Royal Canin

Add Photos

Jean-Christophe Flatin

District Manager, Royal Canin

District Manager (Current Employee) Calif City, CA

ProsGood product, hire good people, great industry, free car, $7 lunch per diem, free pet food up to 70lb per month.

ConsDisorganized, poor marketing, few growth opportunity, lower than industry average pay

US management is ruining this company.

DM, Veterinary Division (Former Employee)

ProsThe quality of the products is second to none. The training is excellent. Most reps are passionate about their jobs.

ConsVery poor management, every level. Negative management style. Managers tend to distrust reps. Micromanagement is the norm. Sales style is changing to be more high pressure and less consultative. Managers have been caught in lies, even on nationwide conference calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook closely at who you promote. Check their backgrounds. Stop managing by intimidation.

It is a clique.

Proslots of experince gained because of how lean the company is

Consgreat if you are from France.
    If you are from France then you are set to move up with or without successes.
    Very Frustrating and anyone that is talanted is looking to get out of there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink Global, Act local. instead of Acting France, and thinking Local. - What works in France does not work Elsewhere!!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great product. Poor management.

Office (Former Employee) Guelph, ON (Canada)

ProsFree food for your pets. Good training and courses offered. Dedicated, knowledgeable colleagues who truly care about the health of the pets.

ConsLack of direction. No respect for people as individuals. Only puppets get promoted. Leadership team very confused and doesn't walk the talk. Condescending senior managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThose in charge at the top need to listen to the associates. Stop promoting people with no managerial skills or talent. Try and retain those who truly care instead of keeping the dead wood to cover your poor decisions.

Royal Canin Review

Line Operator (Current Employee) Guelph, ON (Canada)

ProsWorking environment is clean and organized. Lunch room is very well stocked and accessible.

ConsVery, very HOT working conditions. Sweating the whole time

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease air conditioning THROUGHOUT plant.

Royal Canin Canada

ProsGreat company, great product you can TRULY feel proud of. Your team can become your family and have formed some great friendships with a few people.
    -The company really believes in its "pet first" philosophy and making a better world for cats and dogs.

ConsThe vibe can be very "high school" with one of the worst rumor mills I have ever experienced.

Excellent work opportunity at your own schedule

Pet Nutrition Advocate (Current Employee) Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

ProsKnowledge through learning with their knowlege portals

ConsIndependant work, one your own throughout your work

Great company ! Management is running a company.... a Huge company. Very easy job

Prosjob was very easy. you had to go out of your way and Try to NOT make you goals.

Consmanagement does micro manage some, but again they are running a billion $ company. you would too.

Advice to Senior Managementgolf more.

Loved the job... can't say that about management.

Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) Guelph, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat company to work for....

ConsSadly I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and had a manager that wasn't the best... gone now... but so am I... not much can be done.. the past is the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure all management are ethical and honest people.

Welcome to France

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome excellent co-workers. Competitive salary and benefits. Good coffee machine. Comfortable bump caps. Nice white suits provided. I am having trouble coming up with 20 word minimum.

ConsManagement wants to recreate France abroad. Working long hours, doing your very best, and making sacrifices to your personal time only to be treated as an inferior, stupid foreigner in your own country really starts to wear you down.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve it or not - it is possible that the people from the country you are operating in may know more about how to succeed in their own country than France does. You may want to listen to their ideas some time.

Worked for Royal Canin? Contribute to the Community!