Royal Crest Dairy

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
4.0

Paul Miller

Great family owned company that really cares for its employee's

I worked at Royal Crest Dairy

Pros

The benefits are outstanding. Autonomy, pay isn't bad

Cons

The turnover rate in Routed Sales is through the roof. Very old school ideas of how to market the company and capture that younger family oriented crowd who are consuming a great deal of what the dairy has to offer. Yes, more than milk, but a lot of people don't know that because the marketing and online aspects certainly leave room for opportunity

Get out in the field more and get back in touch with the day to day interaction with the customers rather than running reports and looking for things to gripe about when everyone comes back in.

One of the hardest, and best jobs I have ever had

Former Employee - Route Driver in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Route Driver in Denver, CO

I worked at Royal Crest Dairy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for, and will make you physically fit if you stick with it.

Cons

Physicaly stressful, odd hours, mentally stressful in the start of employment

Decent pay with physical cost

Current Employee - Route Driver in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Denver, CO

I have been working at Royal Crest Dairy

Pros

The pay is decent considering the amount of time actually working. The supervision is for the most part understanding and flexible. As long as you finish before 630am, your work hours are as flexible as you are quick.

Cons

The job can be very physically demanding, considering you sprint back and forth all night carrying dairy products. This position is graveyard shift. Any small mistake (one out of about 200 houses a night) has to be explained in detail. Despite when you finish delivering, you cannot come back to the dairy until a certain time. You get no holidays off, ever.

More incentives to be mistake-free would make me more conscious of what I am doing. Giving the customers more info on what we do might prevent them from making our jobs harder, such as white egg cartons are not recyclable or to call ahead for large orders.