Roundy's Supermarkets

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roundy's Supermarkets Chairman and CEO Bob Mariano

Bob Mariano

Pros
  • There is a flexible schedule available, and because I am full time, I have great benefits and a nice amount of vacation time(in 5 reviews)

• Very good training, good people at the stores(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • 5 hours a week isn't fun, even if you're told a full time position should be available for you 'soon'(in 9 reviews)

• Some of the upper management recruiters are rude and very unprofessional(in 9 reviews)

Ok, if your Full time

Deli Clerk (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThere is a flexible schedule available, and because I am full time, I have great benefits and a nice amount of vacation time.

ConsThere is more and more pressure to get more done with fewer hours and fewer people. Even the people who have worked for the company for 20 yrs or more are looking into leaving because they are consistently hiring low wage workers who cannot perform the jobs necessary and adds stress to the people who know what they are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to spend money to make money. Give more hours and pay more for experience. It's like Business 101.

Just not worth it unless your desperate! I honestly feel sorry for the guys who made this a career..

Selector/Loader (Former Employee) Oconomowoc, WI

ProsUnion got to raise the wage to $15.50 an hour for casuals, if you want long hours this is the place to go

ConsYou will have no life, if your a gym rat like me kiss it goodbye, youll wear yourself out and not make percentage. MANDATORY overtime EVERY NIGHT..my schedule was 2nd shift from 1pm - 9: 30 pm ...for one i NEVER got off at 9:30 and typically worked till 12:30 AM

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your employees better, I remember working the 4th of July which was MANDATORY promising we would get off early what a joke..this company is so CHEAP couldn't even buy us pizza...many of The pallet drivers suck/dangerous. .the warehouse is too small and with SP guys coming down it will get even more dangerous and that much harder to make your percentage!! Oh and all holidays for that matter are bogus, you even work on Christmas! If you want to make money here become a supervisor, they don't do a thing but sit on their butts and get paid to yell at people. The 100% goal each day is unrealistic, Roundy's in Stevens Point plant just closed down so this place is going to be more busy and crowded than it already is. Plenty people are leaving because over time might be at least 4-5 hours from now on instead of 3 due to the extra load of 180,000 more cases a week!!!

Great High School Job

ProsDecent pay for a fun group of people.

ConsNot everyone is the easiest to deal with

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company at first.....

Service Operations Manager (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsPotentially room for growth, but lately seems like they are looking outside the company for more managers.

ConsSalaried managers have to work at minimum 50 hours a week. Lately they seem to be more interested in recent college grads who have zero experience.
    Not much work-life balance - work every weekend.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to be better work-life balance - working every weekend is not ideal for anyone. You need to stop focusing on recent college grads who have no experience in retail, nor do they even want to be in retail, but you flash them a nice wage and who wouldn't take that opportunity? Then they get put into management positions and us other managers have to babysit them daily just so the store/department can stay afloat. Its not a good business practice.

They don't care about employees it is all about dollars.

Order Selector (Current Employee) Mazomanie, WI

ProsIt is used to be a nice place to work then it was bought by current investors and all they care about is getting rich at the expense of the employees.

ConsThey don't take care of personnel or worry about them making a living, it is all about the bottom line and they don't care about what it takes. Employees have lives also but they like to jerk the schedule around to their liking. Insurance has gotten terrible for coverage. Its dedicated more to the Milwaukee area employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe your direct management should start supporting employees and treating them like people. They only promote people they like, even if they aren't qualified. They don't listen to personnel it is their way. HR department has a lot to be desire they don't support the employee when issues arise with work issues or benefit issues.

Do NOT apply here

Deli Clerk (Current Employee) Green Bay, WI

ProsIt's easy to get hired, friendly environment, decent benefits

ConsNo work-life balance at all. Management rarely listens to how many hours requested. If you ask for 15 you'll probably be scheduled for 30, even for days you cannot work on. Little sympathy for injuries too. Management became ANGRY with me when I couldn't work for a few days, despite hardly being able to walk. Stores are understaffed as well. Don't expect many new employees, and if you are an employee, don't expect to be treated with much respect. Low end employees are seen as just a number, even if we are what keeps this company running.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people, treat all employees with respect. Learn that some of us have lives outside of our job.

Don't support their greatest asset: employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat insurance benefits. The company is self-insured and offer the lowest insurance rates of any company I've heard of.

ConsThe company does not support, appreciate, or respect employees.

Employee/management relationships are horrible.

Meat Clerk (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe job is VERY simple and it is very easy money.

ConsManagement at the Metro Market is HORRIBLE. The suck up to Corporate by ANY means.

Good Company to work

Senior Software Analyst (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsCan share your idea and management always listen and if possible impliment idea.

ConsDowntown traffic and parking issue

Low employee loyalty

Deli Clerk (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsThe co-workers are mostly the best thing and some of the customers

ConsThere is no incentive to be loyal, refusal to make employees full time so they do not have to pay benefits,low pay not even a store discount,no bonus pay for working holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more to your workers,full time if worried about costs of benefits offer partial packages or offer a little more hourly wage for not taking benefits, higher wages period and maybe a discount. I would shop where I work but with amount I am paid I can not afford it.

Worked for Roundy's Supermarkets? Contribute to the Community!