Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
3.5

Dave Worrall

There is no diversity within the company, has many qualified employees that could be promoted.

I have been working at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing

Pros

The company is a growing company, good for someone that is just getting a fresh start within the mortgage industry.

Cons

No growth for internal hires. No training and development department for new hires. Alot of confusion because no training department.

Upper management should look at and promote internal hires. Show employees that they are appreciated. stop favortism and buddy system.

Depends on your department and age

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved my direct department. Great people

Cons

Raises are complete crap. No matter how hard you work and how much overtime you put in, expect $0.30 maximum per year.

It's a "who you know" system. So if you don't know anyone, you're stuck.

I loved MY supervisor, but my department was blamed for everything, and many of us left due to poor treatment. Be wary, and good luck. Hope they see you as something worth while before you quit.

I quit, and now everything is in shambles. Pay is absolutely pathetic, and don't fall for the "you can advance" bull.

Be honest, and show some appreciation for those giving it their all. SOME sign would have been lovely.

Good entry level job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was definitely a great entry level job for someone who just got out of school. Great people to work with and there is definitely an abundant opportunity to learn in all aspect of mortgage. In order to understand all of mortgage I think it is best to be part of the operations. They have all kinds of events during the 16 months I work there.

Cons

The pay was OK. When it was time for a yearly review and raise they did not give a good one although you had praised you for all your hardwork. As for personal growth, I did not see myself going anywhere in there at all at the time since RPM was also trying to grow. They were trying to have the least amount of people as possible and make one person work a lot but not compensate them. I felt like it was total work overload.

Listen to your employees and compensate the employees for their hardwork.

Former Employee

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing

Pros

Was exciting to work with a new company and see it grow, compensation was generous and they are flexible.

Cons

A lot of chaos and nothing was really properly in place as far as policies/procedures. Seemed to be a lot of favoritism.

Roundpoint has potential, it needs stronger leadership.

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing full-time

Pros

The company is rapidly growing and is extremely flexible.

Cons

Rounpoint lacks satisfactory compensation packages.

n/a

Good

Current Employee - Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing

Pros

It is an upstart company that has a lot of growth opportunities.

Cons

Confussion. Promotions given due to the good ol' boy system.

Do not promote based on the clicks and the people that are willing to throw people under the bus to get ahead.

Educational

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing

Pros

Office Culture, Pay, Benefits, Co workers, Holidays off, team and one on one meetings with supervisor. You will always know what you need to improve on and receive praise when appropriate. You get to meet all VPs of company.

Cons

The hours are based off a seniority and ratings on scorecard. Communication between departments could be better.

Better communication between depts.

Fast-growing and a bit chaotic but pretty good

I have been working at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing full-time

Pros

Like a lot of quickly growing companies, Roundpoint has its quirks and growing pains to deal with. The C-level folks are either unsure of the direction they want to in, or unable or unwilling to communicate it to the peons, 'cause things can seem chaotic at times. The overall culture is kind of like a teenager; sometimes happy and friendly, sometimes cranky, and it's hard to tell which is going to happen next.

The culture is highly dependent on department: some departments are open and friendly, some are shut down tight and don't communicate at all. Most everyone is approachable, and the office layouts are designed to promote that. Training is also dependent on department: some focus on it a lot, others just do the basic stuff required by the Feds.

Promotions are primarily internal, at least when possible. Roundpoint does do what it can to keep quality employees.

Cons

The chaos is distracting; people are relocating from floor to floor and building to building all the time, and the stated reasons for the relocations change. The new office designs are built to maximize bodies in a space, so you do not have much room to move around or have more than your monitors and a keyboard at your desk.

Communicate, communicate, communicate! Break down those walls.

I was not displeased with the job--the company was experiencing growing pains while I was employed there.

Former Employee - Underwriter in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management was flexible when it came to personal time needed for children, appointments, etc. You could make up the time lost before or after hours.

Cons

At the time, my department was micro-managed which is fine for some employees but not everyone requires the same hands-on treatment.

I heard that conditions have improved so keep doing what works best for employees and the customers.

Good place to work

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing

Pros

Lots of growth opportunities in all departments. Great people and atmosphere. Department heads are helpful

Cons

Too far of a drive for me. Overtime was not allowed when business was slow even though the hours were worked