizzas. Made so-so tips. It worked for me. I liked my fellow employees and most of my supervisors.

ConsIt was difficult to get full-time work. Sometimes stoner high school kids would get hired who didn't really care about anything. It made more work for the rest of us.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire just anyone off the street.

RTP: Delivery

Delivery Driver (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsThey let you keep all tips received from delivering pizzas, but this may differ store to store. Since it is a franchise, each store will differ.

ConsPhone shops three times a month to ensure individuals are giving off the proper phone schpeal. The corporate office acts its employees to do many unnecessary acts. Corporate will dock your store if it does not apply to all of its rules: having a door greeter, wearing name tags, and tucking your shirt into your jeans (this one just looked ridiculous, especially if you were wearing shorts)

Crew/Delivery Driver Interview

Crew Member/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) Pittsburg, CA

ProsClean, Medium paced work, Great first place to gain work experience while attending highschool.

ConsLow pay (minimum wage) strict, slow franchise, also can get very hot in kitchen

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Round Table Pizza? Contribute to the Community!